Home Depot Hires Illegals

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by William Joyce, Mar 5, 2005.

1. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
  2. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Hey its the return of Auschwitz!

Tough shit, are you looking for a job at H.D.? What problem is it to you? I suppose next you'll be pissed that Whites aren't getting their fair share in the tomato fields.

Just another White guy who has it all and doesn't want anyone else to have a piece of the action.

BTW why did you turn tail and hide for many months? I'll suppose i'll get the no time explanation although about 15 minutes a day is quite sufficient here.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    are they paying taxes? who's social security number did they steal to be able to? now the big question, are they here legally? no.

4. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    I have no problem with anyone hiring immigrant labor. Hiring illegals is a different matter. If Home Depot is knowingly hiring illegals, or if their hiring practices fail to take reasonable measures to assure a person's status, then Home Depot execs need to face criminal prosecution.

5. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Yes, but these laws are never enforced.

6. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    I just want to know if illegals(if they were in fact illegals, we know about the sites Willie draws his material from) were not in these menial positions, would native born Americans take them? I see alot of signs around lately saying help wanted then I hear alot of people bitch about no work available.

7. SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    If the market were actually able to be 'free' then you'd see some of these companies paying appropriate salaries.

8. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Appropriate salaries.......so in your eyes a cashier at H.D. should be making what? 15/hr? If we are not in a free market what should a schlep be making flipping burgers at Mickey D's if we did have a free market?

Also you say we we are not in a free market which would indicate some sort of wage control or freezes,show something that indicates we are not in a free market because in my business nobody tells me what I can charge but rather the marketplace noses me towards a price. I mean I could charge any damn thing I want but i'm not guaranteed to get customers, isn't that the definition of a free market?

9. SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    the market figures that out. by not enforcing immigration laws, both against the illegals and the business' that hire them, we artificially deflate the job market. Thats how we end up with jobs 'americans' won't do. Now, IF the immigration laws were enforced we'd find the job market would stabilize against the wage market and they would settle somewhere in the middle. Some wages would go up( I don't think you'd see the $15/$20 an hour grocery store worker) and unemployment would go down. You'd also have to remove some of the unemployment protections, im sure that wouldn't bother republicans at all. If unemployment looked less promising than working a fast food counter, you'd see a line of applicants.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I was making $14.50 in the grocery store, after 1.5 years. Full medical benefits too. That was 7 years ago.