Holy Crap!!!!!!

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
capt.cajme10205111903.gas_prices_cajme102.jpg

That's not funny.

I have 2 trucks and a motorhome.

The trucks get 8mpg each and the motorhome 12-15.

:p:

That looks about right for cali, thje average in san jose(where i live) is like $2.20 for unleaded...most expensive i saw was when i went to the legion of honor museum in san francisco was $2.39 unleaded.

This is freaking crazy. Gas jumped like $.20 in a week over the whole country. I wish Bush would just take the oil from Iraq as Democrats said he has. Then we wouldnt have these ridiculous gas prices.

Originally posted by NewGuy
That's not funny.

I have 2 trucks and a motorhome.

The trucks get 8mpg each and the motorhome 12-15.

:p:

One word: Why?

I have just a mini-car for transportation and I often walk in order to save gasoline money.

Don't feel so bad! I was paying $1.67 for quite some time, today I pass the station and see $1.93 - yes, Holy Crap is right! I sure as hell wouldn't want to be paying over $3 for gas, but somehow I have a feeling we all will be paying this soon!

Originally posted by mattskramer
One word: Why?

I have just a mini-car for transportation and I often walk in order to save gasoline money.

I was going to ask the same thing.
I repsect your right to own whatever car you want, but some of us even walk to work:rolleyes:

Originally posted by janeeng
Don't feel so bad! I was paying $1.67 for quite some time, today I pass the station and see $1.93 - yes, Holy Crap is right! I sure as hell wouldn't want to be paying over $3 for gas, but somehow I have a feeling we all will be paying this soon!

Think it went up to about $1.89 here today.
Not so big a deal though, they've been payin 5 bucks in Europe for years. I do miss the days of 99 cent gas, though. 7 years or so ago.

I work for a newspaper and drive all the time for work. I'm getting ready to demand a raise in mileage rate to compensate for gas prices. It's $1.89 here and climbing.

Europe has a well-developed public transportation system and does not have the suburban system we do, so they need cars much less than we do. Our entire society, for the last 50 or 60 years anyway, has been built around the automobile.

acludem

yeah that really sucks for me! i drive a hell of a lot of miles a day. i think were up to 1.89 or something like that now. SUV's are a gas sponge. and before anyone says something about the milage i drive adn the fact that i drive a SUV, its only because i cant fit a 24 foot extension ladder and 5 satalite dishes, and about 2000.00 in tools in Jmaries cavalier

Originally posted by Johnney
yeah that really sucks for me! i drive a hell of a lot of miles a day. i think were up to 1.89 or something like that now. SUV's are a gas sponge. and before anyone says something about the milage i drive adn the fact that i drive a SUV, its only because i cant fit a 24 foot extension ladder and 5 satalite dishes, and about 2000.00 in tools in Jmaries cavalier

Im talking 1.97 from 1.73 in a week for REGULAR!!

Originally posted by insein
Im talking 1.97 from 1.73 in a week for REGULAR!!
thats what it did here. well it went from 1.75 or 79 to .89 from when i filled up inthe morning til about noonish 1pm. thats only about7 hours

time to cut some taxes. its almost two dollars outside philly here. ive never seen it this high. i remember as a kid going out with my grandma and buying it for less than a dollar

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Well damn you must be a terrorist!:D

Better buy a bicycle NewGuy!

What?

It is MY DEMAND that keeps the prices as low as they are for you other guys! :D

In reality, the reason I have cruddy gas mileage is the power.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

The tax breaks make up for it though. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Taxes aren't really the issue. It's time to find alternatives to fossil fuel. It's time to stop buying massive gas guzzling SUVs when a smaller, fuel efficient car will do, and yes this includes John Kerry. It's time to start working on lowering our dependence on oil and gas. Sure lowering taxes may save us a few cents at the pump for awhile, but you know that the oil companies will simply raise prices and pocket the profits.

acludem

Originally posted by insein
This is freaking crazy. Gas jumped like $.20 in a week over the whole country. I wish Bush would just take the oil from Iraq as Democrats said he has. Then we wouldnt have these ridiculous gas prices.

EXACTLY! And that's what I've been saying for quite some time also. TAKE the damn GAS! There's more there then we could burn up in the next 100 years if we ALL drove SUV's.

If that's the only way they can pay us back for kicking Saddam's ass out, then good. Take it.

If the shoe fits...........the war was so we can steal their oil, let's take it:p:

It's going to probably get much worse. I doubt we'll ever see gas down around a dollar a gallon again. I've even heard $80 a barrel in the next few years (we're around $40 now)

It sucks

Forum List

Back