Hiring family members?

Slyhunter

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2014
Florida
I have everything figured out if I win $500 Million in a lottery all I have left to do is to buy the lottery ticket. Well except for a couple of minor things.

I live with one sister, two nephews and my mother. I figure I'd need a mansion big enough for them to live. A place that big will need a maid. Should I hire some stranger to be my maid or my other sister who cleans houses for a living? Let her move in with her two kids in return for cleaning my house? Or should I forget them and just hire professionals who'll keep the place clean.

Is it fair I help the one sister who has always been there for me and I for her, but make the other sister who abandoned our family to raise her own years ago work for the same living conditions?

I haven't gotten it all figured out yet and I fear I'll never get around to buying that lottery ticket until I work out all the bugs.

I have everything figured out if I win $500 Million in a lottery all I have left to do is to buy the lottery ticket. Well except for a couple of minor things.

I live with one sister, two nephews and my mother. I figure I'd need a mansion big enough for them to live. A place that big will need a maid. Should I hire some stranger to be my maid or my other sister who cleans houses for a living? Let her move in with her two kids in return for cleaning my house? Or should I forget them and just hire professionals who'll keep the place clean.

Is it fair I help the one sister who has always been there for me and I for her, but make the other sister who abandoned our family to raise her own years ago work for the same living conditions?

I haven't gotten it all figured out yet and I fear I'll never get around to buying that lottery ticket until I work out all the bugs.

DO NOT HIRE FAMILY IN THAT SCENARIO.

If you want to help, find another way.

ff7ea86702d03ea5b2cfbc949a1a3b4e495d32f7eeb4e05722aca9111cb4a3d6.jpg

If I won that much money I'd probably give each close family member at least 10 million and let them figure out what they want to do with it on their own. Me, I'd be on the California coast building a house overlooking the ocean where the redwoods meet the sea.

Grandson, a few years back, came up with the 'perfect' solution if I should win that much in the lottery.

Buy enough land for 3 large estates, daughter on each side, me and the wife in the middle.

all connected by tunnels large enough for golf carts, so we wouldn't have to go out in the weather to visit.

So........a blunt, huh?

I inherited this business from my parents and long before I retired I made my oldest son as my CEO and my second as president after 6 years of apprenticeship.

I do have lots of extended and distant relatives working for me. My parents learned the hard way about relatives working for his company. So they established a very tough company policy and over the years I refined ( harder ) it a little bit. Like.............. You do not reveal that you are related to company owner, you are not my relatives, no friends on Facebook, business is business, no preference, no birthday invitations, do not kiss or hug me etc etc etc. So far this is working for us.

I was trying to quote Correll.

DO NOT HIRE FAMILY IN THAT SCENARIO.

If you want to help, find another way.

1. If I have to start a business now probably just my sons but no other relatives.
2. If you win a lottery that much I don't think you want to start a business just to have head aches.

Forum List

Back