HOLY MOTHER OF MERCY: U.S. Military: Al-Qaeda Rebels Produced Sarin Gas For Chemical

An Assad commander went rogue and used sarin in arty shells. Of course al-Qaida has sarin too. Zarqawi was manufacturing it in eastern Iraq ten years agao with Saddam's blessings. The US has no obligation to produce further evidence who used it. By doing so, we give away our intel gathering methods. There's enough anectodal evidence where the attack came from and intercepts clearly show there was an unauthorized use of that shit. Assad has no alternative to give up his stockpile, some of which came from Saddam's stash.

Instead of making the same blunder we made in Iraq, we should just admit our intelligence was wrong, since no one knows, for sure.

It's sort of a moot point now after Putin trapped Kerry. Chemical weapon use was going to be the reason for Obama to unleash the cruise missiles but since the Russian proposal was agreed to Obama will have to find a new reason to initiate military strikes on Syria. The gas is only an issue because it makes the real goal of regime change a more dangerous one. Thousands of civilians have been killed since Obama was elected and he didn't lift a finger.

If neither side uses CW again, IMHO we could achieve the "objective" by continuing to hand candy to the rebels.

Seemed pretty directed at me since you continued with it using my quote as cannon-fodder. I believe you took me for a believer in this charade to get Barry off the hook he bit with his "red line" jive. I am saddened by the process that got this fool into the White House and I fear our once great nation has completely lost her way.

I used your quote because that's where the error was. I didn't "take" you to be anything.
I'm glad that you recognize Obama as a fraud.

Which "error" would that be? Some officer in his army claiming they would use chemical weapons? First off you don't know if the quote was accurate. You don't know if the officer in question was privvy to the content and location of chemical weapons. And last, you don't know this is a tactic often used in the arab world to exaggerate one side's ability to defeat the other. You claimed "Syria admitted to having chemical weapons"....who the hell is "Syria"? The quote was never attributed to Assad who continued to evade the question outright up until last week. If you want to split hairs on this go ahead....I'm bored shitless with it.

Apparently not----you dragged it up from two days ago. The claim and threat weren't made by a military officer. Did you even read the article ?

“Any stock of W.M.D. or unconventional weapons that the Syrian Army possesses will never, never be used against the Syrian people or civilians during this crisis, under any circumstances,” a Foreign Ministry spokesman, Jihad Makdissi, said at a news conference shown live on Syrian state television, using the initials for weapons of mass destruction. “These weapons are made to be used strictly and only in the event of external aggression against the Syrian Arab Republic.”

I used your quote because that's where the error was. I didn't "take" you to be anything.
I'm glad that you recognize Obama as a fraud.

Which "error" would that be? Some officer in his army claiming they would use chemical weapons? First off you don't know if the quote was accurate. You don't know if the officer in question was privvy to the content and location of chemical weapons. And last, you don't know this is a tactic often used in the arab world to exaggerate one side's ability to defeat the other. You claimed "Syria admitted to having chemical weapons"....who the hell is "Syria"? The quote was never attributed to Assad who continued to evade the question outright up until last week. If you want to split hairs on this go ahead....I'm bored shitless with it.

Apparently not----you dragged it up from two days ago. The claim and threat weren't made by a military officer. Did you even read the article ?

“Any stock of W.M.D. or unconventional weapons that the Syrian Army possesses will never, never be used against the Syrian people or civilians during this crisis, under any circumstances,” a Foreign Ministry spokesman, Jihad Makdissi, said at a news conference shown live on Syrian state television, using the initials for weapons of mass destruction. “These weapons are made to be used strictly and only in the event of external aggression against the Syrian Arab Republic.”

Jesus man......now you're really getting anal about this......his FOREIGN MINISTRY spokesman isn't fucking Assad....how many more times? I simply would not let you indict my judgement (which is clearly superior to yours) by having the last word two days ago. Being unable to link even my own statements left the impression I had conceded the point you tried to make, which was a ridiculous misstatement of what I had said. You jumped at the chance to label me a liberal instead of defending your position on it's merits.

An Assad commander went rogue and used sarin in arty shells. Of course al-Qaida has sarin too. Zarqawi was manufacturing it in eastern Iraq ten years agao with Saddam's blessings. The US has no obligation to produce further evidence who used it. By doing so, we give away our intel gathering methods. There's enough anectodal evidence where the attack came from and intercepts clearly show there was an unauthorized use of that shit. Assad has no alternative to give up his stockpile, some of which came from Saddam's stash.

Instead of making the same blunder we made in Iraq, we should just admit our intelligence was wrong, since no one knows, for sure.

The "blunder" in Iraq may well have saved a major harbor in the US from a WMD attack from Saddam's henchmen. We'll never know what he may have had planned for us after we evicted him from Kuwait.

Jesus man......now you're really getting anal about this......his FOREIGN MINISTRY spokesman isn't fucking Assad....how many more times? I simply would not let you indict my judgement (which is clearly superior to yours) by having the last word two days ago. Being unable to link even my own statements left the impression I had conceded the point you tried to make, which was a ridiculous misstatement of what I had said. You jumped at the chance to label me a liberal instead of defending your position on it's merits.

oh please Mr. Superior------if you think there was some change that Obama or Kerry gets credit for regarding chemical weapons you go for it. I never labeled you a liberal.

oh please Mr. Superior------if you think there was some change that Obama or Kerry gets credit for regarding chemical weapons you go for it. I never labeled you a liberal.

Of course credit should be given for threatening a missle strike on Syrian air and artillery positions....that's obvious. Do I believe the threat was credible? Maybe maybe not....that's not the point...Assad did. Notice I didn't refer to Assad as "Syria". So if your question is did Obama incite Putin to intercede the answer is yes and the strike you've stidently opposed has been stalled or possibly prevented. Credit where credit is due, man.

Where is the video they claim to have?
Classified info is not just given to one media outlet alone for no reason, they can't release the specifics of the so called classified document with even a picture.
World Nut Daily has in the past used this tactic to further their agenda.
Where is this document?
Where is the video?
Where is the truth ?

Now, a former analyst for the Central Intelligence Agency, Ray McGovern, similarly backs the claim that the Syrian rebels perpetrated the poison gas attack on Aug. 21

Where is his statements in quotation marks?
Why is there no interview or documentation of his supposed testimony?

I went the site of Ray McGovern
'CIA fabricated evidence to lure US into war with Syria' ? RT Op-Edge
He too mimics the same as does WND and yet offers no proof of his assertions. Only speculation, hearsay and conjecture. From a story released 3 days ago.

funny that you never requested any proof of obama's claims.

Of course credit should be given for threatening a missle strike on Syrian air and artillery positions....that's obvious. Do I believe the threat was credible? Maybe maybe not....that's not the point...Assad did. Notice I didn't refer to Assad as "Syria". So if your question is did Obama incite Putin to intercede the answer is yes and the strike you've stidently opposed has been stalled or possibly prevented. Credit where credit is due, man.

Is a missile strike a by the United States a credible threat ? Of course it is. We've done it before and have the ability to do it again. Did it force the Syrian regime to admit to having chemical weapons ? No---they already admitted it which really makes know difference anyway. Everyone in the world already knew it.

My question wasn't regarding Obama inciting Putin to intercede but nice try. And you forgot to link up where I labeled you a liberal.

Is a missile strike a by the United States a credible threat ? Of course it is. We've done it before and have the ability to do it again. Did it force the Syrian regime to admit to having chemical weapons ? No---they already admitted it which really makes know difference anyway. Everyone in the world already knew it.

My question wasn't regarding Obama inciting Putin to intercede but nice try. And you forgot to link up where I labeled you a liberal.

Once again you're arguing a point about missle-strikes that's too obvious for me to bother with and I don't have to link your exchange with "tiny dancer".....just reverse a couple pages and see it for yourself. Again, this is now tedious and boring so go ahead and have the last word....and a cookie. :lol:

Once again you're arguing a point about missle-strikes that's too obvious for me to bother with and I don't have to link your exchange with "tiny dancer".....just reverse a couple pages and see it for yourself. Again, this is now tedious and boring so go ahead and have the last word....and a cookie. :lol:

Backing down now would be a wise choice.. I'd advise you to not start a confrontation that you don't have time to bother with.

In the same vein I was thinking that Assad's use of chemical weapons may have inadvertently protected him from any missile attack. Any missile attack now would be viewed as going against an agreement we have with Syria and Russia. Obama would have to come up with another reason for attacking. The humanitarian reason is shot all to hell.

Backing down now would be a wise choice.. I'd advise you to not start a confrontation that you don't have time to bother with.

In the same vein I was thinking that Assad's use of chemical weapons may have inadvertently protected him from any missile attack. Any missile attack now would be viewed as going against an agreement we have with Syria and Russia. Obama would have to come up with another reason for attacking. The humanitarian reason is shot all to hell.

PERFECT....now you're claiming victory in a "confrontation" in which you were arguing with yourself (or the crazy aunt in the attic) and using my statement as a reach-around. Now I'll finally leave you to your closing statement but would caution you that the jury has already been dismissed. :eusa_angel:

PERFECT....now you're claiming victory in a "confrontation" in which you were arguing with yourself (or the crazy aunt in the attic) and using my statement as a reach-around. Now I'll finally leave you to your closing statement but would caution you that the jury has already been dismissed. :eusa_angel:

Never claimed victory...never labeled you a liberal...never used an ad hominem.
I see that you actually DO have time and the inclination to continue the discussion.
try using the truth.

Try not to leap before you look.

What part of "it's already been confirmed by UN Inspectors that rebels have used sarin gas" don't you understand?

The part that is a total lie.

UN inspectors have not confirmed any such thing.

Does it matter anymore ? This was never really about any gas attack from the start. We trust that Assad won't use them again and will be verifying this as the long tedious job progresses from for months and probably years.

What part of "it's already been confirmed by UN Inspectors that rebels have used sarin gas" don't you understand?

Does it matter anymore ? This was never really about any gas attack from the start. We trust that Assad won't use them again and will be verifying this as the long tedious job progresses from for months and probably years.

The lie is just another lie on a mountain of lies used to create phony scandals.

The lie is just another lie on a mountain of lies used to create phony scandals.

Which lie ? The one about attacking Assad because it had to be done and he had crossed the world's red line ?

Which lie ? The one about attacking Assad because it had to be done and he had crossed the world's red line ?

The lie which says UN inspectors confirmed Syrian rebels used sarin earlier this year.

The lie which says UN inspectors confirmed Syrian rebels used sarin earlier this year.

UN Official: Syrian Rebels Used Sarin Nerve Gas, Not Assad?s Army | Deus Nexus

agreed---that was just a UN official---NOT UN inspectors

Forum List

Back