History Channel: The Vikings

I like it BUT in politics?

LOL I made a mistake in my posting ... but we could possibly have a political debate about those blood-thirsty, axe wielding vikings. :death:

What do you think about the scenes involving Kalf and Lagertha? (I hope I'm spelling their names correctly.) Einar opposed Lagertha having power to rule the Hedeby as Kalf's equal. They had a public meeting ... all those in favor of banishing Lagertha voted by placing their mark on a post ... and they were summarily executed by the waiting archers. I think I would be reluctant to speak or vote after that display of authority, if I lived in Hedeby.

Season 4 starts this evening. Anyone else following the series? At the end of last season (April 2015), the vikings engaged in the siege of Paris, finally ransacked the place, and Ragnar learned that Loki killed Athelstan. I have to hold my hand over my eyes when the gory battles are waged and maybe peek briefly, but I have been enjoying the series.
I believe his name is Floki,,,not Loki.

Season 4 starts this evening. Anyone else following the series? At the end of last season (April 2015), the vikings engaged in the siege of Paris, finally ransacked the place, and Ragnar learned that Loki killed Athelstan. I have to hold my hand over my eyes when the gory battles are waged and maybe peek briefly, but I have been enjoying the series.

I actually LOVE this show. Yes, it's like any other show in the sense that it is 80% fiction and 20% historical fact but it is pretty decent drama. If they are to stay "fairly" historically accurate - it's about time for Ragnar to die in a pit of snakes.....

I agree, this is probably Ragnar's last season. And, I should have said "Floki" instead of "Loki" ... I must have been thinking of the Norse God instead of the character. I am enjoying the fictionalized version, which makes me wonder if the Rollo in this TV drama will get what is coming to him (after he slaughtered his people) or if he will go on to become the Duke of Normandy and the ancestor of William the Conqueror. Maybe Ragnar will die in a pit of snakes before he has an opportunity to avenge the dead. Much drama to look forward to!

Indeed. I recall the movie "The Vikings" (I think was the title) with Kirk Douglas, Toby Curtis and Earnest Borgnine (as Ragnar). Damn good movie with the exception of Ragnar being thrown into a pit of wolves. Guess it looked more "dramatic".

I remember watching that movie many years ago. I should try see it again sometime.

I believe his name is Floki,,,not Loki.

I agree! I didn't catch that mistake until after I watched the show.

Furthermore, I had to cover my eyes when Lagertha commenced her revenge against Einar... and when I realized what she was going to do, I actually had to get up and leave the room for a few moments. That was repulsive, but would also strike fear in anyone who would consider opposing her in the future. She's a ruthless "politician". (Trying to keep this "political", LOL.)

I like it BUT in politics?

LOL I made a mistake in my posting ... but we could possibly have a political debate about those blood-thirsty, axe wielding vikings. :death:

What do you think about the scenes involving Kalf and Lagertha? (I hope I'm spelling their names correctly.) Einar opposed Lagertha having power to rule the Hedeby as Kalf's equal. They had a public meeting ... all those in favor of banishing Lagertha voted by placing their mark on a post ... and they were summarily executed by the waiting archers. I think I would be reluctant to speak or vote after that display of authority, if I lived in Hedeby.
I love a good blood letting. Red Wedding ftw

Forum List

Back