Hey I got an idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2014
Why don't yall , you know when you put posters on discouraged user status, and tell them it will be over at a certain time. Actually have it be over at that time?

If the system can't be controlled precisely enough for a user to be taken off discouraged user status when they are told they would be, well then maybe stop using it???

Not talking a specific moderator action here, so no rules violation either.

According to what I recall from the original discussions on the topic of "discouraged" posters they will have the benefit of a tab inside their profile that gives the end date.

Since I haven't had that happen to myself yet I cannot verify that but that is what I recall reading.

Why don't yall , you know when you put posters on discouraged user status, and tell them it will be over at a certain time. Actually have it be over at that time?

If the system can't be controlled precisely enough for a user to be taken off discouraged user status when they are told they would be, well then maybe stop using it???

Not talking a specific moderator action here, so no rules violation either.
Sounds reasonable to me.

• Banned
You misunderstand. I'm talking about a poster being told "you're discouraged user status will be over at X:XX" and 2 days later they are still on discouraged user status and told "oh it's the software, we have to get someone else to fix that"

You misunderstand. I'm talking about a poster being told "you're discouraged user status will be over at X:XX" and 2 days later they are still on discouraged user status and told "oh it's the software, we have to get someone else to fix that"

Get back to us when you discover the holy grail of bug free software.

• Banned

Uh, that was sort of my point Derideo. If a software feature is so buggie that 3 out of 3 times it doesn't work as designed, then there are three potential causes

1. It's an actual software bug
2. It's an end user who doesn't know how to properly use the software
3. It's an end user who is blaming something on the software that is not the software's doing at all.

In ANY of those cases, that particular option should no longer be used until the problem is fixed.

Uh, that was sort of my point Derideo. If a software feature is so buggie that 3 out of 3 times it doesn't work as designed, then there are three potential causes

1. It's an actual software bug
2. It's an end user who doesn't know how to properly use the software
3. It's an end user who is blaming something on the software that is not the software's doing at all.

In ANY of those cases, that particular option should no longer be used until the problem is fixed.

Ok, I plead ignorance because I am only peripherally aware that this feature exists. Only one poster that I regularly communicate with has had a single experience with it and it worked as I stated earlier.

From what I gather you are better informed than me about it's shortcomings. So yes, document them and send them to the powers that be to have them resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back