History of debt ceiling tells us where debt came from.

R

rdean

When George Bush took office, the debt ceiling was 5 trillion. When he left office, after raising it seven times, the debt ceiling was well over 11 trillion.

When Bush left office, he handed Obama an economy losing 800,000 jobs a month, TARP, two wars, a Bin Laden free to plan and on the last day of Bush's last budget, unemployment was 10.1%. But it's Obama who created the debt? Obama who's spending like crazy?

And I'm not blaming this just on Bush. Remember, Republicans held both houses for 6 straight years and a conservative Supreme Court.

But the truth is right there in the debt ceiling. It's there for everyone to look at. A big boulder in the middle of the road. It can't be "rewritten".

Who do Republicans want to pay for this disastrous debt?

The truth has always failed the Right Wing. Unfortunately for them, facts have a liberal bias.

If you were on "my side" of a debate - I would pay you to not say a word.
Truth is - you are so drunk on Kool-Aid that I guarantee no matter how many times you read your opening post - you won't realize that your making the opposite point.
Do the Math....how much did Boooosh spend in 8 years...and how much has Obama spent in 30 months?

Oops.

When Bush left office, he handed Obama an economy losing 800,000 jobs a month, TARP, two wars, a Bin Laden free to plan and on the last day of Bush's last budget, unemployment was 10.1%. But it's Obama who created the debt? Obama who's spending like crazy?
You lie. But you're a Liberal and that's expected.

Unemployment rate when Obama took office in Jan 2009 was 7.7%.
United States Unemployment Rate
Bush only used part of the TARP money. Obama used the rest so his hands are dirty as well.
Obama Seeks Bush Help On TARP : NPR
President-elect Barack Obama asked President Bush to formally request the rest of the money allocated by Congress in October as part of the Troubled Asset Relief Program. Congress has the ability to block the money.
Bush fought two wars. Obama, after promising to "Bring the troops home" during his election campaign is now fighting 5 wars.
The debt under Bush was 500 Billion. Now under Obama it's 1.4 Trillion.

You Liberals have to ask yourself this question; Is Obama a puppet being controlled by outside forces or did he just flat out lie to us to get elected?

It has to be one or the other.

Bush only used part of the TARP money. Obama used the rest so his hands are dirty as well.
President-elect Barack Obama asked President Bush to formally request the rest of the money allocated by Congress in October as part of the Troubled Asset Relief Program. Congress has the ability to block the money.
Bush fought two wars. Obama, after promising to "Bring the troops home" during his election campaign is now fighting 5 wars.

You Liberals have to ask yourself this question; Is Obama a puppet being controlled by outside forces or did he just flat out lie to us to get elected?

so, the january unemployment rate is obama's huh? sheesh....kinda silly to put january or february's unemployment rate on obama, even march's comes from everything that happened before obama....nothing he could do in one month to effect it....or 2 months for that matter....

how you could peg january's u/e rate on obama when he wasn't even sworn in till the 20th shows pure number manipulation by YOU madscientist for only political posturing....

but hey, i guess it's ok cuz every one does it, eh?

Didn't booosh pass and support the 800 billion TARP?
Seems like McConnel and most of the republicans stillin the congress supported it too?

Last edited:
Unemployment was 10% under Bush?

Where?

In France?

It sure as hell wasn't in the U.S. dipshit.

Unemployment was 7.7% when Obama took office, but like I said, "On the last day of Bush's budget".

The budget doesn't start on the first day a president takes office. They are saddled with the last president's budget for at least 6 months before they can pass their own. Go ahead, look it up. On the last day of Bush's budget, unemployment was 10.1%.

When Bush took office, the debt ceiling was 5 trillion. When he left office, it was close to 12 trillion. Think about why that is. If you haven't increased the debt, why would you increase the debt ceiling?

Does that really have to be explained. Seems very, very simple to me. Why is it so difficult for right wingers to understand? Do they consider this "rocket science"? If that's the case, they have real, long term issues.

No one, not even yourself, believes your bullshit spin. Save it.

Unemployment was 7.7% when Obama took office, but like I said, "On the last day of Bush's budget".

The budget doesn't start on the first day a president takes office. They are saddled with the last president's budget for at least 6 months before they can pass their own. Go ahead, look it up. On the last day of Bush's budget, unemployment was 10.1%.

When Bush took office, the debt ceiling was 5 trillion. When he left office, it was close to 12 trillion. Think about why that is. If you haven't increased the debt, why would you increase the debt ceiling?

Does that really have to be explained. Seems very, very simple to me. Why is it so difficult for right wingers to understand? Do they consider this "rocket science"? If that's the case, they have real, long term issues.

Wait . . .

If it was 12 T when Bush was done how is it only 1.4 T under Obama?

Oh, those numbers are wrong.

12T when Bush left and it's now 14.3T and climbing. That's an increase of 2.3T in what . . . 30 months? Let's be fair here. You're comparing 8 years of Bush to 2 1/2 years of Obama. Let's take Barry's spending out eight years (humor me and pretend he gets a second term). What will the final numbers be after 8 years? :eek:!

Bad when Bush racks it up but okie dokie when Obama does?

:cuckoo:

eta: I see it was 10.6T when Bush left, not 12T. So that's an increase of nearly 4T in 30 months, not 2.3T. My bad. Oh actually rdeans bad.

Last edited:
If Obama didn't like what he was walking into he should've stayed home. Instead he campaigned on false hope and lies.

When George Bush took office, the debt ceiling was 5 trillion. When he left office, after raising it seven times, the debt ceiling was well over 11 trillion.

And I'm not blaming this just on Bush. Remember, Republicans held both houses for 6 straight years and a conservative Supreme Court.

But the truth is right there in the debt ceiling. It's there for everyone to look at. A big boulder in the middle of the road. It can't be "rewritten".

Who do Republicans want to pay for this disastrous debt?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol::lol:
:lol: :lol::clap2: :clap2: :clap2::clap2: :lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol:

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol:

Copy%20of%20gollum.jpg

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooosh my precious!

Booooooshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

we hates him!

Hates him!

He stole the precious Florida chads!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The truth has always failed the Right Wing. Unfortunately for them, facts have a liberal bias.

Truth is - you are so drunk on Kool-Aid that I guarantee no matter how many times you read your opening post - you won't realize that your making the opposite point.
Do the Math....how much did Boooosh spend in 8 years...and how much has Obama spent in 30 months?

Oops.

What so many of you miss is the fact that because revenues are so low, it seems like we are spending much more than we should be. The fact is that we are overspending, but the bigger fact is that we are completely underfunded. Today we are spending 5% more of GDP than we did in 2000. However, revenues are also short 5% of GDP compared to 2000. In real dollars, that is a $1 trillion shortage in revenue and it is $700 billion in excess spending. $300 billion of that excess spending is on military which is now 6% of GDP versus 4% in 2000. That means non-discretionary spending is only up $400 billion and that is mostly due to the economy sucking so bad that we are supporting more through the safety net.

I'm curious how many people actually remember the reason behind the Bush tax cuts. They weren't put in place to jump start the economy. The economy was fine when Bush took office. The reason for the tax cuts was that we were projecting large surpluses down the road, and it was felt that those surpluses should be put back into the hands of those who pay taxes, but it was done with a provision that should revenues fall, the Bush tax cuts would not be extended. Well, somewhere along the way, as revenues fell, some people decided that it was a smart thing to keep the Bush tax cuts in place even though revenues were tanking.

Plain and simple, we have a revenue problem much more than we have a spending problem, and when the majority of voters figure this out, they are going to demand a change on the revenue side.

Oops.

What so many of you miss is the fact that because revenues are so low, it seems like we are spending much more than we should be. The fact is that we are overspending, but the bigger fact is that we are completely underfunded. Today we are spending 5% more of GDP than we did in 2000. However, revenues are also short 5% of GDP compared to 2000. In real dollars, that is a $1 trillion shortage in revenue and it is $700 billion in excess spending. $300 billion of that excess spending is on military which is now 6% of GDP versus 4% in 2000. That means non-discretionary spending is only up $400 billion and that is mostly due to the economy sucking so bad that we are supporting more through the safety net.

I'm curious how many people actually remember the reason behind the Bush tax cuts. They weren't put in place to jump start the economy. The economy was fine when Bush took office. The reason for the tax cuts was that we were projecting large surpluses down the road, and it was felt that those surpluses should be put back into the hands of those who pay taxes, but it was done with a provision that should revenues fall, the Bush tax cuts would not be extended. Well, somewhere along the way, as revenues fell, some people decided that it was a smart thing to keep the Bush tax cuts in place even though revenues were tanking.

Plain and simple, we have a revenue problem much more than we have a spending problem, and when the majority of voters figure this out, they are going to demand a change on the revenue side.

Sadly, you and your like-minded nimrods believe this.

Oops.

That was a waste of cyber space.
This load of crap doesn't change the fact that obama will have spent more in his first term than Booooosh did in both terms.

The debt was around 5T when Bush took office and 10.5 when he left. In two and a half years the debt has gone from 10.5 to 14.3T under Obama and this next raise, which will be approx 2T, will raise it to 16.3T. That's 6T in two and a half years. Note: Obama has already raised the debt limit three times. This will be the fourth.

Last edited:
Rdean - You Lie!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debt to the Penny

Bush took office --- 01/20/2001 -- $5,728,195,796,181.57
Obama took office - 01/20/2009 - $10,625,053,544,309.79
Total G.W. Bush Debt ---------- $4,896,857,748,128.22 took 8 years.

Current Debt ------ 07/14/2011 - $14,342,954,633,916.41
Current Obama Debt ---------- $3,717,901,089,606.62 took 2.5 years.
fredgraph.png

Bush gained jobs!!! Obama lost jobs!!!
fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back