HIV / Syphilis Outbreak, Milwaukee

badger2

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2016
Journal Sentinel 7 Mar 2018 HIV, Syphilis Cluster Found in City
'At least 125 people -- including high school students -- have contracted HIV, syphilis or both in one of the largest sexually transmitted infection "clusters" discovered in Milwaukee.'

Intelligently, this should automatically mean boycott of all Midwest plasma centers immediately, because it's also a window of opportunity for accidental (and [italics]) deliberate nosocomial transmission. You don't need fifteen dollars all that much.

As a MIlwaukee baby was also born with syphilis, this compares with the recent syphilitic baby born in North Queensland, Australia (4 Mar 2018) and the syphilis there since 2011.

The "druggie" automatically links to plasma centers, and deliberate transmission is possible. HBV can subsist on styrene surfaces and in creme-filled cookies for up to two weeks.

HIV, syphilis cluster affecting at least 125 people discovered in Milwaukee

At least 125 people — including some high school students — have contracted HIV, syphilis or both in one of the largest sexually transmitted infection “clusters” discovered in Milwaukee, health care advocates confirmed to the Journal Sentinel.

Three local babies were also born with syphilis last year, health officials said.

“This is an epidemic people are not talking about enough, and it leads to people taking unnecessary risks,” said Melissa Ugland, a public health consultant who works with a number of local nonprofit organizations that focus on public health.

There has been no announcement to the general public from the Milwaukee Health Department as of Tuesday.

Fewer than 10% of the 125 people who tested positive are Milwaukee Public Schools students, but health care experts anticipate that the numbers could increase as more people come forward.

A cluster is an aggregation of disease closely grouped in time and place. This cluster was identified as such because the people in it could all be connected, and were in contact with each other during a 12-month, identifiable period, Ugland said.

Most of those in the group are men and 45% were HIV positive, Ugland and other health care advocates said.

The behavior is at the root, though a Cruz type could enter a plasma center and cause much chaos, accidentally or otherwise.

At least 125 people — including some high school students — have contracted HIV, syphilis or both in one of the largest sexually transmitted infection “clusters” discovered in Milwaukee, health care advocates confirmed to the Journal Sentinel.

Three local babies were also born with syphilis last year, health officials said.

“This is an epidemic people are not talking about enough, and it leads to people taking unnecessary risks,” said Melissa Ugland, a public health consultant who works with a number of local nonprofit organizations that focus on public health.

There has been no announcement to the general public from the Milwaukee Health Department as of Tuesday.

Fewer than 10% of the 125 people who tested positive are Milwaukee Public Schools students, but health care experts anticipate that the numbers could increase as more people come forward.

A cluster is an aggregation of disease closely grouped in time and place. This cluster was identified as such because the people in it could all be connected, and were in contact with each other during a 12-month, identifiable period, Ugland said.

Most of those in the group are men and 45% were HIV positive, Ugland and other health care advocates said.
Well, no surprise. Just don’t speak too loudly about it so you don’t lose your job over homophobia.

Huh? How you read homophobia into my highlighting they were all interconnected is beyond me. Lol

Well, no surprise. Just don’t speak too loudly about it so you don’t lose your job over homophobia.

Huh? How you read homophobia into my highlighting they were all interconnected is beyond me. Lol

To be honest, I did not even notice what you quoted, other than the word interconnected in what I highlighted, never thinking of gays. Sounds like you are the one that pounced, not me, by your noticing it.

To be honest, I did not even notice what you quoted, other than the word interconnected in what I highlighted, never thinking of gays. Sounds like you are the one that pounced, not me, by your noticing it.

I just pointed to the conspicuous reality that is obfuscated by the culture and its propagandists.

By accusing me of being a homophobe. Well, you’d be wrong, dear.

I just pointed to the conspicuous reality that is obfuscated by the culture and its propagandists.

I didn’t accuse you of that. I warned that disclosing the obvious would result in that accusation.

By bringing attention to what you considered pertinent. Got it.

I didn’t accuse you of that. I warned that disclosing the obvious would result in that accusation.

Journal Sentinel 7 Mar 2018 HIV, Syphilis Cluster Found in City
'At least 125 people -- including high school students -- have contracted HIV, syphilis or both in one of the largest sexually transmitted infection "clusters" discovered in Milwaukee.'

Intelligently, this should automatically mean boycott of all Midwest plasma centers immediately, because it's also a window of opportunity for accidental (and [italics]) deliberate nosocomial transmission. You don't need fifteen dollars all that much.
Maine's cases doubled this past year, too (84).
You really think it's being transmitted by plasma/blood?

Forum List

Back