Homeless veteran battling Gastonia Police.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
So the police get a call about someone panhandling. (which is a legal first amendment issue). Soto start with the cops never should have shown up to start with. youg

Second, it would appear they had NO evidence that he had panhandled anything. All they saw was a man standing with his dog. They got physical with him. It seems they might have got mad over him not giving up his ID. Being that he is homeless he very well may not have any and your are NOT required to have any ID on you going out for a walk.

So they arrest him over completely bogus charges that all get dropped but their actions still led to his service dog getting killed after they tased it.

I just can not understand the mindset of people like this who become police officers. They claim to "Serve and Protect" but they neither served or protected anyone here. Also it's sad what we do to our young men and women to soothe our violent tendencies as a country only to have them return broken.

Homeless veteran battling Gastonia Police Department

So the police get a call about someone panhandling. (which is a legal first amendment issue). Soto start with the cops never should have shown up to start with. youg

Second, it would appear they had NO evidence that he had panhandled anything. All they saw was a man standing with his dog. They got physical with him. It seems they might have got mad over him not giving up his ID. Being that he is homeless he very well may not have any and your are NOT required to have any ID on you going out for a walk.

So they arrest him over completely bogus charges that all get dropped but their actions still led to his service dog getting killed after they tased it.

I just can not understand the mindset of people like this who become police officers. They claim to "Serve and Protect" but they neither served or protected anyone here. Also it's sad what we do to our young men and women to soothe our violent tendencies as a country only to have them return broken.

They absolutely DID serve, and protect. You simply seem to be confused as to whom they serve, and protect. It isn’t you, or me. Though occasionally that may happen as a byproduct. They serve and protect the governing body, and it’s will.

• In the days following his arrest, his service dog, Sunshine, was hit and killed by a car while in the care of a community member.
It's right in the damn article....Come on man.

• In the days following his arrest, his service dog, Sunshine, was hit and killed by a car while in the care of a community member.
It's right in the damn article....Come on man.

I posted the article. I read the article. If they had left the man alone like they should have it doesn't run off after being with others.

Either you write like a 12 year old or you are deliberately trying to distort the facts.

Street people should be given the bum's rush.....They are in my AO.

In Texas...

A lot of people think and fall for the idea you have to get a permit to exercise your constitutional rights. You never do.

Many places want you to believe you have to get a permit to protest also. You do not.

Either you write like a 12 year old or you are deliberately trying to distort the facts.

Street people should be given the bum's rush.....They are in my AO.

What you want and what is, is not necessarily the same thing

A lot of people think and fall for the idea you have to get a permit to exercise your constitutional rights. You never do.

Many places want you to believe you have to get a permit to protest also. You do not.

The local news this morning indicated that he had provided the police with his military ID.

The man is a veteran and the dog was his service dog.

So we are noting that aggressive panhandling could be legal. No you can't grab people and demand money. There is zero evidence of they here and as I said, the police had no evidence of anything but decided to harass this man.

Joshua Rohrer, 38, who served in the Army National Guard and spent time in Iraq, was arrested Oct. 13 and accused of resisting arrest and begging for money near the Gastonia Target store. Rohrer denies he was panhandling, although he said he frequented that area and often received gifts of food for himself and his service dog, Sunshine Rae, from passers-by.

Rohrer's arrest sparked outrage in the Gaston and Cleveland counties and with some veterans groups nationwide after witnesses claimed police were rough with Rohrer and Sunshine Rae. Rohrer has stated publicly that police used a taser on Sunshine Rae and assaulted him.

WCNC Charlotte asked that a judge force the Gastonia Police Department to release body camera footage of Rohrer's arrest, but the police department opposed the request, and Superior Court Judge Stephan Futrell refused to order the footage released.

Sunshine Rae escaped while Rohrer was in jail and was hit by a car and killed in Cleveland County.

On Wednesday, Rohrer appeared in Gaston District Court and pleaded guilty to driving while license revoked. All other charges against Rohrer were dismissed...

They tasered the dog, man, they tasered the dog!

And why are they afraid to release the body camera footage?

So we are noting that aggressive panhandling could be legal. No you can't grab people and demand money. There is zero evidence of they here and as I said, the police had no evidence of anything but decided to harass this man.

Or help get him off the street.

Forum List

Back