Home Made Salsa

They key is really good tomatoes...and then onion, fresh peppers and just enough cilantro.

They key is really good tomatoes...and then onion, fresh peppers and just enough cilantro.

And not those pretty looking, no taste having, wax tomatoes. Use vine ripened and after you mix let it sit for a few hours for the flavors to mingle. I include fresh garlic.

juice from fresh limes and a splash of EVOO

For an additional treat corn roasted on the grill cut off the cob

Lots of cilantro

Let it sit, refrigerated, overnight if possible

at least one habanero. dice as much as possible rather than puree. wide range of peppers and types of onions. corona beer AND negro modello with the lime. corn and black beans.

Thanks everyone! We love fresh salsa, thought I'd try making it this weekend.

Lots of good ideas!

Now, how long does it last after you make it?

Secret to salsa.
If tomatoes are out of season - use Italian tomatoes.
Use fresh cilantro and juice from a real lime.

it's the onions that make the translation. this is what makes the salsa breathe. if the onions, and they must be red are chopped appropriately some small like a thumbnail / about that size/ then the onions translate and kick ass in the salsa.

My girlfriends Mexican I am not sure what she uses though, I'll have to ask her.

But there are so many different provinces. Mexico is not Mexico. It is a whole wonderous world.

I think this is where so many fail to understand this amazing country. I know the country because of food/ loving food/ and admiring so many great chefs there.

By all means though, sneak her salsa recipe to me. :lol:

My girlfriends Mexican I am not sure what she uses though, I'll have to ask her.

But there are so many different provinces. Mexico is not Mexico. It is a whole wonderous world.

I think this is where so many fail to understand this amazing country. I know the country because of food/ loving food/ and admiring so many great chefs there.

By all means though, sneak her salsa recipe to me. :lol:

I will see if I can find out what she uses, she is half Bolivian so its probably a mixture of different things.

I think she uses tomatillos or something but not sure?

a verde?

she takes the green tomato and peels like a package off of it. she makes a verde?

You are a lucky man. And kudos to her.

Yes Chile verde is what she calls it, you can either eat it with just chips as a side dish or use it as a meal with rice and chopped chicken or carne asada, very good stuff.:eusa_drool:

for others

salsa verde is made with tomatillos. I love this sauce. I think it's the best ever for any meal with fish.

I think she uses tomatillos or something but not sure?

a verde?

she takes the green tomato and peels like a package off of it. she makes a verde?

You are a lucky man. And kudos to her.

Yes Chile verde is what she calls it, you can either eat it with just chips as a side dish or use it as a meal with rice and chopped chicken or carne asada, very good stuff.:eusa_drool:

There is beleive it or not this most amazing cooking culture in South America. And the chefs are brilliant beyond.

You have cultures that oh my make my heart spin. Unreal. It's this continent that no one ever talks about.

We're talking amazing souls here.

Their grilling techniques sp are to die for. I swear I will build a brazillian bbq grill before I die.

New Topics

Forum List

Back