History Channel: The Vikings

Debra K

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2015
Season 4 starts this evening. Anyone else following the series? At the end of last season (April 2015), the vikings engaged in the siege of Paris, finally ransacked the place, and Ragnar learned that Loki killed Athelstan. I have to hold my hand over my eyes when the gory battles are waged and maybe peek briefly, but I have been enjoying the series.

Season 4 starts this evening. Anyone else following the series? At the end of last season (April 2015), the vikings engaged in the siege of Paris, finally ransacked the place, and Ragnar learned that Loki killed Athelstan. I have to hold my hand over my eyes when the gory battles are waged and maybe peek briefly, but I have been enjoying the series.
They filmed some of the series a couple of miles from where I used to live. All the cast and crew were very nice, easy going people. Lots of their money was spent in the community. STRICT curfew! 8:00PM everyone left the bars. Never any public drunkenness or such.
I'll be watching for sure!

I actually LOVE this show. Yes, it's like any other show in the sense that it is 80% fiction and 20% historical fact but it is pretty decent drama. If they are to stay "fairly" historically accurate - it's about time for Ragnar to die in a pit of snakes.....

i like it

Thanks for the reminder, History Channel usually repeats earlier episodes and I am tired, so my season may start next week.

Yea I have watched all of the previous episodes but looks like this season Ragnar takes a non white mate...that will be the end for me..more jewish propaganda and filth.

:)

I kind of doubt that I do, but what the hell, who knows? :)

My wife LOVES the show on Starz called "Outlander" . Hell, she's read all the books, a real nut. I asked her one day - how the hell does an educated black woman get into a love story about time travelers going from 20th century England to 17th Century Scotland!?!?

She said she LOVES the sex scenes...... Go figure :)

I actually LOVE this show. Yes, it's like any other show in the sense that it is 80% fiction and 20% historical fact but it is pretty decent drama. If they are to stay "fairly" historically accurate - it's about time for Ragnar to die in a pit of snakes.....

I agree, this is probably Ragnar's last season. And, I should have said "Floki" instead of "Loki" ... I must have been thinking of the Norse God instead of the character. I am enjoying the fictionalized version, which makes me wonder if the Rollo in this TV drama will get what is coming to him (after he slaughtered his people) or if he will go on to become the Duke of Normandy and the ancestor of William the Conqueror. Maybe Ragnar will die in a pit of snakes before he has an opportunity to avenge the dead. Much drama to look forward to!

I agree, this is probably Ragnar's last season. And, I should have said "Floki" instead of "Loki" ... I must have been thinking of the Norse God instead of the character. I am enjoying the fictionalized version, which makes me wonder if the Rollo in this TV drama will get what is coming to him (after he slaughtered his people) or if he will go on to become the Duke of Normandy and the ancestor of William the Conqueror. Maybe Ragnar will die in a pit of snakes before he has an opportunity to avenge the dead. Much drama to look forward to!

Indeed. I recall the movie "The Vikings" (I think was the title) with Kirk Douglas, Toby Curtis and Earnest Borgnine (as Ragnar). Damn good movie with the exception of Ragnar being thrown into a pit of wolves. Guess it looked more "dramatic".

Forum List

Back