Madam Secretary on CBS

Discussion in 'TV Forum' started by longknife, Oct 26, 2015.

1. longknife

longknife Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,030
    I started watching this series with great interest and found it worthwhile. An ex-CIA analyst with a husband and three kids talked into becoming Secretary of State by her old boss who is now POTUS. Seemed interesting.

Until.

We suddenly find her to be a dyed-in-the-wood hero for the poor and downtrodden who doesn't hesitate going into harm's way to save the world's freedoms and American citizens. Who wins through in spite of a domineering, tyrant like WH chief of staff who tries to tell her how to do her job. With guest appearances by a former Clinton Sec of State.

Whoa there!

It suddenly dawned on me that this is nothing but a poorly disguised campaign poster for the Hildabeast! To show the world what a deering-do, active leader she was and is. How many viewers are being sucked in by this?

I'll continue to watch – On Demand because Stargate SG-1 is on and I can't DVR or save it for later.

2. AceRothstein

AceRothstein Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,550
    It looks like another shitty network TV show to me. Probably better than Supergirl though.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. CremeBrulee

CremeBrulee Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,722
    It always looked a bit cheesy to me. I am sure there are similarities. Many shows use current events to progress story lines, especially network television. I doubt the writers are trying to think up ways to get Secretary Clinton elected with the show. It's just entertainment. I might try out a few episodes though to compare with your analysis.

4. longknife

longknife Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,030