Hollywood Obituaries

Aside from the "Quiet Man" I can't remember a single other "O'Hara" movie. She never had the ability to rise above the "Irish feisty babe" roles.

Getting spanked by John Wayne was the pinnacle of her career.

Seriously? Maureen O'Hara had a lengthy career in quiet a few wonderful movies including:
- Hunchback of Notre Dame, with Charles Laughton
- The Parent Trap (I love this one!)
- How Green Was My Valley
- The Black Swan
- Miracle on 34th Street

Aside from the "Quiet Man" I can't remember a single other "O'Hara" movie. She never had the ability to rise above the "Irish feisty babe" roles.

Getting spanked by John Wayne was the pinnacle of her career.

Seriously? Maureen O'Hara had a lengthy career in quiet a few wonderful movies including:
- Hunchback of Notre Dame, with Charles Laughton
- The Parent Trap (I love this one!)
- How Green Was My Valley
- The Black Swan
- Miracle on 34th Street

:tomato:

I'm sorry to hear this. She was so pretty and I really liked her late 60s TV show, RIP Peggy.

FyTbK3x.jpg

Golden Screen Era Actress Maureen O'Hara passes on...

Maureen O’Hara, Actress of Hollywood’s Golden Age, Dies at 95
24 Oct.`15 - The actress was known for her fiery red hair and her performances in The Quiet Man and Miracle on 34th Street.
I guess everybody was in love with Maureen O’Hara,” Clint Eastwood said of Maureen O’Hara at the 2014 Governors Awards. An Irish-born actress and one of Hollywood’s biggest stars in the 1940s and 50s, Maureen O’Hara passed away today at the age of 95, per a statement from her family. “Maureen was our loving mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and friend,” the statement read. “She passed peacefully surrounded by her loving family as they celebrated her life listening to music from her favorite movie, The Quiet Man.”

maureen-ohara-honorary-oscar.jpg

by 20th Century-Fox/Getty Images.​

The Dublin-born O’Hara first broke into motion pictures in 1939, with roles in Alfred Hitchcock’s Jamaica Inn and as Esmerelda, opposite Charles Laughton’s Quasimodo, in The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Over her celebrated career, O’Hara worked with the greats of her time, including John Ford (most notably on the 1941 Best Picture winner How Green Was My Valley) and John Wayne, with whom she made five films, including 1952’s The Quiet Man. She is, perhaps, most widely remembered for her roles in two family films, The Parent Trap and Miracle on 34th Street.

O’Hara’s last film performance was in 1991, in director Chris Columbus’ Only the Lonely, where she played John Candy’s overbearing Irish mother. Last November, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences presented an honorary Oscar to Maureen O’Hara for her long and memorable career. Presenter Liam Neeson said of O’Hara, “For anyone anywhere around the world who loves movies, she is more than simply an Irish movie star, she is one of the true legends of cinema. A woman whose skill and range of talent is unsurpassed.”

Couldn't really care less.

These people are no more important than my neighbors grandfather who died a humble man. Fuck those narcissists

24 Oct.`15 - The actress was known for her fiery red hair and her performances in The Quiet Man and Miracle on 34th Street.
I guess everybody was in love with Maureen O’Hara,” Clint Eastwood said of Maureen O’Hara at the 2014 Governors Awards. An Irish-born actress and one of Hollywood’s biggest stars in the 1940s and 50s, Maureen O’Hara passed away today at the age of 95, per a statement from her family. “Maureen was our loving mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and friend,” the statement read. “She passed peacefully surrounded by her loving family as they celebrated her life listening to music from her favorite movie, The Quiet Man.”

The Dublin-born O’Hara first broke into motion pictures in 1939, with roles in Alfred Hitchcock’s Jamaica Inn and as Esmerelda, opposite Charles Laughton’s Quasimodo, in The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Over her celebrated career, O’Hara worked with the greats of her time, including John Ford (most notably on the 1941 Best Picture winner How Green Was My Valley) and John Wayne, with whom she made five films, including 1952’s The Quiet Man. She is, perhaps, most widely remembered for her roles in two family films, The Parent Trap and Miracle on 34th Street.

O’Hara’s last film performance was in 1991, in director Chris Columbus’ Only the Lonely, where she played John Candy’s overbearing Irish mother. Last November, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences presented an honorary Oscar to Maureen O’Hara for her long and memorable career. Presenter Liam Neeson said of O’Hara, “For anyone anywhere around the world who loves movies, she is more than simply an Irish movie star, she is one of the true legends of cinema. A woman whose skill and range of talent is unsurpassed.”

These people are no more important than my neighbors grandfather who died a humble man. Fuck those narcissists
What show was he on?

What show was he on?
The one show about a talking Ford Edsel..

Italian film director Franco Zeffirelli dies at 96
Zeffirelli initially studied architecture at the University of Florence, but his education was interrupted by the outbreak of World War II. During the conflict, he fought for Communist partisan forces against Mussolini's Fascists and the occupying Nazis.

After being captured by Fascists, he was saved from execution when his interrogator turned out to be a half brother whom he'd never known. His half brother arranged for his release.

When the war was over, he continued his studies but said he became inspired to pursue a career in theatre after seeing Laurence Olivier's Henry V (1944).

In 1945, he started work as a set designer at Florence's Teatro della Pergola, and concentrated on theatre throughout the 1950s and 1960s.

At the Pope's request, in 1970 Zeffirelli staged "Missa solemnis" in honour of the 200th anniversary of Beethoven's birth.

His first film was a Shakespeare adaptation, The Taming of the Shrew. While initially intended to star two Italian actors, it was heavily funded by Hollywood couple Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor, who eventually assumed the two leading roles.

Another notable adaptation of the bard's plays would come in 1990s Hamlet – starring Mel Gibson in the title role, with Glenn Close and Helena Bonham Carter among the supporting cast.
Italian film director Franco Zeffirelli dies at 96

Aaron Eisenberg, the actor who played the Ferengi known as "Nog" on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, passed away at the age of 50 yesterday. Born with just one kidney that did not operate at full capacity, Eisenberg struggled with organ failure throughout his life and received two transplants, one at age 17 (he was on dialysis as a teenager) and one at age 46.

The news of his death was confirmed by his wife, Malíssa Longo, on Facebook. Earlier in the day, she had tweeted that Aaron was in the hospital in critical condition.
Aaron Eisenberg, who played Nog on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, dies at age 50

Nog was an awesome character.

Forum List

Back