holy disappearing threads, batman

Discussion in 'Announcements and Feedback' started by catzmeow, Jun 20, 2012.

1. catzmeow

catzmeow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,974
    Dear Mods:

Is it possible to get some information on why a large number of threads have suddenly been redirected out of the flame zone to regions unknown, and why those moves are occurring?

Further, is it too much to ask to get a redirect up in dat bitch when y'all relocate threads out of the flame zone for reasons I'm still not entirely clear on?

This appears to be primarily a flame zone issue, but it's disruptive to discussion everywhere in the forum to move threads without a redirect or warning. This also appears to be a new strategy that has been put into place without providing the users with some guidelines on content requirements in each section of the forum that need to be followed to avoid having threads moved.

Further, the last I heard tell, there weren't any posting guideliness for the flame zone, other than hang on, put on your big girl panties, and pack tissues and Preparation H for your trip. It has been a wild wild west anarchist zone--aside from the no families rule--and thus, these moves are a little disconcerting, particularly when it appears that they are now occurring on a regular basis with no rhyme or reason.

We aren't mind readers, so if you wish us to post differently, you've gots to give us some guidance.

Thanks for your response (in advance) and your ongoing work to keep this forum a wonderful playground for the bored and intellectually challenged.

Many regards,

Catz

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  2. BDBoop

BDBoop BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,006
    Interesting.

Can I still find my own threads in 'statistics'? Or do they disappear from there as well.

And why is this song suddenly playing in my head.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6V_44ibou8]Gotye - Don't Worry, We'll Be Watching You - official animation - YouTube[/ame]

3. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    enjoy having your words altered ?

4. catzmeow

catzmeow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,974
  5. Meister

Meister Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,102
    You need to be more specific in which threads you're talking about, Cat.
    Giving a generic answer to your question because I just don't any details to which you're talking about, I will give you this. There are good threads when started and debated then posters take it to a personal level and get away from the topic of the thread and becomes a big flame session. Those threads will end up in the flame zone.
    Threads that have been trashed could be for various reasons, usually has to do with breaking rules repeatedly. Threads that are usually trashed will not get a redirect, because you can't go through the trash
    If you could be more specific with the threads you're referring to I will research and give you a more specific answer.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  6. BDBoop

BDBoop BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,006
    The threads in question are being removed FROM the FZ, never to be heard from again.

7. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    okay since my name is mentioned here......hey meister....i swear i am trying to behave..but it just eludes me...

i was bitching about a thread being moved to poke fun at trajan....simple as that....its a short story but basically willow was bitching that the thread should have been somewhere else.....trajan moved it....simple as that...

my thread on what are mod qualifications was simple question but i was mocking two mods....

oddball and alan1....in that order...does that clear up the gossip that has been going around???

well does it?

my bitchin in the flame zone should never be brought out of the flame zone...simple as that...

sorry meister...for all the indirect trouble....

yes a thead i did was closed....i was notified it was closed and why it was closed...and who to talk to about it....

8. catzmeow

catzmeow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,974
    SB made a reference to several of her threads being moved recently to other regions of the forum. See post here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/229301-rocky-mountain-spotted-fever.html

I went ahead and PMed her to ask her to respond here.

However, I will acknowledge that I'm feeling a bit sheepish because I saw that several threads that resulted in banning/infractions were trashed, and thought they'd been moved, as well. So, baaad on me.

(Del-icious set me straight on that by PM. He continues to be an asset to USMB, even in his less kind, less gentle current format.)

However, just seeking guidance. Are threads on generic topics still allowed in the flame zone, even if they aren't flames?

Hopefully curiosity won't kill this catz.

thanks.

9. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    my opinion:

admins are looking to close the flame zone...simple as that.....

10. BDBoop

BDBoop BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,006
    Yes. I would be interested in knowing if it's okay to start "bash them as members, not as mods" threads as well. After all, that's the hat they are wearing when they start shit.