High Unemployment: The Republican Wet Dream

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Psychoblues, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    So many of our educated and dedicated American workers have lost their jobs to the ideology of "free trade" or "globalization" or "outsourcing" or "downsizing" or whatever else one might want to call what is ultimately just plain "greed" or an unrealistic desire for "more for less". Admit it, even the most liberal amongst us can't see much beyond the "price tag".

In 1985, when Ford Motor Company moved one it's most profitable plants to Brazil with the tax dollars refunded to them by the trinkle down administration of that time it was remarked that "This is Good, this will bring down the price of the automobile that the plant produced. "Oh NO", said the administration. "We are under no obligation to reduce the price of the automobile, we are only responsible to the shareholders and this move has moved our share-price above all expectations." Dig it?

We have automobile assembly genious flipping burgers for a third of what they were making before that move. We have safety and quality people doing security work in parking lots and solid IT folks wondering where can they go from here? But it all drives down wages and creates unemployment. And this is just the tip of the unemployment iceberg.

Hello? Anybody paying attention?

2. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    I'd have to say no since every other thread you've posted in you've failed to finish a conversation.

3. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    You're right. So we should steal an individual's right to run a privately owned business anyway he wants because we don't like it.

Vcegda gotov, comrade.

4. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Exactly. He starts, fights and whines, get's proven wrong beyond a shadow of a doubt, then disappears.

Psycho, how come you disappeared and never came back to respond to your ridiculous thread about how veterans are ALL against Bush? You were completely and utterly ripped apart and shredded in that thread and then never heard from again. :laugh:

5. Gop guy

Gop guy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Damn LOL!

6. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    So sorry, jimnyc. I have to work as I can find it. Sometimes days and sometimes nights, I still make an honest living. As far as your ridiculous assertion that I said "ALL veterans are against Bush" I can only comment that I never said any such thing. I simply said that I've never met one Viet Nam vet that was for this war in Iraq. That's it. You have seriously misinterpreted my wording.

7. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Friends don't let friends engage in autarky!

8. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Ok, this is what you stated:

"This facade being put forth by the Administration that our soldiers from that era are supportive of the War On Iraq is just plain false."

And you were thoroughly proven wrong in that thread only to never return again. It's typical of you though and we expected nothing less.

9. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    I can successfully refute any claim made in that tread to the contrary. But it was really just more "Psychobles is an idiot" and other innuendo. Really, there are more important and meaningful arguments that we can have, don't you agree?

10. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    WRONG!

There was actual references cited. Many of them in fact to prove your assertions incorrect. How about you just go back and refute them then? They were actual words from MANY vietnam veterans in support of Bush, how do you plan on refuting that? There are entire webpages by veteran organizations supporting Bush, how do you refute that? One was a Vietnam Veterans of America official page that included a poll showing over 70% of vietnam vets approved of Bush's war on terror, how are you going to refute that?