¡Hola a todos mis amigos!

Mulberry ice cream?

Recipe, por favor.

Is this the leading edge of yet another wave of messageboard refugees?

I see the kitty is back.

It might be. Who can say? And what can I say? Catz has friends!

Now, Mulberry ice... (can you cope with metric?)

500g fresh mulberries
200g sugar
100ml licor de Mora (if you can't get it, use vodka)
400ml double cream
a couple of leaves of fresh mint

1. Steep the mulberries in the licor (or vodka) mint leaves and sugar overnight
  2. Whip the cream until not quite stiff
  3. Remove the mint leaves and strain the fruit
  4. Return half of the liquid back to the fruit and whizz up with a hand blender or in a liquidiser until smooth
  5. fold the fruit into the cream with a metal (not a wooden) spoon and then pour it into an ice cream maker. Leave running for 20 minutes
  6. Place in the freezer and leave overnight
  7. When you serve it, drizzle a little of the remaining fruit and liquor over the top

If you haven't got an ice cream maker put the mix into a plastic container and place in the freezer. Take it out every 15 minutes and whip to break up the ice crystals. Do this for about one-and-a-half hours. Then leave overnight.

It goes great with almond cake!

Yum! I will try this next spring when my mulberry tree bears fruit again.

Thanks!

Mulberry ice cream?

Recipe, por favor.

Is this the leading edge of yet another wave of messageboard refugees?

I see the kitty is back.

It might be. Who can say? And what can I say? Catz has friends!

Now, Mulberry ice... (can you cope with metric?)

500g fresh mulberries
200g sugar
100ml licor de Mora (if you can't get it, use vodka)
400ml double cream
a couple of leaves of fresh mint

1. Steep the mulberries in the licor (or vodka) mint leaves and sugar overnight
  2. Whip the cream until not quite stiff
  3. Remove the mint leaves and strain the fruit
  4. Return half of the liquid back to the fruit and whizz up with a hand blender or in a liquidiser until smooth
  5. fold the fruit into the cream with a metal (not a wooden) spoon and then pour it into an ice cream maker. Leave running for 20 minutes
  6. Place in the freezer and leave overnight
  7. When you serve it, drizzle a little of the remaining fruit and liquor over the top

If you haven't got an ice cream maker put the mix into a plastic container and place in the freezer. Take it out every 15 minutes and whip to break up the ice crystals. Do this for about one-and-a-half hours. Then leave overnight.

It goes great with almond cake!

Yum! I will try this next spring when my mulberry tree bears fruit again.

Thanks!

I like the mulberry trees better than the blackberries or huckleberries.

¡Bienvenidos! ¿Trajiste los caballos?

No tengo caballos, pero mi vecino es un burro... en todos los sentidos.

siempre es bienvenido a esta casa, Andaluz.
I am more at home with Latino Espanol

It's quite a bit different from Andaluz Spanish - lots of different words and the Latinos never use the Perfect. I use it all the time, but I'm blessed! :tongue:

Thanks for the welcome!

The mulberries are just giving way to the brambles (blackberries) here. Huckleberries, we don't have. Use any red, blue or black fruit. There's no such thing as a bad berry.. apart from Dangleberries!

Usted no debe hablar mal de los marroquíes....... :eusa_whistle:

¿Usted? How very polite! My neighbour really is a burro, he's called Nacho and hauls firewood. And his owner, who lives above the stable is reputedly the most 'hung' guy in the village. I kid you not!

I took formal Spanish in high school in 1972. I'm having to look up a few words because it's been so long since I've used it. :lol:

Dear people of USMB, I bring you greetings from across the pond. I have followed in the footsteps of a great Floridian feline and joined your hallowed virtua. May your posts be manifold and various. May your flag poles always be erect and proud. May your threads be awesome and your mods be wise.

I have no idea about he political ambience around these parts but I'm sure you'll all catch on very quickly to how I hang. To help you along, here are 5 yummy and 5 yucky things according to El Señor Andaluz's epicurean tastes...

Yummy:
  1. People who can argue both sides of a point and find that stimulating and entertaining
  2. Funny people - the bawdier the better
  3. A fine Ribera del Duero tempranillo
  4. An absence of too many rules
  5. My own recipe for mulberry ice cream
Yucky:
  1. Angry people who are too chickensh*t to be so in RL, so do so on an internet forum
  2. El Señor is very wary of people who refer to themselves in the third person
  3. Finding religious dogma at all convincing in a debate with those who don't share your faith
  4. Brussel sprouts
  5. Men who depilate

Now, have at ya!

Muchísimas gracias para haber leído.
hello...I see you brought beer!

Welcome Senor!

Is it true the rain in Spain falls mostly on the plain?

I've been pondering that little tidbit for years, wondering if you can help me.

Your friend in the USA,

EZ

hello...I see you brought beer!

Never knowingly under-provisioned!

Hi to you too. Have we met before?
it's possible, I was in show bizz for nearly 30 years...do I owe you money?

I was in TV for 20 years so of course we met. In answer to your question, yes you do. You invited me to the French Laundry and I got stuck with the tab. Please send $1,200 to my PayPal account.

Nice to hear from you again. Tom Berenger got the part btw.

Welcome Senor!

Is it true the rain in Spain falls mostly on the plain?

I've been pondering that little tidbit for years, wondering if you can help me.

Your friend in the USA,

EZ

Gracias. The plain in Spain (La Meseta) is basically semi-desert. Does that answer your question?

Forum List

Back