Hillary already promising to

Well, look, if Hillary has any chance it'll be because she runs a technocrat's campaign on ideas. She's got horrible negative ratings, and she's not a very good politician. What she has going for her may be that in order to get the gop nomination, a candidate has to be Trump or take issue stands that are unpopular with 60-65% of the electorate. And, even then, she's somehow gonna have to motivate those people to vote. It's a divisive time, and she's a divisive candidate (though not a divisive senator or SOS)
Hillary's negative ratings are exceeded only by the negative ratings of the GOP candidates.

I truly believe we will see the lowest voter turnout in a Presidential election year since World War II. Maybe even all the way back to 1924.

How well did that legislation do a few months after Sandy Hook?

Was it Feinstein that tried to get a new assault weapons ban passed in that mess?

Got about 40 votes?

When is the Left going to learn, they're not going to get anything passed that makes it HARDER for the honest owner to buy a firearm?
Bill Clinton was able to get an AWB. So it is entirely within the realm of possibility another one could be enacted by his wife. The Clinton team has more legislative savvy and ability to get what they want in their little fingers than Obama has in his entire body. Obama is an incompetent. The Clintons are not.

Since Obama took office, the only people who have made it harder to buy guns are the rubes who panicked and started hoarding, thus driving up the cost of guns and ammo.

Hillary Clinton s push on gun control marks a shift in presidential politics - The Washington Post

It lasted 10 years, and didn't do squat.

which is why the Feinstein bill went belly up so fast.

Some people learn from their mistakes.

Some need remedial classes.
Feinstein has always attempted to go much further than the Clinton era AWB. She overreached. If she hadn't, she may have gotten it passed.

She wanted it to go farther, because the first one didn't do anything.

and she got her ass handed to her.

IF Hillary is elected, and pushes for an AWB,it will be as toothless, and useless, as the one her husband passed.
It will hinge on high capacity magazine reselling, and background checks.

What do you consider 'high capacity'?

NY considers anything over 10 rounds 'high capacity', and won't allow firearms with more magazine capacity than that to be sold.

I have 10 handguns I use for plinking and targets.

al but 3 came from the factory with magazines made for more than 10 rounds.

Who can blame Hillary for wanting to ban guns? You would too if you had been pinned down by sniper fire.

Hillary Clinton s push on gun control marks a shift in presidential politics - The Washington Post
never worked for a politician before, why would she come out on it so soon?
She needs something, anything, to divert attention from her foreign-policy disasters as SecState, her illegal usage of private emails and her destruction of those emails in the face of investigations, and a dozen more scandals.

Lies like "The Republicans have exonerated me" and "Move along, there's no evidence I did anything wrong" aren't flying any more. Nobody believes her. So she must get them off the subject completely, and come up with something else, and trust that the media will back her and not ask difficult questions.

Forum List

Back