Hollywood And Hitler

Coca Cola, Chase, IBM, Kodak, and Standard Oil for starters sided with the Nazis before and at times during the war. With the big corporations, patriotism often took a back seat to profits.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:
The Standard Oil group of companies, in which the Rockefeller family owned a one-quarter (and controlling) interest, was of critical importance in helping Nazi Germany prepare for World War II.

CHAPTER FOUR: Standard Oil Fuels World War II

Of course, you also completely miss that this partnership between I.G. Farben and Standard Oil was founded in 1929. At this time The NAZI party was a minority party, with less then 3% of the popular vote, and less then 1 million votes in the latest election.

How about a little integrity and accuracy here, eh?

The Standard Oil group of companies, in which the Rockefeller family owned a one-quarter (and controlling) interest, was of critical importance in helping Nazi Germany prepare for World War II.

Of course, you also completely miss that this partnership between I.G. Farben and Standard Oil was founded in 1929. At this time The NAZI party was a minority party, with less then 3% of the popular vote, and less then 1 million votes in the latest election.

The two companies worked together to boaster Hitler's war machine till 1940. In 1938 Standard provided I.G. Farben with its new butyl rubber process critical to development of synthetic rubber while keeping the process a secret in the US until 1940. In 1938 they supplied, 500 tons of tetraethyl lead to Reich Air Ministry in a transaction arranged by I. G. Farben after being advised by Dupont it was needed for military purposes. By the late 1930's Standard had transferred to Germany both the process for synthetic rubber and the process for the tetraethly lead. Standard Oil of New Jersey (first under president W.C. Teagle and then under W..S. Farish) consistently aided the Nazi war machine while refusing to aid the United States in the period prior to outbreak of war.

The two companies worked together to boaster Hitler's war machine till 1940. In 1938 Standard provided I.G. Farben with its new butyl rubber process critical to development of synthetic rubber while keeping the process a secret in the US until 1940. In 1938 they supplied, 500 tons of tetraethyl lead to Reich Air Ministry in a transaction arranged by I. G. Farben after being advised by Dupont it was needed for military purposes. By the late 1930's Standard had transferred to Germany both the process for synthetic rubber and the process for the tetraethly lead. Standard Oil of New Jersey (first under president W.C. Teagle and then under W..S. Farish) consistently aided the Nazi war machine while refusing to aid the United States in the period prior to outbreak of war.

It's called a contract. And they have to provide what was agreed, or face lawsuit and fines.

Was there any kind of embargo by the US against Germany? Did the US declare that all contracts with US individuals and corporations were null and void?

No, I don't think so. And without something like that to protect them they had to follow their agreement.

So sorry, you fail to make your point here.

It's called a contract. And they have to provide what was agreed, or face lawsuit and fines.

Was there any kind of embargo by the US against Germany? Did the US declare that all contracts with US individuals and corporations were null and void?

No, I don't think so. And without something like that to protect them they had to follow their agreement.

So sorry, you fail to make your point here.
Contracts, not contract. There were a number of agreements between Standard and Farben, the last being September 1, 1939, 37 days before Great Britain and France officially declared war on Germany.

After 1936, it should have been crystal clear to Standard that war was on the horizon and there was a good chance the US would be in that war yet they continued their relationship with Farben supplying Germany with the technology it needed to wage that war.

Are we to believe that Standard was just a babe in woods with no idea of what was going on in Germany or did corporate profits trump the welfare of the nation? The answer should be obvious.

Standard was only one of a number of corporations that helped Hitler. Most of them turned their attention to reaping war profits at home with US involvement but not all. Collaboration of American corporations didn't end with the war. In 1998, the Justice Department declassified documents which showed that 300 American companies continued doing business in Germany during the war.

The Crime and Punishment of I.G. Farben - 4

Last edited:
After 1936, it should have been crystal clear to Standard that war was on the horizon and there was a good chance the US would be in that war yet they continued their relationship with Farben supplying Germany with the technology it needed to wage that war.

Oh yes, it is always known 5 year prior that we are going to be in a war, and with who.

And I guess the Government was so in love with the Nazi's that it never tried to stop this, even though it obviously knew we were going to be fighting them in 5 years as well.

lol

Forum List

Back