High Unemployment: The Republican Wet Dream

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
So many of our educated and dedicated American workers have lost their jobs to the ideology of "free trade" or "globalization" or "outsourcing" or "downsizing" or whatever else one might want to call what is ultimately just plain "greed" or an unrealistic desire for "more for less". Admit it, even the most liberal amongst us can't see much beyond the "price tag".

In 1985, when Ford Motor Company moved one it's most profitable plants to Brazil with the tax dollars refunded to them by the trinkle down administration of that time it was remarked that "This is Good, this will bring down the price of the automobile that the plant produced. "Oh NO", said the administration. "We are under no obligation to reduce the price of the automobile, we are only responsible to the shareholders and this move has moved our share-price above all expectations." Dig it?

We have automobile assembly genious flipping burgers for a third of what they were making before that move. We have safety and quality people doing security work in parking lots and solid IT folks wondering where can they go from here? But it all drives down wages and creates unemployment. And this is just the tip of the unemployment iceberg.

Hello? Anybody paying attention?

Originally posted by insein
I'd have to say no since every other thread you've posted in you've failed to finish a conversation.

Exactly. He starts, fights and whines, get's proven wrong beyond a shadow of a doubt, then disappears.

Psycho, how come you disappeared and never came back to respond to your ridiculous thread about how veterans are ALL against Bush? You were completely and utterly ripped apart and shredded in that thread and then never heard from again. :laugh:

So sorry, jimnyc. I have to work as I can find it. Sometimes days and sometimes nights, I still make an honest living. As far as your ridiculous assertion that I said "ALL veterans are against Bush" I can only comment that I never said any such thing. I simply said that I've never met one Viet Nam vet that was for this war in Iraq. That's it. You have seriously misinterpreted my wording.

Originally posted by Psychoblues
So sorry, jimnyc. I have to work as I can find it. Sometimes days and sometimes nights, I still make an honest living. As far as your ridiculous assertion that I said "ALL veterans are against Bush" I can only comment that I never said any such thing. I simply said that I've never met one Viet Nam vet that was for this war in Iraq. That's it. You have seriously misinterpreted my wording.

Ok, this is what you stated:

"This facade being put forth by the Administration that our soldiers from that era are supportive of the War On Iraq is just plain false."

And you were thoroughly proven wrong in that thread only to never return again. It's typical of you though and we expected nothing less.

I can successfully refute any claim made in that tread to the contrary. But it was really just more "Psychobles is an idiot" and other innuendo. Really, there are more important and meaningful arguments that we can have, don't you agree?

I can successfully refute any claim made in that tread to the contrary. But it was really just more "Psychobles is an idiot" and other innuendo. Really, there are more important and meaningful arguments that we can have, don't you agree?

WRONG!

There was actual references cited. Many of them in fact to prove your assertions incorrect. How about you just go back and refute them then? They were actual words from MANY vietnam veterans in support of Bush, how do you plan on refuting that? There are entire webpages by veteran organizations supporting Bush, how do you refute that? One was a Vietnam Veterans of America official page that included a poll showing over 70% of vietnam vets approved of Bush's war on terror, how are you going to refute that?

Uh, OK. So there are Viet Nam vets that support Bush. This one doesn't and neither do ANY of the Viet Nam vets with whom I am acquainted and lest I repeat, "I am acquainted with Thousands of them".. Other than your feeble attempts towards "exposing this Idiot that calls himself Psychoblues" what is your primary argument?

Get the drift, my friend jimnyc, My goals are not to dissuade you or your kind at all but more to educate and present a more balanced and truthful viewpoint to common Americans that might be interested. That's what makes the USMB so special, don't you know?

Uh, OK. So there are Viet Nam vets that support Bush. This one doesn't and neither do ANY of the Viet Nam vets with whom I am acquainted and lest I repeat, "I am acquainted with Thousands of them".. Other than your feeble attempts towards "exposing this Idiot that calls himself Psychoblues" what is your primary argument?

Get the drift, my friend jimnyc, My goals are not to dissuade you or your kind at all but more to educate and present a more balanced and truthful viewpoint to common Americans that might be interested. That's what makes the USMB so special, don't you know?

And the links I provided showed a HELL OF A LOT more than thousands that DO support Bush. My argument is that you spout crap trying to rile people up and then crap your pants in anger when confronted with facts.

You aren't educating me. I get educated by reality and the facts. Your warped opinions are only educational to those tossing a few back at the local watering hole. You are also pompous and immediately discredit those that disagree with you, no matter how much proof they throw your way.

In other words, you seem to want free reign to voice your words here but don't expect to be called to the table when others see errors in your words.

So yes, the USMB is special in the fact that it allows us all to voice our opinions and then debate where we disagree. Some don't debate though, just swear they are right and the rest are misinformed and naive. Can you dig THAT?

Damn, I'm completely ashamed. Maybe the links I've provided aren't enough. Maybe my experience in this cold world isn't enough. Maybe I am just a delusional old drunk that spatters his thoughts and spitters his ideas. I'm worthless, I admit it.

I love you too, jimnyc. :)

Damn, I'm completely ashamed. Maybe the links I've provided aren't enough. Maybe my experience in this cold world isn't enough. Maybe I am just a delusional old drunk that spatters his thoughts and spitters his ideas. I'm worthless, I admit it.

I love you too, jimnyc. :)

This is the most profound thing i've seen Psycho post on USMB. Its like his 1st AA meeting.

So many of our educated and dedicated American workers have lost their jobs to the ideology of "free trade" or "globalization" or "outsourcing" or "downsizing" or whatever else one might want to call what is ultimately just plain "greed" or an unrealistic desire for "more for less". Admit it, even the most liberal amongst us can't see much beyond the "price tag".

In 1985, when Ford Motor Company moved one it's most profitable plants to Brazil with the tax dollars refunded to them by the trinkle down administration of that time it was remarked that "This is Good, this will bring down the price of the automobile that the plant produced. "Oh NO", said the administration. "We are under no obligation to reduce the price of the automobile, we are only responsible to the shareholders and this move has moved our share-price above all expectations." Dig it?

We have automobile assembly genious flipping burgers for a third of what they were making before that move. We have safety and quality people doing security work in parking lots and solid IT folks wondering where can they go from here? But it all drives down wages and creates unemployment. And this is just the tip of the unemployment iceberg.

Hello? Anybody paying attention?

i gotta ask...what kind of car do you drive?

Forum List

Back