hmm whats the story with lilith?

Lilith was never in the bible. The book containing her story was rejected by the Nicene Council.

I can only imagine the many reasons why. Her basis in Babylonian mythology, her status as a succubus, her penchant for inafnticide maybe? :lol: Doesn't exactly fit with the sanctioned orthodox scripture or the politics of the time.

Eve and the Identity of Women: 7. Eve & Lilith

never heard of her until now. why was her and her story taken out of the bible?

Because she was a bbbbaaaaadddddd girl :lol:

And probably a powerful girl. Monolithic religions didn't LIKE powerful women, of course she was written out of the history.

If you ask how Lilith herself, the first wife of Adam, became evil, the answer lies in her insubordination to her husband Adam. It is her independence from Adam, her position beyond the control of a male, that makes her "evil."

I KNEW it!

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: blu
For some reason, I remember Lilith being popular in lesbian feminist circles in the seventies and eighties. The story is God created Adam, and then he created a woman named Lilith. Lilith scorned Adam, though and ran away. Was she the first lesbian?

Wiki has a full page on her:

Lilith (Hebrew: לילית‎ Līlīt; Arabic: ليليث‎ Līlīṯ) is believed to have originated as a female Mesopotamian storm demon associated with wind and was thought to be a bearer of disease, illness, and death. The figure of Lilith first appeared in a class of wind and storm demons or spirits as Lilitu, in Sumer, circa 4000 BC. The phonetic name Lilith is traditionally thought to have originated in Ancient Israel, and to have pre-dated at least 700 BC. [1]

In Jewish folklore, Lilith is the name of Adam's first wife, who was created at the same time and from the same earth as Adam. She left Adam after she refused to become subservient to Adam and then would not return to the Garden of Eden after she mated with archangel Samael.[2] Her story was greatly developed, during the Middle Ages, in the tradition of Aggadic midrashim, the Zohar and Jewish mysticism.[3] The resulting Lilith legend is still commonly used as source material in modern culture, literature, occultism, fant http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith asy and horror.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back