Holy shit. Trump likely to be tried twice for the classified documents case: one in federal, and one in Florida Court!

Busy morning.
The indictment-thingy has the nation's attention. And this chatroom venue too.
That's a good thing. We are making headway in resolving this question of did he? or did he not?
That's good.

Now, more specific to the posts I highlight below:

Everyone realizes this is a political prosecution.
Well, no, poster Blaster....that's a bit of reactionary hyperbole.
"Everyone" does not realize that.
In fact, there is a very credible view that 'no man is above the law'.
Also, the view that Trump decided to run, and announce as early as he did.....was merely a defense.
A defense against the possible indictments that he was advised he could be served with.
"Announce a run for President, then claim all rightful criminal investigations......are witch-hunts and politically motivated,
then energize your base of TDS'rs to demonstrate, protest, and maybe be violent like they did on J6."
???
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

another thread dripping with TDS
Yes, the Trump Duped & Snookered are in full wail on this whole indictiment-thingy.
You gotta admit, good poster Skye......there is of a type entertainment value in the whole brouhaha.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are bogus "process crimes"
????
Stealing the American people's secret documents in order to brag to personal friends?
Conspiring with others to take and keep them and use for one's personal motives?
I'm not at all sure good poster MMike quite understands the term 'process crime'.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dem WITCH HUNT alert!
Well, it is very possible there is a witch that needs to be hunted down.
Time will tell, poster Blues. Let the process go its course.
If he is guilty of crimes.....we in America want him held accountable.
If he is not guilty the jury can determine that. Or whatever his degree of guilt is.
That's why we have professional prosecutors.
And professional defense attorneys.
Take heart, poster Blues, now the question goes to a venue where all such questions
will be explored for the defendant and for all of us watchful citizens.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is nothing but continued Dem attempts to prevent Trump from running in 2024.
Well, like in the response above to good poster 'Blaster'....there is a view that Don Trump
announced his run merely to hide from criminal indictments that he was told were likely.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

That’s how they do it in third world dictatorships. That’s where we are heading
We stopped heading awhile ago. We're there now.
I don't mean to be disrespectful towards the good poster 'tahuyaman' and 'Catbreath' but......but I would
speculate that neither has travelled much. Parochial nativist xenophobes? I don't know, but they seem
to indicate that they have had little real world experience and actually spent time in real "third world dictatorships".
Rather, it is a handy tag line to express their criticism of the America they haven't been as happy or as successful in
as their dreams urged them to be.

MichaelAvenattiGotArrested......MAGA
Making Adultery Great Again.
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys.
Mobsters Are Getting Arraigned.
Many Are Getting Arrested.

Yeah, we know, DickDog, MAGA!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But this is pure turning the government into a political weapon.

Another view is.....government doing what we want and expect them to do: Guard and protect our secrets, and hold accountable those officials who do not.
And too, good poster Resnic, the advisory is worn but sound: No Man Is Above The Law.

I’m very saddened and nervous because as a conservative , I do not want anything bad to happen to Trump legally. I don’t know wish him to go to jail. I want him to beat Joe Biden. But it’s not looking pretty folks.
Check this out.
Trump could face both state and federal charges for the same conduct, which would increase his chances of being convicted and sentenced.

It looks like Donald Trump obstructed in Florida, and also in DC.

Here is more on Trump’s double trouble:

Actually, its great publicity and great campaigning.
Thank you evil Dim twits for giving him the boost in the polls!

Busy morning.
The indictment-thingy has the nation's attention. And this chatroom venue too.
That's a good thing. We are making headway in resolving this question of did he? or did he not?
That's good.

Now, more specific to the posts I highlight below:

Well, no, poster Blaster....that's a bit of reactionary hyperbole.
"Everyone" does not realize that.
In fact, there is a very credible view that 'no man is above the law'.
Also, the view that Trump decided to run, and announce as early as he did.....was merely a defense.
A defense against the possible indictments that he was advised he could be served with.
"Announce a run for President, then claim all rightful criminal investigations......are witch-hunts and politically motivated,
then energize your base of TDS'rs to demonstrate, protest, and maybe be violent like they did on J6."
???
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, the Trump Duped & Snookered are in full wail on this whole indictiment-thingy.
You gotta admit, good poster Skye......there is of a type entertainment value in the whole brouhaha.

????
Stealing the American people's secret documents in order to brag to personal friends?
Conspiring with others to take and keep them and use for one's personal motives?
I'm not at all sure good poster MMike quite understands the term 'process crime'.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it is very possible there is a witch that needs to be hunted down.
Time will tell, poster Blues. Let the process go its course.

If he is guilty of crimes.....we in America want him held accountable.
If he is not guilty the jury can determine that. Or whatever his degree of guilt is.
That's why we have professional prosecutors.
And professional defense attorneys.
Take heart, poster Blues, now the question goes to a venue where all such questions
will be explored for the defendant and for all of us watchful citizens.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, like in the response above to good poster 'Blaster'....there is a view that Don Trump
announced his run merely to hide from criminal indictments that he was told were likely.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't mean to be disrespectful towards the good poster 'tahuyaman' and 'Catbreath' but......but I would
speculate that neither has travelled much. Parochial nativist xenophobes? I don't know, but they seem
to indicate that they have had little real world experience and actually spent time in real "third world dictatorships".
Rather, it is a handy tag line to express their criticism of the America they haven't been as happy or as successful in
as their dreams urged them to be.

Making Adultery Great Again.
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys.
Mobsters Are Getting Arraigned.
Many Are Getting Arrested.

Yeah, we know, DickDog, MAGA!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another view is.....government doing what we want and expect them to do: Guard and protect our secrets, and hold accountable those officials who do not.
And too, good poster Resnic, the advisory is worn but sound: No Man Is Above The Law.
No disrespect intended, but you are not the sharpest tool in the shed

Unoriginal. Means nothing. This really happened-

Michael
Avenatti
Got
Arrested

Remember?

MAGA

Cool.

Way to keep empty little leftist minds occupied and not thinking about what the DNC doesn't want you to think about.

You seem to have it backwards. Republicans are investigating the Biden family and coming up with no evidence world Trump keeps getting indicted on the EVIDENCE.

No, it's the prosecution of a criminal president... just like with Nixon.

Your side impeached Clinton for lying about getting a blow job, you really don't have a leg to stand on here.

Republicans impeached Clinton for lying to congress. That is a crime. It doesn't matter what it was about. There is no "It's ok to lie to congress if it's about a blowjob" exclusion.

We just proved he was a slimeball.

Republicans impeached Clinton for lying to congress. That is a crime. It doesn't matter what it was about. There is no "It's ok to lie to congress if it's about a blowjob" exclusion.

We just proved he was a slimeball.
Being a slimeball wasn't a crime.
He didn't lie to Congress, he lied to a court. Maybe.
Because a lot of guys don't consider a blow job to be sex. I personally don't. If all I get is the blow job, I feel kind of cheated.

Most courts wouldn't have cared, because it's assumed everyone lies on the stand. That's why you have juries, to figure out who is telling the truth.

In this case, the judge ruled the issue had no relevence, and that the case was dismissed because Clinton wasn't Jones' boss and couldn't have harassed her anyway.

Trump could face both state and federal charges for the same conduct, which would increase his chances of being convicted and sentenced.

No. That's not how it works, and that's not what the TV talking head was trying to say. He's suggesting charges could be filed in federal courts in both DC and Florida, on the premise that some of the conduct happened in DC and therefore that would be the appropriate venue for that particular portion of the conduct.

But no, that's pretty silly. Imagine that someone kidnaps you in Maine. They then put you in the trunk of a car and drive clear down to Florida, then, up to Tennessee, down to Texas from there, over to Colorado, up to Montana, then head clear over to Wisconsin before finally getting caught. That would cover all 9 circuits of the US judiciary, and probably about three dozen districts. Do you really think it would be necessary to charge your kidnapper in 36 different courts to cover just that sliver of the crime that took place in said district?

He's just throwing red meat to the audience who are still salivating over all this.

Forum List

Back