Hillary needs a reality check...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000491746

Sen. Clinton: Newspapers Should Press Bush for Info

By Greg Mitchell

Published: April 20, 2004 4:45 PM EST

WASHINGTON Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.) told newspapers editors gathered here this afternoon that they had to be "more vigilant" and act with "more tenacity" to combat the failures of the Bush administration to provide "vital information" to the public.

Interviewed by Marvin Kalb on the opening day of the annual American Society of Newspaper Editors convention, Sen. Clinton said: "It's difficult for editors and publishers here to get to the bottom of stories. This administration, to an extent I haven't seen before, tells the press to go away -- and they do, like most people do when told that more than once. ... Many in this administration are quite expert at saying nothing despite your best efforts to get them to say something."

She reminded the editors that "so much is at stake now and the public needs more information." She also warned that "the echo chamber of talk radio can drown out a three-part series any of you write."

For the most part, however, the one-hour interview (taped for C-SPAN and other outlets) focused on policy questions, ranging from Iraq to health care and the 2004 presidential race. Pressed by editors in a Q&A segment, Clinton once again ruled out running for vice president this year and would not admit she was even looking down the road at the race for president.

A large portion of the chat focussed on revelations in Bob Woodward's new book. Clinton said she didn't believe "the Republican leadership will launch an investigation" into some of the allegations in the book.

Asked if she regretted voting in the Senate for the president's war resolution, Clinton said, "I don't regret the vote. I regret how the president used that authority." She said Bush had made "stunning mistakes," and called it "insulting that Osama bin Laden is still around to taunt us."

Concerning the plan to go ahead with the June 30th transfer of power in Iraq, she alleged that Bush was "playing it by ear, an ad hoc effort to make the best of a bad situation."

Asked by Kalb if John Kerry could beat Bush in November, she said "he will," putting his odds at "better than 50/50." But asked what that was based on, she said, "Based on hope." After a round of laughter from the audience, she added, "And an abiding faith and respect for the good sense of the American electorate."

Asked by an editor in the packed ballroom at the J.W. Marriott hotel if Kerry, unlike Al Gore, will make her husband, former President Bill Clinton, a strong part of his campaign, she replied, "He has and he will."

She is totally undermining our government. Her and her husband are the cause of much of this and she has the audacity to say that Bush his hiding stuff and that the press should grill him harder? WTF is wrong with this lady and why dont people see it?

I know someone who swears Hilary is the smartest woman that ever lived. I asked her why? She said because look how far she has gotten? - So, why is she different than any other American woman? Why does she earn the title as 'smart' against others? - Because I was told she works amungst men! - So the answer was, no answer really. Hilary is where she is through her husband like it or not and I would hardly consider that a show of strength.

She is a polition and thus a b.s.'r like the rest. It doesnt matter what she and her husband did....that was then and it doesnt count. She speaks cautiously and is never before a crowd of critics but rather supporters. They dont bother to ask real questions and applaud at everything that comes out of her mouth.

To me she is like stale toast. She is dried up and boring and she speaks monotone...

Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.) told newspapers editors gathered here this afternoon that they had to be "more vigilant" and act with "more tenacity" to combat the failures of the Bush administration to provide "vital information" to the public.

"more vigilant" and "more tenacity"--translated--hound him for doing his job and demand an apology for protecting national intelligence and security. Meanwhile, she didn't even know her husband was inches deep in an intern's mouth. WHATEVER!

BTW, there's a great website about Hillary. Hang on and I'll find it...

Originally posted by sitarro
http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news...LINTON_LEAVES_JAMAICA_HOLIDAYED_AT_TRYALL.asp

Queen Hillary just left Jamaica where she and her secret service and entourage used 40 rooms . She was there on vacation , I wonder who paid for it . 40 rooms!

The people who paid for her commitee are those same folks who paid for her husbands use of (was it Air Force One?) as personal means while getting his two hundred dollar haircut.

I know all politions, either side , abuse the hell out of their power. Some are just more blantant about it.

That's what's scary about the upcoming election, people blindly think she is the smartest woman in the world. She managed to get elected Senator here in NY...........

If they buy her line of shit, what else do they believe? Too many KollAde drinkers out there:cof:

Hillary's castigating of the LMM is just further proof of how intrinsically connected the press and the Democratic Party are. Still, her demand for more information- meaning, "you guys aren't bashing him quite enough"- belies her true intention: Bush wins so she can run in 2008. Trust me, when Kerry is resting the day after his November 2nd defeat, he will spend the whole day pulling Clinton knives out of his back.

The Democrats can't figure out why Bush's numbers keep holding, even going up in some polls. One could say it is because Kerry is a horrible campaigner, which EVERYONE admits. But what they fail to grasp is that people believe in Bush and trust him to fight the war on terror without nuance, without flip-flopping.

Hillary IS correct on one point: This is the most crucial election in decades. This is why President Bush will be a two-termer.

Originally posted by clumzgirl
"more vigilant" and "more tenacity"--translated--hound him for doing his job and demand an apology for protecting national intelligence and security. Meanwhile, she didn't even know her husband was inches deep in an intern's mouth. WHATEVER!

That was the funniest statement I have heard in a while!

:clap1: :clap1: :clap1:

Forum List

Back