Hiding under corpses: Iraqi tribesmen recount escape from Islamic State

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Can everyone here imagine how horrifying it would be to have to hide under corpses to get away from a bunch of barbarians?

By By Saif Hameed | Reuters – 5 hours ago
  • View Photo
    Tribal fighters and Iraqi security forces take part in an intensive security deployment …
By Saif Hameed

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Muhammed Hilal and about 100 other members of Iraq's Albu Nimr tribe felt safe hiding from Islamic State militants in tall grass -- until the headlights of dozens of cars exposed them.

"We know you are there, traitors," militants shouted, before opening fire on the tribesmen who had fought them for weeks.

Most died. Some were taken prisoner.

Shot in the arm and leg, Hilal survived, after smothering himself in blood and playing dead under corpses as the militants beat the wounded and called them "scum", he said.

Hilal says he spotted more bodies, including children and the elderly, dumped on the roadside as he fled the scene after hours of hiding beneath the dead.

"I'm waiting for my family. I have no way of reaching them. Their cellphones are switched off and I'm powerless to do anything," Hilal told Reuters by telephone from Haditha, a town under the control of Iraqi forces and tribal fighters but still vulnerable to attack from nearby Islamic State militants.

Many other members of the tribe face that same uncertainty after Islamic State executed hundreds to punish the tribe that had fought back.

After seizing the tribe's main village, Islamic State militants combed the area for those who had set out on foot hoping to escape the wrath of a group notorious for beheading or shooting dead anyone opposed to their ultra-hardline ideology.

The killings raised new concerns about Iraq's ability to defeat Islamic State, which swept through northern Iraq in June, meeting little resistance from the U.S.-trained army.

The Shi'ite-led government of Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi wants Sunni tribes like Albu Nimr, which once helped the United States defeat al Qaeda in Anbar, to back government forces fighting Islamic State.

But tribal leaders say the government ignored repeated pleas for help as Islamic State pushed through Anbar, a vast desert province that includes the Sunni tribe-dominated towns in the Euphrates River valley running from the Syrian border to the western outskirts of Baghdad.

SURRENDER

Islamic State was on the march in Anbar even before it seized much of northern Iraq, coming ever closer to Baghdad as part of its ambition to redraw the map of the Middle East.

Continue reading at:

https://in.news.yahoo.com/hiding-under-corpses-iraqi-tribesmen-recount-escape-is

Can everyone here imagine how horrifying it would be to have to hide under corpses to get away from a bunch of barbarians?

By By Saif Hameed | Reuters – 5 hours ago
  • View Photo
    Tribal fighters and Iraqi security forces take part in an intensive security deployment …
By Saif Hameed

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Muhammed Hilal and about 100 other members of Iraq's Albu Nimr tribe felt safe hiding from Islamic State militants in tall grass -- until the headlights of dozens of cars exposed them.

"We know you are there, traitors," militants shouted, before opening fire on the tribesmen who had fought them for weeks.

Most died. Some were taken prisoner.

Shot in the arm and leg, Hilal survived, after smothering himself in blood and playing dead under corpses as the militants beat the wounded and called them "scum", he said.

Hilal says he spotted more bodies, including children and the elderly, dumped on the roadside as he fled the scene after hours of hiding beneath the dead.

"I'm waiting for my family. I have no way of reaching them. Their cellphones are switched off and I'm powerless to do anything," Hilal told Reuters by telephone from Haditha, a town under the control of Iraqi forces and tribal fighters but still vulnerable to attack from nearby Islamic State militants.

Many other members of the tribe face that same uncertainty after Islamic State executed hundreds to punish the tribe that had fought back.

After seizing the tribe's main village, Islamic State militants combed the area for those who had set out on foot hoping to escape the wrath of a group notorious for beheading or shooting dead anyone opposed to their ultra-hardline ideology.

The killings raised new concerns about Iraq's ability to defeat Islamic State, which swept through northern Iraq in June, meeting little resistance from the U.S.-trained army.

The Shi'ite-led government of Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi wants Sunni tribes like Albu Nimr, which once helped the United States defeat al Qaeda in Anbar, to back government forces fighting Islamic State.

But tribal leaders say the government ignored repeated pleas for help as Islamic State pushed through Anbar, a vast desert province that includes the Sunni tribe-dominated towns in the Euphrates River valley running from the Syrian border to the western outskirts of Baghdad.

SURRENDER

Islamic State was on the march in Anbar even before it seized much of northern Iraq, coming ever closer to Baghdad as part of its ambition to redraw the map of the Middle East.

Continue reading at:

https://in.news.yahoo.com/hiding-under-corpses-iraqi-tribesmen-recount-escape-is

ISIS = true Islam. It is a photocopy of Mohammad's life, and his rise to power. This is exactly what Mohammad and his followers did.

Rou 10119131
ISIS = true Islam

That is not what GW Bush says:

For Immediate Release
Office of the Press Secretary
September 17, 2001

"Islam is Peace" Says President
Remarks by the President at Islamic Center of Washington, D.C.

These acts of violence against innocents violate the fundamental tenets of the Islamic faith. And it's important for my fellow Americans to understand that.

The English translation is not as eloquent as the original Arabic, but let me quote from the Koran, itself: In the long run, evil in the extreme will be the end of those who do evil. For that they rejected the signs of Allah and held them up to ridicule.

The face of terror is not the true faith of Islam. That's not what Islam is all about. Islam is peace. These terrorists don't represent peace. They represent evil and war.

When we think of Islam we think of a faith that brings comfort to a billion people around the world. Billions of people find comfort and solace and peace. And that's made brothers and sisters out of every race -- out of every race.

America counts millions of Muslims amongst our citizens, and Muslims make an incredibly valuable contribution to our country. Muslims are doctors, lawyers, law professors, members of the military, entrepreneurs, shopkeepers, moms and dads. And they need to be treated with respect. In our anger and emotion, our fellow Americans must treat each other with respect.

Rou 10119131
ISIS = true Islam

That is not what GW Bush says:

For Immediate Release
Office of the Press Secretary
September 17, 2001

"Islam is Peace" Says President
Remarks by the President at Islamic Center of Washington, D.C.

These acts of violence against innocents violate the fundamental tenets of the Islamic faith. And it's important for my fellow Americans to understand that.

The English translation is not as eloquent as the original Arabic, but let me quote from the Koran, itself: In the long run, evil in the extreme will be the end of those who do evil. For that they rejected the signs of Allah and held them up to ridicule.

The face of terror is not the true faith of Islam. That's not what Islam is all about. Islam is peace. These terrorists don't represent peace. They represent evil and war.

When we think of Islam we think of a faith that brings comfort to a billion people around the world. Billions of people find comfort and solace and peace. And that's made brothers and sisters out of every race -- out of every race.

America counts millions of Muslims amongst our citizens, and Muslims make an incredibly valuable contribution to our country. Muslims are doctors, lawyers, law professors, members of the military, entrepreneurs, shopkeepers, moms and dads. And they need to be treated with respect. In our anger and emotion, our fellow Americans must treat each other with respect.

Bush, like Obama, said it to appease our Muslim allies such as the Saudis. It's just lip service and every knows it. It's better that they don't say anything than to insult people's intelligence like this.

Your comments didn't address the similarities between ISIS and Mohammad's life.

Rou 10119285
Your comments didn't address the similarities between ISIS and Mohammad's life

Mohammad has been long dead a millennia plus some centuries. The IS terrorists are active barbarians in the here and now. I don't see the relevance of bringing Mohamad's bloody sword into discussions about the modern civilized world wher a billion Muslims prefer to live in peace.

I was addressing your ridiculous statement, anyway:

Rou 10119131
ISIS = true Islam

Who are you to say what 'true' Islam is?

Rou 10119285
Your comments didn't address the similarities between ISIS and Mohammad's life

Mohammad has been long dead a millennia plus some centuries. The IS terrorists are active barbarians in the here and now. I don't see the relevance of bringing Mohamad's bloody sword into discussions about the modern civilized world wher a billion Muslims prefer to live in peace.

I was addressing your ridiculous statement, anyway:

Rou 10119131
ISIS = true Islam

Who are you to say what 'true' Islam is?

Well, who are you? I'm speaking from experience and knowledge. ISIS calls itself and ISLAMIC organization, which thousands of devout Sunni Muslims are flocking to. If it quacks like a duck....

Rou 10123618
ISIS calls itself and ISLAMIC organization, which thousands of devout Sunni Muslims are flocking to.

Must I remind you of your equation?

"ISIS = true Islam"

Actually ISIS = false Islam in every conceivable modern sense. But you admit yourself that your equation is false since you base "=" on thousands of "devout Sunni Muslims are flocking to" IS terrorism. We all know there are over a billion of devout Muslims in the world.

You can't make numbers lie - even if its for bigotry.

Rou 10123618
ISIS calls itself and ISLAMIC organization, which thousands of devout Sunni Muslims are flocking to.

Must I remind you of your equation?

"ISIS = true Islam"

Actually ISIS = false Islam in every conceivable modern sense. But you admit yourself that your equation is false since you base "=" on thousands of "devout Sunni Muslims are flocking to" IS terrorism. We all know there are over a billion of devout Muslims in the world.

You can't make numbers lie - even if its for bigotry.

And on what basis do you consider ISIS "UN-Islamic"?

ISIS name stands for ISLAMIC STATE, and the thousands of local Sunni Muslims who are joining ISIS, that are born and raised as Muslims, recognize ISIS as ISLAMIC, which is why they are joining ISIS in the first place.

So you know what, your opinion isn't worth crap, because the Muslims that are joining ISIS including those in the West, think otherwise, that ISIS is indeed true Islam. That is what they are "fighting" er slaughtering incident people for.

Its great to see Iran and America working to remove IS. General Martin the Chairman of joint chief of staff said "it is not impossible that we would act collaboratively with Iran".
I see you are still a big fan of Homo-eroticism Roudy.

Wow, you so bright aren't you? "America and Iran are fighting ISIS together." Well so are America and Assad now fighting ISIS, by default.

You don't know much about how international politics work do you. What is said publicly is hardly ever the case. It's for the consumption of ignorant morons like you.

I see you're still urinating your stupid opinions freely. Ha ha ha.

is Isreal happy with this blossoming relationship Roudy?

ps the relationship I mean is Iran and America not you and your love for Homo-Eroticism.

is Isreal happy with this blossoming relationship Roudy?

ps the relationship I mean is Iran and America not you and your love for Homo-Eroticism.

Iran and USA are finding themselves fighting a common enemy, whether they announce it or make it official, they are still cooperating and on the same team when it comes to ISIS. Why should Israel have a problem with that?

That doesn't absolve Iran from being a terrorist state led by Islamic lunatics who are basically the Shiite version of ISIS and Alqueda.

Why don't you just come out of the closet, free pisser? You're the only person who's so obsessed with my signature. Does it turn you on. Ha ha ha. Wow.

The fact that you are proud of your Homo-Erotic signature line is refreshing bath house goy, a lot of your colleagues on the right would claim you are a pervert.
Ps I am sure you would wish Kerry success in this weekend talks with the Iranian's.

Very weak attempt at deflection bath house goy. The fact that you are proud of your Homo-Erotic signature line is refreshing, as a lot of your colleagues on the right would claim you are a pervert.
Ps I am sure you would wish Kerry success in this weekend talks with the Iranian.

I don't have any colleagues on the right, free pisser. Speaking of perverts you should hear what people say about you. Ha ha ha.

You sound like you are having an issue facing the fact that you might be gay. Seems like every time you see my sig line it hits a nerve or something. Maybe you get a twitch in your anus, who knows. LOL. I have to admit, you're the only one who's so infatuated with it. :cuckoo:

Anyhow, good luck coming out of the closet. Let me know when you're officially out and I'll ship you a case of cherry flavored Vaseline, as my gift of support.

PS it doesn't matter what Kerry or Obama say to anybody. No country is going to take them seriously any longer after last Nov 4.

I'm sorry I embarrassed you about your sexual predilections bath house goy. I bet you need a big closet to house your equipment.

I'm sorry I embarrassed you about your sexual predilections bath house goy. I bet you need a big closet to house your equipment.

You didn't embarrass me. You exposed yourself as someone obsessed with the gay lifestyle. Have you asked yourself why that is, free pissing ignoramus?

Like I said, just come out of the closet. I have nothing against gays. To each his own.

You didn't embarrass me. You exposed yourself as someone obsessed with the gay lifestyle. Have you asked yourself why that is, free pissing ignoramus?

Like I said, just come out of the closet. I have nothing against gays. To each his own.
Who has a the Homo-Erotic signature line bath house goy?

Who has a the Homo-Erotic signature line bath house goy?

That's a scene from other new 300 movie, you fucking idiot.

So, does it turn you on? Ha ha ha. Wow, you're truly pathetic. Why don't you find a mental midget like yourself to play with, eh?

Forum List

Back