Homeownership rate lowest in 25 years

Expanding Home Ownership
"This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."

- President George W. Bush, December 16, 2003

Bush's fault.., Bush's fault.., Bush's fault.., Bush's fault.., Bush's fault.., Bush's fault.., Bush's fault.., Bush's fault..,

Well I'll be damned, the fucking idiot wildman got it right for once. Bush's fault.Bush's fault. Say it loud and proud wildman.

My kids prefer to rent...I don't know why, but I bought my first home at 25..

As a 40 year old married man with a reasonable ($75k( income who doesn't own a home, and never wants to, let's see if I can explain it to you.....

Many of us grew up in houses. We saw the amount ot fime, energy, stress and money our parents put into building/buying and maintaining a house. We've seen the unbelievable Water/Sewer bills and property taxes. We've watched as our parents waste entire weekends power-washing the siding or an entire day doing the lawn maintainence; and we don't want that. We have better things to do with our time. We would rather pay the premium for the landlord to deal with that crap than to do it ourselves.

Oh, the water heater died...... Spend all Saturday trying to fix/replace it or call the landlord and go out for the day while HE deals with it? Easy answer there.

My kids prefer to rent...I don't know why, but I bought my first home at 25..

As a 40 year old married man with a reasonable ($75k( income who doesn't own a home, and never wants to, let's see if I can explain it to you.....

Many of us grew up in houses. We saw the amount ot fime, energy, stress and money our parents put into building/buying and maintaining a house. We've seen the unbelievable Water/Sewer bills and property taxes. We've watched as our parents waste entire weekends power-washing the siding or an entire day doing the lawn maintainence; and we don't want that. We have better things to do with our time. We would rather pay the premium for the landlord to deal with that crap than to do it ourselves.

Oh, the water heater died...... Spend all Saturday trying to fix/replace it or call the landlord and go out for the day while HE deals with it? Easy answer there.
it takes me about 2 hours to replace a hot water tank,and the apartments I've lived at, the maintenance man takes his sweet time getting around to repairs..I had one apartment that the dishwasher was never fixed, and easy job, replacing a hose...
The state of Missouri is real estate tax free for those on SS. Mine runs me 422.00 a year, which the state refunds after tax filing..So I pay zero..

it takes me about 2 hours to replace a hot water tank,and the apartments I've lived at, the maintenance man takes his sweet time getting around to repairs..I had one apartment that the dishwasher was never fixed, and easy job, replacing a hose.

I've never had a problem getting a landlord to fix something more than once. The first time it doesn't get dealt with IMMEDIATELY, they get a registered letter with a copy of the Mass General Laws (MGL) section on apartment maintenance and a notification that in the future if things are not dealt with in a timely manner I will simply hire a contractor to do so and include the receipt with my next rent check (reduced by the amount required to repair the issue). That seems to get their attention pretty quickly.

My free time and not needing to worry about the maintanence items is worth the money to me.

The state of Missouri is real estate tax free for those on SS. Mine runs me 422.00 a year, which the state refunds after tax filing..So I pay zero..

Not so in this part of the world. Here in MA/CT/RI, people pay income, excies/property and sales taxes on pretty much everything.

it takes me about 2 hours to replace a hot water tank,and the apartments I've lived at, the maintenance man takes his sweet time getting around to repairs..I had one apartment that the dishwasher was never fixed, and easy job, replacing a hose.

I've never had a problem getting a landlord to fix something more than once. The first time it doesn't get dealt with IMMEDIATELY, they get a registered letter with a copy of the Mass General Laws (MGL) section on apartment maintenance and a notification that in the future if things are not dealt with in a timely manner I will simply hire a contractor to do so and include the receipt with my next rent check (reduced by the amount required to repair the issue). That seems to get their attention pretty quickly.

My free time and not needing to worry about the maintanence items is worth the money to me.

Not so in this part of the world. Here in MA/CT/RI, people pay income, excies/property and sales taxes on pretty much everything.
I don't mow and have not since 2001 when moving to the country, since it's wooded..it's nice for a change........That's nice about the hiring of the contractor, I lived in Okiehoma when I rented and they don't give dern..

I don't mow and have not since 2001 when moving to the country, since it's wooded..it's nice for a change........

More privacy in the out house?

I don't mow and have not since 2001 when moving to the country, since it's wooded..it's nice for a change........

More privacy in the out house?
Who needs an outhouse???

I can't do woods. Too many trees blocking defensive sight-lines.
I live 700 feet from the road and the drive-way is winding and uphill, the dogs let me know when anyone is driving down the road and you can hear them 1/2 mile away......cops won't even get out of their cars when they get here, what with 15 dogs to get their uniform dirty, or torn....

Thank you President Obama. Quite the legacy of dependency and despair.

Homeownership rate lowest in 25 years

Home prices are rising, and homeownership is falling. How can that be?

If prices are rising, it must be because there is increasing demand for homes, but if there is increasing demand, then why are there fewer homeowners?

It has to do with this: math. The homeownership rate in the first quarter of this year fell to 63.7 percent, the lowest since 1990, according to the U.S. Census. The homeownership rate is the ratio of households that own to overall households—the remaining being rental households.

How did Obama cause that?

6 years of failure.

Failure at doing what? Be specific. Provide credible evidence.

Failure at the recovery from recession. Historically the bigger the recession the bigger and faster the recovery....until Obama.

Failure to keep our debt in check. More debt then alllllll the presidents before him combined and for what?

Failure to protect at Benghazi.

Failed his own black people.

Failure to contain illegal immigration.

Historically? It has more to do with the largeness of the system that breaks down...the bigger they are, the harder they fall...Another factor in play, a generation of revenue.. Reagan had the tech revolution to help, GW bush had Clinton and the release of retirement funds for investment that would be covered like FDIC insures bank accounts, Bush jr. had the War, and Oblama needs to legalize weed...

Thank the Bush administration for this.

Bush's fault.., Bush's fault.., Bush's fault.., Bush's fault.., Bush's fault.., Bush's fault.., Bush's fault.., Bush's fault.., Bush's fault.., Bush's fault.., Bush's fault.., Bush's fault.., Bush's fault.., Bush's fault.., Bush's fault.., Bush's fault.., it is always, .Bush's fault.., Bush's fault.., Bush's fault.., Bush's fault.., Bush's fault.., Bush's fault.., Bush's fault.., Bush's fault.., do you fucking :asshole:S know what it takes to be a home OWNER ?? thought not !! in order to OWN a home you have to PAY OFF the LOAN, otherwise it belongs to the bankers. :up:

how many liberliars here OWN their home ?
That's Boooosh to you.

Cheaper to rent. People lost their homes in the last recession and others realized is was cheaper and less risky to rent. It can all be explained by the recession.

Forum List

Back