Holy Cohiba! Obama lifts ban on Cuban cigars and rum

[

That still doesn't justify unfunded appropriation of legally owned property. If Cuba wants to play nice the commie upperclass has to give back what it took.

But was it? If you definition of 'legally' owned property means acquiring it because your mates with the dictator.

If the property was illegally taken then, and there is evidence, then it goes back even further once Castro kicks it and the Commies are rooted out of power.

Sounds like obie wants to start smoking Cuban cigars and drinking Cuban rum.

I agree but I see nothing wrong with doing this.

From what I understand Cuban cigars are some of the best in the world and their rum?? Well lets just say its damned tasty. LOL
Never had much rum at all, might have to check it out.

I'm not much of a drinker but I have had Cuban rum and its pretty darned good. You need to try it.

If the property was illegally taken then, and there is evidence, then it goes back even further once Castro kicks it and the Commies are rooted out of power.

Sure. Let's go back further than that though...why not back to originally owned it....before Fascist Batista and his cronies came to power. We can all play that game until the cows come home...

Obama lifts restrictions on Cuban rum, cigars

The Obama administration announced Friday a new round of executive actions designed to increase trade and travel with the communist island. And this is the one many Americans have been waiting for — no more restrictions on the island's famed rum and cigars.

Under the new rules, travelers can purchase unlimited quantities of Cuban rum and cigars in any country where they are sold so long as they are for personal consumption.

The cuban cigar myth is based on their unavailability.
There are plenty of cigars that are far better,don't fall for the hype.

The Padron Family Reserve 1964 is a fine example.

Maybe so, we shall see

But Cuban cigars have been available in Canada and Europe for decades and they are still highly desirable

Further illustrating the idiocy of the US ‘embargo.’

The US policy of subjecting the Cuban economy to restrictions in an effort to ‘force out’ Castro not only failed, but it likely helped stay Castro in power.

It was a ridiculous policy destined to failure when first implemented, and 50 years later we know for a fact it was a failed policy.

The president’s lifting of these failed, pointless ‘restrictions’ was appropriate, warranted, and long overdue.

Some things never change, and it's better they don't.

The Obama administration announced Friday a new round of executive actions designed to increase trade and travel with the communist island. And this is the one many Americans have been waiting for — no more restrictions on the island's famed rum and cigars.

Under the new rules, travelers can purchase unlimited quantities of Cuban rum and cigars in any country where they are sold so long as they are for personal consumption.

Thank you President Obama for making this possible.

Those buttfucking repubs never would have allowed us the freedom to travel to places like Cuba. Ever.

Those buttfucking repubs never would have allowed us the freedom to travel to places like Cuba. Ever.

It took guts to tell the Florida Cuban expat crowd to get on with their lives

It took guts to tell the Florida Cuban expat crowd to get on with their lives

Repubs kept stoking their rage.

Finally get to visit Nirvana huh?

I'm not familiar with that travel destination. What country is that place in.

I think it is a titty bar in Tampa

Funny....Butweasels version of international travel is a titty bar down the street with a Mexican topless dancer.

Funny....Butweasels version of international travel is a titty bar down the street with a Mexican topless dancer.
You don't like Mexicans?

She has the strangest tattoo.....you should see what she can make it do

You don't like Mexicans?
Why do you ask a silly question like that?

Sure. Let's go back further than that though...why not back to originally owned it....before Fascist Batista and his cronies came to power. We can all play that game until the cows come home...

Actually you can only play it until there is a defined system of ownership that is documented, with surviving documents.

[

Actually you can only play it until there is a defined system of ownership that is documented, with surviving documents.

I'm guessing those documents don't exist any more. Castro probably got rid of them. IF they existed in the first place

Then they wouldn't have much of a case then, right?

Documents are far more resilient than one thinks. Some of the exiles probably grabbed some records when they fled.

Then they wouldn't have much of a case then, right?
Documents are far more resilient than one thinks. Some of the exiles probably grabbed some records when they fled.

Possibly. But a lot didn't. If you're gonna cosy up to dictators and it all turns to shit, tough titties.

Documented ownership is documented ownership. Return of property continues in Eastern Europe, and soon it may be Cuba's turn.

Forum List

Back