Holy Cohiba! Obama lifts ban on Cuban cigars and rum

Obama lifts restrictions on Cuban rum, cigars

The Obama administration announced Friday a new round of executive actions designed to increase trade and travel with the communist island. And this is the one many Americans have been waiting for — no more restrictions on the island's famed rum and cigars.

Under the new rules, travelers can purchase unlimited quantities of Cuban rum and cigars in any country where they are sold so long as they are for personal consumption.

Are they slapping an excise tax on the items to compensate the people who lost $$ when Castro stole their businesses and land?
Oh, you mean reparations?

Did we pay reparations to the British after the Revolution?

I would also ask did we pay reparations to all the Japanese who lost their homes, assets and businesses when they were put in internment camps during WW II.

They did manage to get an apology but it came 50 years later when Clinton acknowledged the theft and apologized.

Did those Japanese people get their homes, assets and business back?

NO.

But republicans want Cuba to give back all those assets?

Get real.

The Obama administration announced Friday a new round of executive actions designed to increase trade and travel with the communist island. And this is the one many Americans have been waiting for — no more restrictions on the island's famed rum and cigars.

Under the new rules, travelers can purchase unlimited quantities of Cuban rum and cigars in any country where they are sold so long as they are for personal consumption.

Are they slapping an excise tax on the items to compensate the people who lost $$ when Castro stole their businesses and land?

I would also ask did we pay reparations to all the Japanese who lost their homes, assets and businesses when they were put in internment camps during WW II.

They did manage to get an apology but it came 50 years later when Clinton acknowledged the theft and apologized.

NO.

Get real.

Good point. Those people should have gotten their stuff back. I suggest you take it up with the Democratic president who was in charge at the time.

NO.

Get real.

Good point. Those people should have gotten their stuff back. I suggest you take it up with the Democratic president who was in charge at the time.

In case you didn't know FDR is dead.

Get real here. Those assets aren't going to be returned. They lost them in the revolution and they're not going to get it back.

You can rant all you want but what you rant about doesn't matter to anyone. The leaders in Cuba don't know you exist and if they read your posts, they would laugh at you.

You're not dealing in reality.

NO.

Get real.

In case you didn't know FDR is dead.

Get real here. Those assets aren't going to be returned. They lost them in the revolution and they're not going to get it back.

You can rant all you want but what you rant about doesn't matter to anyone. The leaders in Cuba don't know you exist and if they read your posts, they would laugh at you.

You're not dealing in reality.

Plenty of Eastern Europeans got at least some of their shit back. I know one personally.

And you equating me voicing my opinion on a message board with some attempt to impact policy (or the idea that my posting may actually impact policy) shows what a fucking hack you are.

Forum List

Back