Hey liberals: Trump overrules Sessions on pot crackdown

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
See now? He's not such a bad guy after all, is he?

"WaPo reports that in a phone call late Wednesday, Trump told Gardner that despite the DOJ memo, the marijuana industry in Colorado won’t be targeted, the senator said in a statement Friday. Satisfied, the first-term senator is now backing down from his nominee blockade.

“Since the campaign, President Trump has consistently supported states’ rights to decide for themselves how best to approach marijuana,” Gardner said Friday.

“Late Wednesday, I received a commitment from the President that the Department of Justice’s rescission of the Cole memo will not impact Colorado’s legal marijuana industry.”

He added:

“Furthermore, President Trump has assured me that he will support a federalism-based legislative solution to fix this states’ rights issue once and for all. Because of these commitments, I have informed the Administration that I will be lifting my remaining holds on Department of Justice nominees.”

Trump Overrules Sessions: Promises To Protect States' Pot Legalization Rights

Good. The constitution doesn't mention pot, so it's a state issue.

Plus they all want to share a doobie at the round table in the conference room...They still have papers from Cheech and Chong Big Bambu album...

They couldn't add since they were choking from a spliff...

They supported the idea that states could be different from each other in many regards.

Just because the people of Idaho don't want legalized pot, does not mean that the people of Colorado can't.

They supported the idea that states could be different from each other in many regards.

Just because the people of Idaho don't want legalized pot, does not mean that the people of Colorado can't.
I don't see why not the only problem is the banking system follows state and fed regs...

You do know though that at some point in time, the federal government is going to enact regulations and taxation on it, right?

You do know though that at some point in time, the federal government is going to enact regulations and taxation on it, right?
Just as soon as a recession hits what with the lower tax act that just passed..

Give it a couple hours and Trump will change his mind

Interesting point.

And, I am sure you are right.

I wasn't aware that Trump lowered the taxes on gasoline, cigarettes, and booze.

Geez, I learn something new here every day.

Like a breathe of fresh farts..

You know he didn't lower the taxes on gasoline, cigarettes, and booze.

Right?

So the deal maker makes a deal with pot heads to get a better deal about nominees. Even though lefties manage get their kids hooked on entry level drugs in order to make a buck or get high the republican president will never get the credit and maybe that's a good thing.

You know he didn't lower the taxes on gasoline, cigarettes, and booze.

Right?
Just on flatulence..

So the deal maker makes a deal with pot heads to get a better deal about nominees. Even though lefties manage get their kids hooked on entry level drugs in order to make a buck or get high the republican president will never get the credit and maybe that's a good thing.
Prove I get any kids high you piece 'o shit...

Forum List

Back