Hidden in the Details… Fiscal Cliff Bill Raises Taxes on Middle Class – $2,000 For Th

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Stephanie, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    links in article at site

SNIP:

Posted by Jim Hoft on Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 8:44 PM

During the 2008 campaign Barack Obama promised not to raise taxes on anyone making less than $250,000 a year.

He lied. Obamacare created seven new taxes on those making less than $250,000 a year.

And, then there’s this.
    The fiscal cliff bill that passed the US Senate and the US House will raise payroll taxes from 4.2% to 6.2%. In other words those making $100,000 a year will see their taxes increase by $2,000.
    Obama needs the money.

Via FOX News:
    Meanwhile… Hollywood gets a tax incentive extension.

More… Here’s more on what the middle class can expect:
    Via KRMG:

The average family making $50,000 per year will see their paychecks drop by $83.33 per month ($1,000/year).

The average family making $75,000 per year will see their paychecks drop by $125.00 per month ($1,500/year).

The average family making $100,000 per year will see their paychecks drop by $166.67 per month ($2,000/year).

Hidden in the Details… Fiscal Cliff Bill Raises Taxes on Middle Class – $2,000 For Those Making $100,000 a Year (Video) | The Gateway Pundit

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. peach174

peach174 Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,443
    Payroll tax goes back to what it was.
    If you want your Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid you have to pay for it.

3. Newby

Newby Does it get any better? Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,703
    I'd rather take that money and save/invest it myself, I don't need the government to hold my hand and tell me how to invest for my retirement. And even though it's going back up from when they cut it two years ago, people have been counting on that money towards their monthly budget, and now it's suddenly not going to be there. People are going to be hurting and not happy.

4. Mac1958

Mac1958 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,503

A vast majority of Americans continue to labor under the misconception that professional politicians "have our best interests at heart".

Despite all evidence to the contrary.

5. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Yep the SS withholding cut was stupit anyway.
    People yelling that SS is in trouble and we need to privatize/reform it and they support cutting the contributions coming into it?

Kinda like decreasing school lunch money because the children do not get enough lunch at school.

6. Seawytch

Seawytch Information isnt Advocacy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,043
    How many different threads do we need with the same lie? Your taxes weren't raised. A CUT you were given expired. It was NEVER meant to be permanent. The President wanted to extend it longer, the GOP did not. It's called compromise. Look into it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. chikenwing

chikenwing Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,960
    DC and the last election are proof positive,there are still many that haven't drank the cool aid,and most of those are right of center.

8. Newby

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,703
    If it doesn't need reformed, then starting next year, anyone entering the work force for the first time should not have SS payroll taxes deducted from their pay, right? We can just end the program and phase it out, right? After all, all the money I've paid into it is safe and sound sitting in an account earning interest and just waitng for me to retire and collect it, right? Right????

9. tjvh

tjvh Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +916
    I would like anyone who voted for Obama that has a problem paying higher Taxes to remember this... You have to pay your fair share.

10. Newby

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,703
    The stupid libs on this board are supporting this increase. They obviously don't have much of an income for it to make a difference to them one way or the other. The average person who isn't involved in politics and doesn't pay attention is going to be pissed when they see their first paycheck of the new year.