'Hidden History' That Was Staring You In The Face

Once again PC starts a thread, NYCarbineer rushes in and makes her look foolish. Repeating something and expecting different results is a sign of mental illness.

PC makes herself look foolish. Carib just points it out

Once again PC starts a thread, NYCarbineer rushes in and makes her look foolish. Repeating something and expecting different results is a sign of mental illness.
Same old crap from PoliticalChic. Speculative conspiracy theories with large doses of misinformation and lies.

2. Then Roosevelt turned a recession into a 'Great Depression.' The causes include:
This is the normal kind of dishonesty and method used by the poster. She plants seeds of misinformation that may seem small, but are in fact very significant in shaping her overall thesis. In this case and example, she is attempting to place the causes and blame of the Great Depression on FDR and make it appear that he created it instead of the true fact that he inherited it. It began years before he came into office in 1933 with the stock market crash of 1929 and the forced closure of thousands of banks that could not pay those who had deposited money in those thousands of banks. One-fourth of the population was unemployed when FDR took office, but the OP does not want the reader to recognize that the Great Depression began long before FDR came into the picture. It is easy enough to confirm when the Great Depression began. You don't have to read a lot. Just look it up and see what date is given as the beginning or start of it. Then, look up FDR and notice the date of his first term in office. Four years difference. The Great Depression was in full swing for four years before FDR got the chance to turn it around, which is what he did.

Hey....look! It's Roosevelt's boot-licker!

Good to see you've signed up for lesson in 'Hidden History."

Yup....FDR was certainly a detriment.

1. While "The Depression" is probably the only economic downturn ever studied in government schools, few ever speak of any depressions or recessions prior to the "Great Depression."
Know how many there were?
Over thirty. And the average length was a couple of years.
List of recessions in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. "The Great Depression (1929-39) was the deepest and longest-lasting economic downturn in the history of the Western industrialized world. In the United States, ..."The Great Depression - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com
OK....so maybe Franklin Roosevelt was actually trying to end the depression.....never mind that he made it last longer, by a multiple of five, from most previous depressions/recessions.....

It sure was a good excuse for overturning the Constitution.

3. Let's concentrate on the last one, his responsibility for the 'Great Depression.'
Don't take my word for the ineptitude, here is Roosevelt BFF, secretary of the treasury, expert on finance and compendium of statistics on the economy of the 1930's:

" “We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong…somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises…I sayafter eight years of this administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started…And an enormous debt to boot!”
Morgenthau Diary, May 9, 1939, Franklin Roosevelt Presidential Library

a. In 1935, the Brookings Institution (left-leaning) delivered a 900-page report on the New Deal and the National Recovery Administration, concluding that “ on the whole it retarded recovery.http://www.aei.org/article/26390

Now you may go back under your rock.

Last edited:

"Fact" and 'foolish" hardly go together.

Here....I'll teach you a new word: syncretic.

Aligning those two words, facts and foolish, would be syncretic.

Now....go to your room and practice the new vocabulary.

PropagandaChic is at it again, slandering one of our best presidents, beloved by millions of Democrats and Republicans from our greatest generation. One has to think she has an agenda against the US. Perhaps a North Korean influence?

6. For Roosevelt, his selections for government didn't have to be smart....just pro-Stalinist.
Joseph Davies was a man in Roosevelt's image.

Soviet expert Charles Bohlen, who served under Davies in Moscow, later wrote:
"Ambassador Davies was not noted for an acute understanding of the Soviet system, and he had an unfortunate tendency to take what was presented at the trial as the honest and gospel truth. I still blush when I think of some of the telegrams he sent to the State Department about the trial."

"I can only guess at the motivation for his reporting. He ardently desired to make a success of a pro-Soviet line and was probably reflecting the views of some of Roosevelt's advisors to enhance his political standing at home." Bohlen, "Witness To History," p.51-52

"....I can only guess at the motivation for his reporting..."
Bohlen knew.
William Bullitt knew.
Senator McCarthy knew.
Roosevelt could have had a sign on the White House door: "Caution: Communists At Work!"

7. Davies even claimed that communism was "protecting the Christian world of free men", and he urged all Christians "by the faith you have found at your mother's knee, in the name of the faith you have found in temples of worship" to embrace the Soviet Union. Louis Budenz

Let's take a closer look at that 'idea'.....
a. 'The physical assault on religion ....beginning in 1928 with the closure of ...532 religious houses, by 1940 the overwhelming majority had been dynamited, closed or taken over....
The Russian Orthodox Church had 46, 457 churches and 1,028 monasteries at the time of the revolution; by 1939...less than 1,000 were operating. ' de Grunwald, 'God and the Soviets,' p. 54

b. In 1917 Moscow, there were some 600 religious communities....by 1939, only 20. "The Dictators," Richard Overy, p.274

Just like his patron, FDR, Joseph Davies was a congenital liar.

Last edited:
2. Then Roosevelt turned a recession into a 'Great Depression.' The causes include:
This is the normal kind of dishonesty and method used by the poster. She plants seeds of misinformation that may seem small, but are in fact very significant in shaping her overall thesis. In this case and example, she is attempting to place the causes and blame of the Great Depression on FDR and make it appear that he created it instead of the true fact that he inherited it. It began years before he came into office in 1933 with the stock market crash of 1929 and the forced closure of thousands of banks that could not pay those who had deposited money in those thousands of banks. One-fourth of the population was unemployed when FDR took office, but the OP does not want the reader to recognize that the Great Depression began long before FDR came into the picture. It is easy enough to confirm when the Great Depression began. You don't have to read a lot. Just look it up and see what date is given as the beginning or start of it. Then, look up FDR and notice the date of his first term in office. Four years difference. The Great Depression was in full swing for four years before FDR got the chance to turn it around, which is what he did.

1. While "The Depression" is probably the only economic downturn ever studied in government schools, few ever speak of any depressions or recessions prior to the "Great Depression."

2. "The Great Depression (1929-39) was the deepest and longest-lasting economic downturn in the history of the Western industrialized world. In the United States, ..."The Great Depression - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com
OK....so maybe Franklin Roosevelt was actually trying to end the depression.....never mind that he made it last longer, by a multiple of five, from most previous depressions/recessions.....

2. Let's concentrate on the last one, his responsibility for the 'Great Depression.'
Don't take my word for the ineptitude, here is Roosevelt BFF, secretary of the treasury, expert on finance and compendium of statistics on the economy of the 1930's:

" “We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong…somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises…I sayafter eight years of this administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started…And an enormous debt to boot!”

a. In 1935, the Brookings Institution (left-leaning) delivered a 900-page report on the New Deal and the National Recovery Administration, concluding that “ on the whole it retarded recovery.http://www.aei.org/article/26390

You got caught pedaling misinformation or even lying and now are deflecting to copy and paste crap you have been debunked on numerous times in the past. The Morgenthau Diary quote is a good example. Another one is that you fail to acknowdge that the Great Depression is judged and viewed on two distinct levels. One for private business and industry and one for the overall population of average Americans. While the conditions for the overall population of average Americans greatly improved, it did so at the expense of the rich and private industry and business. The recovery in private industry was slowed because instead of special tax breaks and subsidies to industry and the rich, funds were used to support the building and creation infrastructure, much of which is still being used today. FDR introduced trickle up instead of trickle down and it worked.

PropagandaChic is at it again, slandering one of our best presidents, beloved by millions of Democrats and Republicans from our greatest generation. One has to think she has an agenda against the US. Perhaps a North Korean influence?

Geee.....I searched, and searched for a few examples that you were able to rebut from my posts.

Alas....nary a one.

Must mean that you are either simply too ignorant.....or, that I am, as usual, 100% accurate, and your post serves as proof of that.

Probably both, huh?

OK...you've served your purpose....consider yourself dissed and dismissed.

2. Let's concentrate on the last one, his responsibility for the 'Great Depression.'

You got caught pedaling misinformation or even lying and now are deflecting to copy and paste crap you have been debunked on numerous times in the past. The Morgenthau Diary quote is a good example. Another one is that you fail to acknowdge that the Great Depression is judged and viewed on two distinct levels. One for private business and industry and one for the overall population of average Americans. While the conditions for the overall population of average Americans greatly improved, it did so at the expense of the rich and private industry and business. The recovery in private industry was slowed because instead of special tax breaks and subsidies to industry and the rich, funds were used to support the building and creation infrastructure, much of which is still being used today. FDR introduced trickle up instead of trickle down and it worked.

Soooo.....where are the examples of anything not 100% accurate?

There aren't any?

Then, I must be a winner again, huh?

PC makes herself look foolish. Carib just points it out

Can you imagine how differently you'd post if you actually knew anything.

Yes, you know so much, but just like Dale, all the stuff you know is crazy bullshit.

Interesting definition you Liberals have of 'education.'

I would have provided your quote....but I never use vulgarity.

"Henry Morgenthau Jr."
was the U.S. Secretary of the Treasury during the administration of Franklin D. Roosevelt. He played a major role in designing and financing the New Deal.

"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong … somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises. … I say after eight years of this Administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started. … And an enormous debt to boot"

Henry Morgenthau Jr. - Wikipedia.

"Henry Morgenthau Jr."
was the U.S. Secretary of the Treasury during the administration of Franklin D. Roosevelt. He played a major role in designing and financing the New Deal.

"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong … somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises. … I say after eight years of this Administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started. … And an enormous debt to boot"

And, of course, this:

a. Arthur Schlesinger, Jr., liberal New Deal historian wrote in The National Experience, in 1963, “Though the policies of the Hundred Days had ended despair, they had not produce recovery…” He also wrote honestly about the devastating crash of 1937- in the midst of the “second New Deal” and Roosevelt’s second term. “The collapse in the months after September 1937 was actually more severe than it had been in the first nine months of the depression: national income fell 13 %, payrolls 35 %, durable goods production 50 %, profits 78% .

b. In 1935, the Brookings Institution (left-leaning) delivered a 900-page report on the New Deal and the National Recovery Administration, concluding that “ on the whole it retarded recovery.” http://www.aei.org/article/26390

"Henry Morgenthau Jr."

And, of course, this:

a. Arthur Schlesinger, Jr., liberal New Deal historian wrote in The National Experience, in 1963, “Though the policies of the Hundred Days had ended despair, they had not produce recovery…” He also wrote honestly about the devastating crash of 1937- in the midst of the “second New Deal” and Roosevelt’s second term. “The collapse in the months after September 1937 was actually more severe than it had been in the first nine months of the depression: national income fell 13 %, payrolls 35 %, durable goods production 50 %, profits 78% .

b. In 1935, the Brookings Institution (left-leaning) delivered a 900-page report on the New Deal and the National Recovery Administration, concluding that “ on the whole it retarded recovery.” http://www.aei.org/article/26390

WWII solved the problem.

"Henry Morgenthau Jr."

And, of course, this:

WWII solved the problem.

Well....yes and no.

The economy...yes.

But Stalin, with Roosevelt's aid, won the ideological debate.

Communists flooded in, took over the universities...and..voila! What we have today.

It's a topic for another thread....but:
Waiting to ally themselves with the Frankfurt School Marxists were the Americans who had accepted the Woodrow Wilson-Teddy Roosevelt synthesis of Hegel and Marx.

And a welcoming ‘nest’ was provided for these vipers by the Columbia University Sociology department. And, the perfect storm: America was up for helping scholars fleeing from Germany.

Get this:
... the guy who greeted them was the same one who was merciless in attacks on the American hero, Senator Joseph McCarthy.
The guy in charge of this was Edward R. Murrow, the "Emergency Committee in Aid of Displaced Foreign Scholars."

"Henry Morgenthau Jr."

And, of course, this:

WWII solved the problem.

Well....yes and no.

The economy...yes.

But Stalin, with Roosevelt's aid, won the ideological debate.

Communists flooded in, took over the universities...and..voila! What we have today.

It's a topic for another thread....but:
Waiting to ally themselves with the Frankfurt School Marxists were the Americans who had accepted the Woodrow Wilson-Teddy Roosevelt synthesis of Hegel and Marx.

And a welcoming ‘nest’ was provided for these vipers by the Columbia University Sociology department. And, the perfect storm: America was up for helping scholars fleeing from Germany.

Get this:
... the guy who greeted them was the same one who was merciless in attacks on the American hero, Senator Joseph McCarthy.
The guy in charge of this was Edward R. Murrow, the "Emergency Committee in Aid of Displaced Foreign Scholars."

My comment was directed at the economic aspect of the Depression only.

Voters hated Hoover and his attempts to solve the Great Depression, yet loved what FDR did....All the threads from Polislick can't change that fact.....

...or...Roosevelt Leaves A Stain American Government....a "Red" stain.

I'm about to provide a history lesson that has been hidden from government school grads.....as always....100% incontestable.

1. Background:
Franklin Roosevelt was the 'Perfect Storm' President.
He was on the scene at just the right moment, with the right smile and the right promise....promises he never intended to keep, ....and didn't.

He blasted Hoover as having created the recession by too much spending, promised to balance the budget, promised to cut spending by 25%, and promised to demand a pledge from every cabinet member to follow those strictures.

a. The actions of the federal reserve
b. The sky-high Smoot-Hawley Tariff
c. The actions of Hoover that were continued by Roosevelt....on steroids/
d. And, mainly, the abject ineptitude of Roosevelt in every way except for that of changing America into a pale copy of Soviet Russia...In that endeavor, he was a success.

In 1935, the Brookings Institution (left-leaning) delivered a 900-page report on the New Deal and the National Recovery Administration, concluding that “ on the whole it retarded recovery.”
http://www.aei.org/article/26390

And that's only the damage caused by domestic policies!!

3. For a number of reasons....personal reasons, as Franklin Roosevelt, C+ student, and failed businessman, wasn't smart enough to incorporate an understanding of ideology into his actions....FDR had a case of 'love at first sight' toward the pathological murderer, Joseph 'Koba' Stalin.

a. He did what no earlier President or Sec'y of State would consider doing, he embraced and gave recognition to the blood drenched Bolshevik USSR, just months into his first term as President.
But he went further....he tainted the entire United States political apparatus by welcoming Soviet Spies, and apologists for every communist atrocity into high positions.

Hence, the title of this thread.

4. Neither astute, nor personally honest, Roosevelt sought out yes-men as advisers. He often picked those who had experience in the administration of the earlier Progressive President....one who as equally racist as he was, Woodrow Wilson.
He looked for those with the same affection for communism, and Stalin, as he did.

And that's what you will find proven in this thread.
I have, particularly, this man in mind....Joseph Davies, Roosevelt's man in Moscow.

Every word in this thread is not only accurate and correct...but was hidden from the unquestioning public....for obvious political reasons: America has been manipulated to side with the anti-America Left....FDR, Stalin, Obama, et al.

Read on....
The truth is out there but what we accept as history is usually based on pop junk and editorials and there is nothing that FDR would have done that wasn't justified by the media. Imagine rounding up Muslems who were American citizens and forcing them to sell their possessions and property and locking them up behind razor wire and armed guard towers without due process. The executive order signed by FDR didn't even make sense unless you consider that the intent was to steal the property of Japanese citizens in order to enrich FDR real estate speculators. Modern science has determined that it's likely that FDR did not suffer from polio but had a more serious disease that might have caused a series of strokes and possible dementia. His medical records disappeared shortly after he died and the media wasn't even curious.

Forum List

Back