CDZ Homosexual activism

Religion is a choice.

If the state recognizes same sex marriage, you still don't have to.

If you aren't being coerced to celebrate homosexuality, then stop trying to coerce gay people to not be gay or get married.
Not if you run a cake shop!
Then your complaint is with Public Accomodation laws...which have been around a long time.

Religion is a choice.
Not always. Some people are considered Jewish even though they are atheist.

If you aren't being coerced to celebrate homosexuality, then stop trying to coerce gay people to not be gay or get married.
Photographers and bakers are being compelled to celebrate homosexual marriage.

Baker Faces Prison for Refusing to Bake Same-Sex Wedding Cake - Breitbart

And homosexuals got married all the time before official government sanctioned marriage. Stop the histrionics.
If one doesn't like certain people getting legally married, maybe one should not be in the wedding business.....just like if one doesn't like transporting certain people who are perfectly legal, one should not be in the taxi business.

Is homosexuality a religion, an ethnic group/race, or a behavior?.

Religion is a behavior. Homosexuality may or may not be ingrained- but people choose their religion.
Actually the government discriminates against religious people all the time. Religion is seldom mentioned in government schools.

Conversely, government schools often delight in homosexual propaganda.

Harvey Milk Day - SaveCalifornia.com
You are incorrect. Religion is perfectly ok in schools...but it is NOT the school officials who must direct religion.

And let's not forget homosexuality has been associated with pederasty and misogyny for 1000s of years.

Family Research Council

Homosexuals should be shown compassion and understanding, I am only saying we shouldn't be coerced into celebrating the damaging homosexual lifestyle.

Yes, it's very compassionate and understanding to compare gays to pedophiles and misogynists.

I can just feel the love of Christ dripping from your post.

Yes, it's very compassionate and understanding to compare gays to pedophiles and misogynists.
Is my statement false? In ancient Greece did some men feel women were inferior and relationships with women were less ennobling than relationships with men? Did some upper class men have sexual relationships with teenage boys?

Pederasty - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

If my statement is true how can you criticize me?

Religion is a choice.

If you run a business that sells cakes, then sell cakes regardless of whether the customer is homosexual, Jewish, Christian, blind, black or Bavarian.
That makes sense to me; however, I would think that the owner should have the authority to set boundaries as to what type of cake he sells. If he does not support homosexual marriage he should be able to refuse to decorate a wedding cake with two men figures or two female figures. If he is anti-Christian, he should be able to refuse decorating cakes with Crosses. Anyone should be able to come into the store and buy a cake off the shelf.

Anyway, the point is some are being forced to accept homosexuality.

Religion is a choice.

If you run a business that sells cakes, then sell cakes regardless of whether the customer is homosexual, Jewish, Christian, blind, black or Bavarian.

No- no more than anyone is being forced to accept African Americans

Business's are required to follow the law.

In Colorado, the law says a business cannot discriminate based upon race, religion, etc- including sexual preference.

No one requires the business to 'accept' homosexuality any more than they are being forced to accept Catholicism or Judaism.

And let's not forget homosexuality has been associated with pederasty and misogyny for 1000s of years.

By homophobes who want to condemn homosexuals.

Seriously- I could as easily say that Christianity has been associated with pederasty and misogyny for 1,000's of years- while the statement would be 'true' in the sense I could find examples of that- it wouldn't be true to imply that Christians therefore are pederasts or misogynists.

Religion is a choice.

That makes sense to me; however, I would think that the owner should have the authority to set boundaries as to what type of cake he sells. If he does not support homosexual marriage he should be able to refuse to decorate a wedding cake with two men figures or two female figures. If he is anti-Christian, he should be able to refuse decorating cakes with Crosses. Anyone should be able to come into the store and buy a cake off the shelf.

Any business should be able to refuse to create a particular design, whether it's a tattoo shop, advertising agency, or bakery. But, you can bake a damn cake and let the people order their cake toppers online. All you have to say is, "We don't carry that item."

Is homosexuality a religion, an ethnic group/race, or a behavior?.

Religion is a behavior. Homosexuality may or may not be ingrained- but people choose their religion.
Actually the government discriminates against religious people all the time. Religion is seldom mentioned in government schools.

Conversely, government schools often delight in homosexual propaganda.

Harvey Milk Day - SaveCalifornia.com

Not mentioning religion is not discriminating against religion. Public Accommodation laws protect Christians from discrimination- it is actually illegal- more completely than homosexuals- since Christians are protected by federal law.

California kids learn about Harvey Milk- who crusaded for equal rights for homosexuals- and also about Father Serra- who brought missions to California- and also about Mother Theresa- for her work for the poor, and of course also about Reverend Martin Luther King Jr.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that this bakery acted in such a way as to make themselves martyrs for the cause in order to get some public attention?

THUNDERBIRD SAID:

“Is homosexuality a religion, an ethnic group/race, or a behavior?”

Homosexuals represent a class of persons entitled to Constitutional protections.

THUNDERBIRD SAID:

“Yes, gay is a choice. Get over it.”

It makes no difference legally and Constitutionally whether homosexuality manifests as a consequence of choice or birth, that choice is a protected liberty all citizens may make, absent interference by the states:

“When sexuality finds overt expression in intimate conduct with another person, the conduct can be but one element in a personal bond that is more enduring. The liberty protected by the Constitution allows homosexual persons the right to make this choice.” Lawrence v. Texas (2008)

THUNDERBIRD SAID:

“Poll: 55% of Blacks Say Gay Rights Not the Same as Civil Rights.”

Irrelevant.

Citizens' rights are not determined by popular vote, and certainly not by opinion polls.

THUNDERBIRD SAID:

“We are allowed to withhold approval for damaging behaviors like cocaine use, overeating, and homosexuality. This is not discrimination.”

Incorrect. The fails as a false comparison fallacy, and is indeed discrimination with regard to homosexuals.

Homosexuality is not a 'damaging behavior,' seeking to discriminate against gay Americans lacks a rational basis, is devoid of objective, documented evidence in support, and pursues no valid legislative end; which is why the courts have invalidated state measures seeking to disadvantage gay Americans, such as Colorado's Amendment 2 and Utah's Amendment 3.

Moreover, measures seeking to prohibit the use of drugs such as cocain are applied to everyone equally, no particular class of persons is singled out for exclusion – which is not the case with regard to laws and measures intended only to disadvantage gay Americans based solely on who they are, in an effort to make them different from everyone else. This the states may not do. “A state cannot so deem a class of persons a stranger to its laws.” Romer v. Evans (1996)

Religion is a choice.

Then your complaint is with Public Accomodation laws...which have been around a long time.
Im not complaining. I'm refuting Coloradomtnman's statement. Those who are taking issue with my statement seem to be agreeing with me in that regard.

California kids learn about Harvey Milk- who crusaded for equal rights for homosexuals-
And kids are not shown that Milk had sex with a child. Milk was also closely allied to Jim Jones.

and also about Father Serra- who brought missions to California- and also about Mother Theresa- for her work for the poor,
Many examples of anti-religious discrimination: Religious Liberty Archives FIRE

Homosexuals represent a class of persons entitled to Constitutional protections.
Homosexuality is a behavior and people should be free to approve or disapprove of this behavior.

Citizens' rights are not determined by popular vote, and certainly not by opinion polls.
Too often these rights are determined by billionaires.

Obama-Minded Billionaires Mostly Quiet On Same-Sex Marriage - Forbes

Moreover, measures seeking to prohibit the use of drugs such as cocain are applied to everyone equally, no particular class of persons is singled out for exclusion –
Not at all! Cocaine users as a class are discriminated against!

The liberty protected by the Constitution allows homosexual persons the right to make this choice.” Lawrence v. Texas (2008)
Funny for centuries no one found this right in the Constitution. Other judges could overturn this ruling. Law makers could right new laws.

California kids learn about Harvey Milk- who crusaded for equal rights for homosexuals-
And kids are not shown that Milk had sex with a child. Milk was also closely allied to Jim Jones.

a) There is no evidence that Milk ever had sex with any under age minor.
b) Why would you be promoting teaching to children how historic figures may or may not have had sex?
Certainly when children learn about Thomas Jefferson, teachers don't make a point of saying that he may have had illegal sex with one of his slaves, nor if they learn about Elvis Presley, they are not taught that he had sex with an underage minor.

You homophobes- and yes that is what you are- fixate on a figure like Harvey Milk- and I understand why.

You blame him for the acceptance that homosexuals are getting in society. He successfully fought your attempts to ban homosexual teachers in schools. He promoted the idea that the only way homosexuals would gain acceptance was to be open with their family and friends about being homosexuals- and he has been proven right.

Harvey Milk promoted equality for homosexuals- and you homophobes despise him for that.

Homosexuality is a behavior and people should be free to approve or disapprove of this behavior..

Homosexuality is the attraction to persons of the same gender- it is not a 'behavior'.

You however can disapprove of whatever or whoever you want- homosexuals- blacks- Jews- handicapped- women- Puerto Ricans.

Just so long as you don't do so in an illegal manner.

Forum List

Back