Home Depot Founder: Obama's Regulations Are Killing Businesses

There were people in New Orleans in 2005 DYING to hear: I'm from the Government...I'm here to help"

And the first people to utter the words I'm from the Government...I'm here to help" were from the RCMP...

The Royal CANADIAN Mounted Police, from Vancouver British Columbia...the far north west!
It was the failure of (local and state) government that left those people in harm's way in New Orleans.

Not to mention the fact that they sat around WAITING for the government to "help", instead of getting off their dead asses and helping themselves.

ABC - Mayor Nagin & Gov. Blanco at Fault

There were lots of hurricanes & natural disasters during the Bush presidency & people came through them just fine. Only New Orleans failed miserably. Bush & DHS did their share of screwing up in New Orleans on Katrina, but Mayor Nagin & Gov. Blanco were the worst offenders. They blamed Bush for not sending enough busses.

CNN - Red Cross: State rebuffed relief efforts

- Louisiana officials rebuffed American Red Cross requests to enter New Orleans with relief supplies last week because of concerns over logistical difficulties, Red Cross and state officials said

- Colonel Jay Mayeaux appearing at the news conference with Howell, said he had asked the Red Cross to wait 24 hours for conditions to be "set" for the operation.

- Vic Howell, chief executive officer of Louisiana Capital Area Red Cross Chapter sais "We had adequate supplies, the people and the vehicles." "It was the middle of a military rescue operation trying to save lives. We were asked not to go in, and we abided by that recommendation."

- Due to the States request the Red Cross never launched its relief effort in the city.

Last edited:
There were people in New Orleans in 2005 DYING to hear: I'm from the Government...I'm here to help"

And the first people to utter the words I'm from the Government...I'm here to help" were from the RCMP...

The Royal CANADIAN Mounted Police, from Vancouver British Columbia...the far north west!
It was the failure of (local and state) government that left those people in harm's way in New Orleans.

Not to mention the fact that they sat around WAITING for the government to "help", instead of getting off their dead asses and helping themselves.

What were they supposed to do...swim 10 miles? What a fucking horrible thing to say. You are SCUM.

There were lots of hurricanes & natural disasters during the Bush presidency & people came through them just fine. Only New Orleans failed miserably. Bush & DHS did their share of screwing up in New Orleans on Katrina, but Mayor Nagin & Gov. Blanco were the worst offenders. They blamed Bush for not sending enough busses.

Mayor Nagin & Gov. Blanco at Fault

Bush FAILED miserably, just like he failed on 9/11 when he was told by his Chief of Staff: "America is under attack" and he sat there like a TURD for 10 minutes.

Let's see what a REAL President and leader did when a hurricane hit New Orleans:

When disaster strikes; American tradition is to set aside party politics. When our citizens are in danger we are ALL just Americans.

HOW do we measure a leader? Shouldn't it be performance & competence?

Bush supporters talk how tough he is....Bush gets NOTHING done!

LBJ WAS tough, AND he got things done!

LBJ and Bush BOTH faced National disasters.
Hurricane Betsy-1965 and Katrina-2005

LBJ was decisive, Bush was detached. The people that call Bush incompetent are NOT "libs", "Dems" or Bush haters. They're people that KNOW him and WORKED for him.

A President that blames others and offers names is NOT a leader. He's a COWARD!!!

President Lyndon Baines Johnson took Hurricane Betsy personally. HE used the power entrusted to him by the people, his strong leadership and he got things done.

In the first hours, LBJ called 20 government agencies: Corps of Engineers, Veterans Administration, Food and Drug Administration, Agricultural Department, Small Business Administration, all the services: Army, Navy, Air Force, the National Command Center, Department of Agriculture, Interior, Maritime, Housing and Home Finance, Bureau of Yards and Docks and Navy, Federal Communications, Federal Aviation, Bureau of Public Roads, Treasury, Commerce, and Interstate Commerce Commission.

5 hours later LBJ, the President of the United States, was in New Orleans running the rescue effort!

LBJ anticipated ALL the problems Bush blames on others!

Before boarding Air Force One LBJ had a phone conversation with Robert Phillips the 1965 version of Michael Brown. LBJ didn't WAIT to see what Phillips would do...

LBJ TOLD Phillips WHAT to do and HOW to do it:

White House Transcript excerpt:
LBJ: "we've got to cut out all the red tape. We've got to work around the clock. We've got to ignore hours. We've got to bear in mind that we exist for only one purpose and that's to the greatest good for the greatest number. And the people who've lost their homes, people who have lost their furniture, the people who have lost some of their crops and even their families are not going to be very interested in any individual differences between federal or state or local agencies."

LBJ GOT THINGS DONE! AND; You didn't say NO to LBJ!

Phillips wasn't hoping for "Bobby, you're doing a heck of a job." Phillips was PRAYING HIS nuts wouldn't end up flying from the White House flagpole!!!

EXCUSES are for people that CAN'T get things done. WE CAN'T tolerate that in a President.

I can't believe how many Americans' still defend this TOTAL failure of a President. They are even willing to TRUST him to protect their God given liberties. Trust a man that referred to US Constitution, the document he swore under oath to preserve, protect and defend as just a goddamn piece of paper!!!

Two Texans, ONE President!

Read LBJ transcripts @ Presidential Recordings Program . White House Tapes

BULLSHIT...Are you capable of spewing anything other than right wing propaganda?
Thanks for the timeline. It shows that idiot Nagin waited until the day before landfall to order an evacuation. Then, despite the city's evac plan calling for the use of school buses, he lets them sit there and flood.

There really is no rational defense for Nagin. He was simply incompetent.

Further, the left's culture of people being utterly dependent on government means it never occurred to many residents to get out on their own. They expected the government to take care of them.

And the local government failed.

Indeed. Thank the left for that, for telling people that government is the solution to all their problems.

What were they supposed to do...swim 10 miles? What a fucking horrible thing to say. You are SCUM.

nobussescopydq8.jpg

While President Obama insists only a “balanced” approach to the debt crisis that includes higher taxes is acceptable, the founder of one of America’s most successful retail businesses claims the president doesn’t have a clue about the economy. Home Depot founder Bernie Marcus told Investors Business Daily in an interview yesterday the president hasn’t the faintest idea of how jobs are created, but businessmen are intimidated into silence about the administration’s faulty policies. According to Marcus:

They are frightened to death — frightened that they will have the IRS or SEC on them. In my 50 years in business, I have never seen executives of major companies who were more intimidated by an administration.

Home Depot Founder: Obama

We don't have a Home Depot in my town. But we do have another large chain business of the same type. I suspect that in many cases, mismanagement on the part of the business is a big part of their problem. Mismanagement and stupidity.

A couple years ago, I watched 5 clerks talking and cutting up while paying customers were trying to get out of the store. When I got my turn I said, 'wow, I'm really impressed. Business must be super for so many of you to be able to stand around and do nothing.' They looked at me like I had three heads!

And here was my LAST conversation with them:

Here's how it went:
>
>"I'm here to pay for the stair treads and risers my contractor had put in the
>system on Monday"
>
>
>No one could find them in the system. "Ma'an you've already paid for them."
>
>"No, I paid for the flooring, not the treads and risers. The treads and risers
>were a special order."
>
>
>"Well, it's not in the system."
>
>"OK, the person my contractor set this up with was......."
>
>"Who's that?"
>
>"You tell me, you work here." (I was using the term work loosely.)
>
>We go around just like this for about 10 minutes. Finally someone goes to the
>flooring department and gets the woman who works that department.
>
>"Oh here it is. I found it under special orders."
>
>Finally I pay. Then go to set up a delivery date and time.
>
>"We already have that in our system as Dec. 26."
>
>"It can't be Dec. 26, the stuff won't even BE here until Jan 7. " But my other
>order is for Dec. 27."
>
>"You have another delivery?"
>
>"Yes, for the 27th."
>
>"No, that's for the 26th."
>
>"Ok, whatever. Let's just get this order in for delivery so I can go home and
>eat something."
>
>"OK, well this has the purchase order number for your first order on here, so it
>is all supposed to be delivered on the 10th."
>
>"No, the flooring is supposed to be delivered first."
>
>" But the purchase order number is on this ticket."
>
>Sunshine gets ticket out for first sale.
>
>"This order doesn't have a PO number on it, so how did it get on THAT receipt?"
>
>"It doesn't have a PO number because the flooring was in stock."
>
>"But you just said, the PO number from the first purchase was on this receipt."
>
>Clerk looks, and studies said receipt.
>
>"Oh, OK. One PO number is the treads and the other is the risers. Different
>order."
>
>"OK, lets set it up for the 10th."
>
>" No problem."
>
>Finally, it is set up.
>
>"Now let's go back and look at the first order. If it is set up for the 26th,
>don't change it. Just tell me when and where and I will move heaven and earth
>to be there that day."
>
>"Uh ma'am the first order is down for delivery on the 27th."
>
>"But you told me it was down for the 26th."
>
>"Oh, no ma'am, that was the one that wasn't set up yet."
>
>
>My nephew, who is my contractor, told me to be sure that any time I tell this
>story I use the last phrase I said to HIM:
>
>
>IT WAS A FUCKING DISASTER!

BULLSHIT...Are you capable of spewing anything other than right wing propaganda?
Thanks for the timeline. It shows that idiot Nagin waited until the day before landfall to order an evacuation. Then, despite the city's evac plan calling for the use of school buses, he lets them sit there and flood.

Further, the left's culture of people being utterly dependent on government means it never occurred to many residents to get out on their own. They expected the government to take care of them.

And the timeline showed that Bush is not a leader. It is EXTREMELY ironic that 40 years before Katrina, LBJ foresaw all the problems we are arguing over and DID something about it. He placed a phone call to Robert Phillips the 1965 version of Michael Brown. LBJ didn't WAIT to see what Phillips would do...

LBJ TOLD Phillips WHAT to do and HOW to do it:

President Lyndon B. Johnson: "we've got to cut out all the red tape. We've got to work around the clock. We've got to ignore hours. We've got to bear in mind that we exist for only one purpose and that's to the greatest good for the greatest number. And the people who've lost their homes, people who have lost their furniture, the people who have lost some of their crops and even their families are not going to be very interested in any individual differences between federal or state or local agencies."

Really, what happened 40 years ago or even 6 years ago has nothing to do with what will happen tomorrow......

We are in a mess, let's get people into Washington who will fix it.

CNN - Red Cross: State rebuffed relief efforts

- Louisiana officials rebuffed American Red Cross requests to enter New Orleans with relief supplies last week because of concerns over logistical difficulties, Red Cross and state officials said

- Colonel Jay Mayeaux appearing at the news conference with Howell, said he had asked the Red Cross to wait 24 hours for conditions to be "set" for the operation.

- Vic Howell, chief executive officer of Louisiana Capital Area Red Cross Chapter sais "We had adequate supplies, the people and the vehicles." "It was the middle of a military rescue operation trying to save lives. We were asked not to go in, and we abided by that recommendation."

- Due to the States request the Red Cross never launched its relief effort in the city.

Bush FAILED miserably, just like he failed on 9/11 when he was told by his Chief of Staff: "America is under attack" and he sat there like a TURD for 10 minutes.

There you go again stupid blind partisan hack saying it is all Bush's fault when clearly local government prevent volunteers & their boats from entering New Orleans. They prevented the Red Cross from entering the city. They did not use the busses to evacuate citizens. Yet you point to Bush. How on earth did bush make DHS prevent all the volunteers from entering the city when you say he was tuned out on vacation. The State was actively preventing rescue.

And the timeline showed that Bush is not a leader.

Why are you blaming Nagin's failure on Bush? Never mind, rhetorical question. It's BDS.

What did you expect Bush to do, wade out to the buses and hot-wire them?

Nagin failed. There is no debate possible on this reality. Blaming Bush for Nagin's failure only serves to make you look irrational.

You're an ignorant piece of shit (not exactly a newsflash to anyone). Hurricanes aren't sudden, freak weather events that no one sees coming, you dimwit. Everyone in the goddamned country with a TV or radio knew Katrina was on its way toward New Orleans WEEKS before it showed up. Anyone with a teaspoon of brains (which clearly wouldn't have included YOU) picked up and left long before it got there. The only ones suffering from lack of government help were the shitforbrains liberal robots (like you) who have been programmed from the crib to sit around and wait for Poppa Government to hold their hands and tell them what to do.

I'd rather be "scum" for expecting people to have the brains and self-preservation God gave a slug than be like you and NOT have the brains and self-preservation God gave a slug.

There were 33,500 people rescued from New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. Mayor Ray Nagin had 255+ buses available outside at just this one bus lot. Many more buses were available inside that huge bus building & at other locations. 255 buses could haul 20,000 people in one trip. He could have evacuated the entire city in a matter of hours but he failed to act.

Bus_yard-rotate.jpg

New Orleans police, Louisiana State police & Louisiana National Guard lost control of the city after the hurricane & prevented thousands of volunteers & hundreds of private boats, helicopters & the Red Cross from entering the city or rescuing trapped citizens. Governor Blanco later acknowledged that she should have called for more troops sooner & that she should have activated a compact with other states that would have allowed her to bypass the requirement to route the request through the National Guard Bureau.

According to the media all the hurricane problems in Florida were always Jeb Bush's fault & all the problems in Louisiana were all George Bush's fault & racist accusations fly.

Last edited:

You're an ignorant piece of shit (not exactly a newsflash to anyone). Hurricanes aren't sudden, freak weather events that no one sees coming, you dimwit. Everyone in the goddamned country with a TV or radio knew Katrina was on its way toward New Orleans WEEKS before it showed up. Anyone with a teaspoon of brains (which clearly wouldn't have included YOU) picked up and left long before it got there. The only ones suffering from lack of government help were the shitforbrains liberal robots (like you) who have been programmed from the crib to sit around and wait for Poppa Government to hold their hands and tell them what to do.

I'd rather be "scum" for expecting people to have the brains and self-preservation God gave a slug than be like you and NOT have the brains and self-preservation God gave a slug.

Hurricanes aren't sudden, but the breach of levees ARE.

Bush Was Told of Levees' Possible Failure
Before Katrina

WASHINGTON — President Bush was warned about Hurricane Katrina's devastating impact on New Orleans' levees before the storm hit, according to transcripts of emergency briefings that Bush received. The transcripts appear to contradict his assertions that no one anticipated the failure of levees that flooded the city.

In a briefing on Aug. 28, the day before Hurricane Katrina struck, then-Federal Emergency Management Agency chief Michael Brown, center, told the president he feared there weren't enough disaster teams to aid New Orleans evacuees at the Superdome.

Transcripts of the briefings, first reported by The Associated Press and also obtained by Knight Ridder, show that Bush was told in stark detail about Katrina's potential deadly impact and that he heard a top hurricane expert express "grave concerns" about the ability of the levees to withstand what turned out to be a catastrophic hurricane.

They also show that Bush asked no questions.

Bush, in post-hurricane comments, insisted that his administration had no warning that the levees were in danger.

"I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees," Bush said on Sept. 1. "They did anticipate a serious storm. But these levees got breached. And, as a result, much of New Orleans is flooded."

The revelation that Bush was warned in advance about Katrina's destructive power is another blow to an administration whose integrity and competence has come under fire for its response to the hurricane.

"It's devastating that the president would ask no questions," said David Gergen, a former adviser to Presidents Nixon, Ford, Reagan and Clinton who's now a professor at Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government. "If he sat there mum in a full briefing ... that will only confirm the suspicions of a lot of opponents."

More

President Lyndon B. Johnson: "we've got to cut out all the red tape. We've got to work around the clock. We've got to ignore hours. We've got to bear in mind that we exist for only one purpose and that's to the greatest good for the greatest number. And the people who've lost their homes, people who have lost their furniture, the people who have lost some of their crops and even their families are not going to be very interested in any individual differences between federal or state or local agencies."

Two Texans...ONE President.

Before Katrina

WASHINGTON — President Bush was warned about Hurricane Katrina's devastating impact on New Orleans' levees before the storm hit, according to transcripts of emergency briefings that Bush received. The transcripts appear to contradict his assertions that no one anticipated the failure of levees that flooded the city.
So why didn't Nagin order an evacuation sooner? You know...do his job?

Before Katrina

So why didn't Nagin order an evacuation sooner? You know...do his job?

KATRINA TIMELINE

Friday, August 26

GOV. KATHLEEN BLANCO DECLARES STATE OF EMERGENCY IN LOUISIANA [Office of the Governor]

GULF COAST STATES REQUEST TROOP ASSISTANCE FROM PENTAGON: At a 9/1 press conference, Lt. Gen. Russel Honor©, commander, Joint Task Force Katrina, said that the Gulf States began the process of requesting additional forces on Friday, 8/26. [DOD]

Saturday, August 27

GOV. HALEY BARBOUR DECLARES STATE OF EMERGENCY IN MISSISSIPPI [Office of the Governor]

5AM CDT — KATRINA UPGRADED TO CATEGORY 3 HURRICANE [CNN]

GOV. BLANCO ASKS BUSH TO DECLARE FEDERAL STATE OF EMERGENCY IN LOUISIANA: “I have determined that this incident is of such severity and magnitude that effective response is beyond the capabilities of the State and affected local governments, and that supplementary Federal assistance is necessary to save lives, protect property, public health, and safety, or to lessen or avert the threat of a disaster.” [Office of the Governor]

FEDERAL EMERGENCY DECLARED, DHS AND FEMA GIVEN FULL AUTHORITY TO RESPOND TO KATRINA: “Specifically, FEMA is authorized to identify, mobilize, and provide at its discretion, equipment and resources necessary to alleviate the impacts of the emergency.” [White House]

Sunday, August 28

2AM CDT — KATRINA UPGRADED TO CATEGORY 4 HURRICANE [CNN]

7AM CDT — KATRINA UPGRADED TO CATEGORY 5 HURRICANE [CNN]

MORNING — LOUISIANA NEWSPAPER SIGNALS LEVEES MAY GIVE: “Forecasters Fear Levees Won’t Hold Katrina”: “Forecasters feared Sunday afternoon that storm driven waters will lap over the New Orleans levees when monster Hurricane Katrina pushes past the Crescent City tomorrow.” [Lafayette Daily Advertiser]

nagin.jpg

9:30 AM CDT — MAYOR NAGIN ISSUES FIRST EVER MANDATORY EVACUATION OF NEW ORLEANS: “We’re facing the storm most of us have feared,” said Nagin. “This is going to be an unprecedented event.” [Times-Picayune]

CNN BREAKING NEWS

New Orleans Mayor, Louisiana Governor Hold Press Conference

Aired August 28, 2005 - 10:00 ET

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

HARRIS: And let's take you to New Orleans now, where the press conference is under way with Mayor Ray Nagin. We'll get the updated information on his city's preparedness for Hurricane Katrina.

MAYOR RAY NAGIN, NEW ORLEANS: ... storm is intensifying, and is still pointed toward New Orleans, and there's not a meteorologist or an expert that I have talked to that says that this storm will not impact New Orleans in a major way.

As a result of that, I am, this morning, declaring that we will be doing a mandatory evacuation. And I'm going to read the evacuation order to the public.

Why did Nagin wait?

Answer: He was incompetent.

Why did Nagin not use the buses available to evacuate NOLA residents, as called for in the city evacuation plan?

Answer: He was incompetent.

Why do you refuse to hold Nagin responsible for his incompetence?

Answer: You're an idiot.

Forum List

Back