Environment sub-forum still relentlessly being trolled

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
I brought this up some months ago and, despite new rules being posted, they are being blithely ignored by the denier faction. Ad Homs seem to be the favorite retort when deniers are asked to address an OP or supply a source.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

I brought this up some months ago and, despite new rules being posted, they are being blithely ignored by the denier faction. Ad Homs seem to be the favorite retort when deniers are asked to address an OP or supply a source.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk
I've addressed several pieces on the environment, climate change, global warming, etc.
We're destroying the environment. Our rivers, streams, lakes, and oceans. We're destroying the forests, polluting the air and land, and our drinking water is contaminated.
Yes, the climate is changing, and has been changing since the beginning of time, and will continue to change until the end of time.
Yes, there are spots on Earth where the temperature is rising. But, it's been rising since the ice age. Fluctuations in temperatures are nothing new, and soil samples from deep exploratory drilling has revealed variations in temperatures over the past several hundred thousand years.

ummm..... this thread isn't for debating climate change

This thread is for addressing the FAILtrolling of the environment sub-forum & whther anything can be done to remedy it. New rules were blithely ignored by deniers shortly after they were posted so that apparently isn't the answer..

This thread is for addressing the FAILtrolling of the environment sub-forum & whther anything can be done to remedy it. New rules were blithely ignored by deniers shortly after they were posted so that apparently isn't the answer..

Ample warnings and post deletions are being made, It is definitely NOT a one sided problem. It will take time to change the culture in that forum since its been run largely without moderation for a decade.. Was a good decision and there will be follow thru on enforcement.

Gotta remind folks to read the rules closely.. EVERY post in Zone2 is required to address or advance the OP topic. (a couple dancing bananas or a short chuckle might pass occasionally without content)

There is no rule that outright bans flaming. Figure out what that means and how to be part of the solution..
Use you better judgement as to WHY advancing the topic is important in contentious forums.

Since you brought this up. Can you help me out here DotCom.

With the Xenforo SWare, do members see a small note on deleted posts like they did on the old forum?
If not, I can tell you that there pages there from the past couple days with 4 or 8 posts snipped. Pretty equally from both sides of "the debate".

Since you brought this up. Can you help me out here DotCom.

With the Xenforo SWare, do members see a small note on deleted posts like they did on the old forum?
If not, I can tell you that there pages there from the past couple days with 4 or 8 posts snipped. Pretty equally from both sides of "the debate".
I never looked. Wasn't aware of that feature.

Ample warnings and post deletions are being made, It is definitely NOT a one sided problem. It will take time to change the culture in that forum since its been run largely without moderation for a decade.. Was a good decision and there will be follow thru on enforcement.

Gotta remind folks to read the rules closely.. EVERY post in Zone2 is required to address or advance the OP topic. (a couple dancing bananas or a short chuckle might pass occasionally without content)

There is no rule that outright bans flaming. Figure out what that means and how to be part of the solution..
Use you better judgement as to WHY advancing the topic is important in contentious forums.
"part of the solution"? Thats funny. :p Its a denier paradise down there. You crack me up.

"part of the solution"? Thats funny. :p Its a denier paradise down there. You crack me up.

"Solution" meaning making a forum Iinformative and readable so that more folks would participate.. New blood is ALWAYS welcome. On the post deletions.. My memory of the old SWare was that a member would see a one or two line note that the post was deleted and the posters name. Maybe I just dont remember that correctly.

If I had a sock account, I could look. No sock.

No, I don't think it showed up to the regular user crowd.
I remember reading lots of really odd conversations that looked like a member had gone nuts and was arguing with himself only to find out later that the other member's posts were deleted.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

"Solution" meaning making a forum Iinformative and readable so that more folks would participate.. New blood is ALWAYS welcome. On the post deletions.. My memory of the old SWare was that a member would see a one or two line note that the post was deleted and the posters name. Maybe I just dont remember that correctly.

If I had a sock account, I could look. No sock.

It shows up as an alert, but the actual text that was deleted is not portrayed. It's happened to me a couple of times now and then... :D

He does allow tongue....

He does allow tongue....
OMG OMG OMG

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

I wouldn't throw a party just yet. Wait to see if the resident eXtreme denier troll faction are reined in first.

Forum List

Back