Hillary takes the fall for our ambassadors assassination, what say you?

A couple of interesting articles on the subject:

Hillary Makes The Smartest Political Move of this Cycle
by Datechguy | October 16th, 2012

There has been a lot of back and forth about “Will Barack Obama Throw Hillary under the Bus over Benghazi?” or vice-versa this week .

It was quite a situation, If Obama threw Hillary under the bus would the Clintons work subrosa against him? (I maintain they already have been.) If Hillary threw Obama under the bus would the African-American community make her pay in 2016, it’s one thing for them to be pissed off at Obama, it’s quite another for some white lady to beat up on him.

What do you do? Well Hillary has threaded the needle in a way that accomplishes everything she needed to thus.

HILLARY TRIES TO THROW HERSELF UNDER THE BENGHAZI BUS: Says She Was Responsible For Diplomats' Security

Gee, you mean the Secretary of State is responsible for the State Department? Well, I'll be damned.

Both from Doug Ross @ Journal: HILLARY TRIES TO THROW HERSELF UNDER THE BENGHAZI BUS: Says She Was Responsible For Diplomats' Security

Mouthing the words, "the buck stops here" is meaningless when it fails to come with a public apology made in prime time before the American people AND her immediate resignation. THAT's what "taking responsibility" means. Both Hillary and Obama are playing footsie with us... again. And even if Hillary chooses to go down on failing to provide sufficient security, the questions of who set the policy and who told Susan Rice to LIE are still unanswered.

Just saw it breaking on TV. She says the buck stops with her. Funny cause last week when I called for her resignation many on the left mocked me saying she wasn't a factor in this scenario.

Crow is now AGAIN being served. Enjoy

She's an abject failure... this will dispel any myths of Hillary 2016.

:lol:

Oh, the fluff piece that is the Clintons.

Just saw it breaking on TV. She says the buck stops with her. Funny cause last week when I called for her resignation many on the left mocked me saying she wasn't a factor in this scenario.

I say, "obama has never taken responsibility for a damn thing, it's always been someone else's fault, so I'm not atall surprised."

And you would be wrong.

No, I would not be. I would be 100% correctomundo

Last edited:
Obama should do exactly what Reagan did, since cons love to ask what would Reagan do?

when Reagan's colossal fuck up cost the lives of 241 Americans in Beirut in 1983.

Just like Reagan, Obama should take full responsibility and then resign.

...I think that was how it went, wasn't it?

Why would Reagan resign? He certainly didn't lie and attempt to covert it up, like Pres. Barry Kardashian.

Fail.

gmc10424920121016104500.jpg

You mean the "video thing" YOUR side started with, the "video thing" YOUR side tried to claim the WH and State Department apologized for, and couldn't back away from (but should have, because that, too, as so many other things that come from YOUR side turned out to be a complete misrepresentation of events) because that's the point Romney proved to the country and the world that he is TRULY not ready for prime time? THAT "video thing?"

I mean the video thing that Obama claimed was behind the Benghazi attack.

I mean the video thing and the statement from the embassy in Cairo that Obama ordered them to take down because it did not reflect the administrations position, even though he turned around and said exactly the same thing the next day.

I mean the video thing that Rice claimed was behind the attacks long after the administration knew better.

I mean the video thing Obama mentioned 5 times in his speech to the UN without mentioning terrorism once.

I mean the video thing that everyone still wants to blame for the attack even though it came out months before anything happened.

What video thing are you talking about?

No...that video thing was what Captain magic underpants and much of the media that supports him ASSUMED was behind the attacks.

427962_454003217985685_1520897422_n.jpg

196612_10151063258036275_475005190_n.jpg

Are you saying Obama thought it was behind the attacks because he watches Fox?

These embassies cannot be defended by a few marines or even a thousand if the foreign nation does not protect the embassies. No foreign embassy in the US is safe except for our protection.
In 1983 Reagan sent hundreds of American military to Lebannon to help, and 244 of our military were killed in just one raid. Who took the fall for that loss?
Embassies are subject to unsafe conditions, many times. On occassion, embassy personell are returned to their home countries at the onset of a war. After Pearl Harbor the Americans in Japan were sent home and the Japanese, returned to Japan.

Who made the decision to keep a diplomatic presence there even after the Brits pulled their people? If an embassy or consulate cannot be protected... you pull your people. They're not soldiers, they're diplomats. You don't leave them with their asses hanging out.

There are cushy and desireable embassy posts and dangerous and undesirable embassy posts. The cushy posts ie london, Rome usually go to those that donated tons of money to the political campaign, the dangerous undesirable posts go to the professional diplomatic corps. There is probably a book on two on the history of the dangerous diplomatic sites and our losses throughout our history; the usual diplomatic history books do not cover those topics only the failure and successes of the diplomacy.
These problems are now current because there is an election going on and political hay can be made. I do believe that Secretary Rice made a few changes in the diplomatic corps called Transformational Diplomacy, whether that policy led to more safety problems is also political.

It is the responsibility of the State Dept. to provide American Embassy security. So, if anyone is going to take the blame, it rightfully belongs in the dept. of state. However, I have been saying there are very likley many reasons security was not as strong as in hindsight it might have been. This is one of many reasons:

Security of US diplomats complicated by a host of issues]

WASHINGTON — Lost amid the election-year wrangling over the militants’ attack on the US consulate in Benghazi, Libya, is a complex back story involving growing regional resentment against heavily armed US private security contractors, increased demands on State Department resources, and mounting frustration among diplomats over escalating protections that they say make it more difficult to do their jobs.

The Benghazi attacks, which left the US ambassador and three other Americans dead, came at the end of a 10-year period in which the State Department — sending its employees into a lengthening list of war zones and volatile regions — had regularly ratcheted up security for its diplomats. The aggressive measures used by private contractors eventually led to shootings in Afghanistan and Iraq that provoked protests, including an episode involving guards from Blackwater, a US security company, that left at least 17 Iraqis dead in Baghdad’s Nisour Square.
This is what I was saying a few weeks ago playing devil's advocate that a heavily armed US presence would make it seem more like a military mission than a diplomatic one.

These are some addition problems the State Dept. faces: (It is higly likely therefore, that if the State Dept. is unaware of some things, so would be the Executive branch). Its easy to say they knew (speculation) but it's very possible they didn't "know".

U.S. Agencies Do Not Always Inform State Dept. Officies about New Hires

According to State regulations, the regional security officer for each
post is responsible for investigating foreign nationals hired by US. agencies
in the host country, including the U.S. Information Agency, US.
Agency for International Development, and the Peace Corps. Occasionally,
the other agencies- with their own programs and separate budgets
and facilities frequently located outside the embassy compound-hire
foreign nationals for short periods of time without notifying the post
personnel officer, who would in turn notify the security officer at post
so that a background investigation could be conducted. However, since
these procedures have not always been followed, some background b
investigations have not been conducted. Failure to inform the post
security officer could pose a security risk to US. personnel and
facilities.

Regional security officers in Argentina, Chile, Egypt, and Uruguay indicated
that in several cases other agencies had hired contract personnel
but had not informed the personnel officer or security officer. Two
examples in Argentina highlight this concern. In one case, the regional
security officer learned inadvertently that the U.S. Information Service
had hired seven foreign nationals to work at the embassy and the
library and binational center located near the embassy. These centers
have been targeted by terrorists worldwide. In a second case, the US.
LINK

And, the information goes on to say that it is often difficult to determine where one department's repsonsiblity begins and the other's ends.

It simply isn't as simple as people want to make it out to be in order to try to make Obama look bad.

Believe it or not, the State Department is part of the Obama administration, that makes it Obama's responsibility, which would explain why the White House ordered the embassy in Cairo to take down the statement they put up about the video.

I would also like to point out that the White House is making it quite clear that only two people in the administration were unaware of the request for more security, both of them are trying to get Obama reelected. Maybe if Obama actually sat in on the daily intel briefing he would have known about those requests before the press did.

These embassies cannot be defended by a few marines or even a thousand if the foreign nation does not protect the embassies. No foreign embassy in the US is safe except for our protection.
In 1983 Reagan sent hundreds of American military to Lebannon to help, and 244 of our military were killed in just one raid. Who took the fall for that loss?
Embassies are subject to unsafe conditions, many times. On occassion, embassy personell are returned to their home countries at the onset of a war. After Pearl Harbor the Americans in Japan were sent home and the Japanese, returned to Japan.

Who made the decision to keep a diplomatic presence there even after the Brits pulled their people? If an embassy or consulate cannot be protected... you pull your people. They're not soldiers, they're diplomats. You don't leave them with their asses hanging out.

There are cushy and desireable embassy posts and dangerous and undesirable embassy posts. The cushy posts ie london, Rome usually go to those that donated tons of money to the political campaign, the dangerous undesirable posts go to the professional diplomatic corps. There is probably a book on two on the history of the dangerous diplomatic sites and our losses throughout our history; the usual diplomatic history books do not cover those topics only the failure and successes of the diplomacy.
These problems are now current because there is an election going on and political hay can be made. I do believe that Secretary Rice made a few changes in the diplomatic corps called Transformational Diplomacy, whether that policy led to more safety problems is also political.

(bold is mine)

Bullshit. These problems are now current because they're CURRENT. Our diplomatic personnel were murdered just a little over a month ago. Bad timing for Barack Obama's political aspirations to be sure, but maybe if he wasn't incompetent at his JOB, maybe if he hadn't attempted to mislead the public after the fact, he wouldn't be dealing with the political consequences of it. It's not the guy who notices that the emperor has no clothes who's at fault. The fault lies with the NAKED emperor.

I mean the video thing that Obama claimed was behind the Benghazi attack.

I mean the video thing and the statement from the embassy in Cairo that Obama ordered them to take down because it did not reflect the administrations position, even though he turned around and said exactly the same thing the next day.

I mean the video thing that Rice claimed was behind the attacks long after the administration knew better.

I mean the video thing Obama mentioned 5 times in his speech to the UN without mentioning terrorism once.

I mean the video thing that everyone still wants to blame for the attack even though it came out months before anything happened.

What video thing are you talking about?

No...that video thing was what Captain magic underpants and much of the media that supports him ASSUMED was behind the attacks.

I'm saying, and every bit of evidence supports, the fact that the current administration waited to LEARN the facts before they commented on them...unlike loose lips captain magic underpants and his employees at FOX News.

Obama acknowledged the you tube, but he didn't credit it directly to the attack, and despite Romney at the time, or the talking points of the Romney campaign and its fellow travelers, and FOX news (but I repeat myself) the WH did NOT pin the attacks on the embassy on that video, even as they condemned it for the flame that it was, and supported the right to do so, no matter how irresponsible and wrong headed.

I'm saying, and every bit of evidence supports, the fact that the current administration waited to LEARN the facts before they commented on them...unlike loose lips captain magic underpants and his employees at FOX News.

Obama acknowledged the you tube, but he didn't credit it directly to the attack, and despite Romney at the time, or the talking points of the Romney campaign and its fellow travelers, and FOX news (but I repeat myself) the WH did NOT pin the attacks on the embassy on that video, even as they condemned it for the flame that it was, and supported the right to do so, no matter how irresponsible and wrong headed.

Unless Biden was a lyin... he and obama knew ZERO about any threats to the consulate in Bengahzie.. which makes me think there's a whole lot of truth to the accusations that he skipped a LOT of security briefings for the golf course. Yeah man, that's just who we need to make us feel safe.

"every bit of evidence supports, the fact that the current administration waited to LEARN the facts before they commented on them"

:lmao:

NO evidence (which is very much the opposite of "every bit" of it) "supports" the CLAIM (not a "fact") that the present fuckwit Administration "waited" to "learn" anything -- BEFORE they peddled a bullshit story that some unviewed video had anything to do with the attacks.

Last edited:

What's also funny is she said "the buck stops with the President" when Bush was President.

every bit of evidence supports, the fact that the current administration waited to LEARN the facts before they commented on them

:lmao:

NO evidence (which is very much the opposite of "every bit" of it) "supports" the CLAIM (not a "fact") that the present fuckwit Administration "waited" to "learn" anything -- BEFORE they peddled a bullshit story that some unviewed video had anything to do with the attacks.

The embassy (understandable given the events) gave a statement only they can be held responsible for)

What a disappointment to feminist everywhere Hillary was pushed around by Bill and now she's taking more kicks from Obama.

She's taking the fall for all the men around her.

Forum List

Back