Hometown of Lucille Ball erects ugly statue in her "honor". Town rebels.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
That is ugly and doesn't resemble lucy at all. Looks like mooch.

Lucille Ball fans want frightening statue in star s hometown removed - Yahoo News

april 2 2015
They don’t love this Lucy.
Locals are not happy with this statue of Lucille Ball in Celoron, N.Y.

e2247db0-d979-11e4-b19d-bd028e337587_555706_337383403017442_790305877_n.jpg

Lucille Ball’s hometown, just outside Jamestown in western New York, erected a life-size statue to honor the beloved actress — but now it has some explaining to do.

Many take issue with the sculptor’s unflattering depiction of the “I Love Lucy” star.

A self-described “big fan of Lucy’s” from Jamestown thinks the statue needs to be replaced with one befitting the comedy legend.

“Lucille Ball was not only an amazing comedienne, but she was a stunning beauty. Her sense of humor only made her more beautiful,” he said in an interview with Yahoo News. “This statue looks nothing like the beautiful Lucy we all know. If for no other reason than that... the statue should go.

Reminds me of the sorry ass statue of Stan Musial...what a joke this thing was, is, will always be. The City of St. Louis paid $50k to some Mexican "sculptor" for this ridiculous piece of bronze back in mid-60s.

That's the way it should look on the right.

zMusial Statue2.jpg

Last edited:
The great Lucille Ball is possibly the funniest person who ever lived. That is all.
I liked her comedy when I was a youngster. Before color TV.
Even with color TV, her comedy still holds up. I remember growing up with TV Land and watching "I Love Lucy" as a kid. I remember my mom said she couldn't watch the show and I wondered why she didn't like it. Turns out it made her laugh so hard she had to leave the room over how ridiculous every episode eventually escalated to.

This isn't her funniest scene but it's the one I love the most. My sister and I used to reenact it all the time:

That is ugly and doesn't resemble lucy at all. Looks like mooch.

Lucille Ball fans want frightening statue in star s hometown removed - Yahoo News

april 2 2015
They don’t love this Lucy.
Locals are not happy with this statue of Lucille Ball in Celoron, N.Y.

e2247db0-d979-11e4-b19d-bd028e337587_555706_337383403017442_790305877_n.jpg

Lucille Ball’s hometown, just outside Jamestown in western New York, erected a life-size statue to honor the beloved actress — but now it has some explaining to do.

Many take issue with the sculptor’s unflattering depiction of the “I Love Lucy” star.

A self-described “big fan of Lucy’s” from Jamestown thinks the statue needs to be replaced with one befitting the comedy legend.

“Lucille Ball was not only an amazing comedienne, but she was a stunning beauty. Her sense of humor only made her more beautiful,” he said in an interview with Yahoo News. “This statue looks nothing like the beautiful Lucy we all know. If for no other reason than that... the statue should go.

Looks to me like Andy Griffith in drag.

Looks more like Eleonore Roosevelt than Lucy

Forum List

Back