Hey Guys, Your Time Has Returned! Really!

so is uncontrolled jungle body hair.

To that end, dress to your body type. If you HAVE uncontrolled jungle body hair, don't wear a tank-top. Never let your neck hair stick out past your shirt's collar.

Waxing is bad, anywhere, unless you're a woman.

Or a cyclist or a swimmer.

If you have a unibrow, and you're a man, do something about it.

Same goes for ear hair

Trucks are trucks. If you need one, drive one. Otherwise, save the gas money and the environment.

...but better a 'new' truck than an 'old' car. A Ford Excursion puts out fewer pollutants than an older Geo Metro.

Owning and/or using a gun doesn't make you more manly.

Right - so just own/use a gun because they are fun.

If you can't hack it outdoors, you suck. Who did a few mosquito bites hurt?

*cough*west nile*cough*

Brown shoes don't go with black suits. In most cases. If you can't match, ask your wife, she can help.

...nor do sneakers go with ANYTHING but athletic wear. Sneakers, Hi-Tops, Running Shoes, and the like should NEVER be worn unless you are about to, or are, or just have been participating in events requiring the footwear. The OTHER vast majority of the time, wear shoes which compliment or finish one's outfit.

Learn how to cook. Everyone. At least three or four dishes. And know how to operate a grill.

...even if you hate cooking, consider it like showering or other proper hygiene. It's mandatory for survival.

Be healthy- I don't care what anyone says, but 'a little pudge' is in no way more desirable than a flat stomach. Having some muscle also helps in a strictly practical sense.

Goes with the first above - Here's your golden rule. Get a pen. Write this down. I'll wait. ..

"Just because the outfit looks good on a MANNEQUIN or Model does NOT mean it will look good on YOU"

Dress to your body type.

Don't start fights just because someone was checking out your wife. Who cares? Its human nature. If its really blatant and consistent, ask politely for him/her to stop (maybe it was a mindless reaction).

Moreover, consider it a compliment. Frankly, I believe it's a good thing if another dude thinks my wife is attractive. It's like saying "Dude, nice car!" except its your 'girl'. Only get nasty if they are visually groping or otherwise being rude in front of her.

Okay two cents from a woman:

Guys, unless you are about to go swimming somewhere, keep your shirt on in public! I mean it. The number of guys I see walking around shirtless, with hairy shoulders, pudge, flabby arms, etc., is almost gagifying.

I repeat: keep your shirt on in public! Chances are you don't look nearly as good as you think you do.

irl-2003-ind-bu-0111.jpg

Abbey Normal said:
Okay two cents from a woman:

Guys, unless you are about to go swimming somewhere, keep your shirt on in public! I mean it. The number of guys I see walking around shirtless, with hairy shoulders, pudge, flabby arms, etc., is almost gagifying.

I repeat: keep your shirt on in public! Chances are you don't look nearly as good as you think you do.

irl-2003-ind-bu-0111.jpg

I must agree here Abby :clap: Although those who have a nice physique should show some shoulder and peck occasionally, like at construction sites :halo:

Hobbit said:
I knew this was coming. That's why I didn't bother shaving my...well anything but my face. I kept spending weekends in the middle of the woods. I kept shooting living things because it was fun. I also think head-butting is probably the coolest thing you can do.

I like guns, vehicles that carry guns, vehicles with large engines, sports, and other manly things. I'm from Arkansas, and I'll be damned if I let NOW neuter me, because I know God made women attracted to men for a reason, and that manly men have been getting chicks for thousands of years. Maybe I'll pass at seeing Steel Magnolias, but if that jerk over there looks at you like that one more time, I'm SOOOOO headbutting him in the face until his nose breaks.

Am I confusing you with someone else, or didn't you say you never had a girlfriend?

D I was laughing out loud reading your post- I think you've got a future in the biz.

Which biz that iz... remains to be seen. Keep up the good work :)

I would never date a man that didn't own a nice looking, good running, manly truck (I'll drive the luxury car, thank you)!!! :tank:

He'll need it to take me camping to show off his survival skills!!!! And, he'll need to take his shirt off when he's chopping the wood for the campfire so I'll get a chance to check out his physique to determine if he's good mating material. :ssex:

I'm definitely into the type of man who can take care of me and our children; must be the "survival of the fittest for the continuation of the species" mind set that's part of my genetic makeup!!
:baby:

I agree with Luv about the control aspect.......I want a man that is capable of being in control as needed, but is also willing to share or defer when needed. We operate from a perspective of not being dependent on, or independent of, each other..........we are interdependent (mutually beneficial). :thup:

PS.......he'll also have to be able to have good debating skills and smart enough to play Scrabble! :laugh:

kurtsprincess said:
I would never date a man that didn't own a nice looking, good running, manly truck (I'll drive the luxury car, thank you)!!! :tank:

He'll need it to take me camping to show off his survival skills!!!! And, he'll need to take his shirt off when he's chopping the wood for the campfire so I'll get a chance to check out his physique to determine if he's good mating material. :ssex:

I'm definitely into the type of man who can take care of me and our children; must be the "survival of the fittest for the continuation of the species" mind set that's part of my genetic makeup!!

I agree with Luv about the control aspect.......I want a man that is capable of being in control as needed, but is also willing to share or defer when needed. We operate from a perspective of not being dependent on, or independent of, each other..........we are interdependent (mutually beneficial). :thup:

PS.......he'll also have to be able to have good debating skills and smart enough to play Scrabble! :laugh:

Made me think and laugh at the same time.... :)

nucular said:
Am I confusing you with someone else, or didn't you say you never had a girlfriend?

Doesn't mean I've never been attracted to someone or had someone else attracted to me. It's just never been mutually strong enough to commit to anything more than friendship. Most people my age look on guys who've never had girlfriends as hopeless losers who suck so much that they can't get a girlfriend. However, that's not true. I've never had a girlfriend because I'm actually looking for a relationship that may turn into a marriage, rather than someone to have around as eye, arm, and lip candy until I get tired of her and decide I want someone else. This means my standards are a little high and that I prefer to know a girl before asking her out...NO BLIND DATES! I've even been set up before, but I usually just tell the girl I don't know her well enough and just want to be friends, at least for now, and the only person who gets mad is the guy who has commented that I "need to get laid" and expects any two reasonably good looking people of the opposite sex to have sex if left alone for more than five minutes.

Hobbit said:
Doesn't mean I've never been attracted to someone or had someone else attracted to me. It's just never been mutually strong enough to commit to anything more than friendship. Most people my age look on guys who've never had girlfriends as hopeless losers who suck so much that they can't get a girlfriend. However, that's not true. I've never had a girlfriend because I'm actually looking for a relationship that may turn into a marriage, rather than someone to have around as eye, arm, and lip candy until I get tired of her and decide I want someone else. This means my standards are a little high and that I prefer to know a girl before asking her out...NO BLIND DATES! I've even been set up before, but I usually just tell the girl I don't know her well enough and just want to be friends, at least for now, and the only person who gets mad is the guy who has commented that I "need to get laid" and expects any two reasonably good looking people of the opposite sex to have sex if left alone for more than five minutes.

Sounds like a classic case of Hopelessloserdom, with a touch of Sucksomuchthatcantgetgirlitis. Take four shots of Cuervo and don't call her in the morning. :cheers2:

-=d=- said:
Frankly, Hobbit...you may be missing out. :(

Often it's those girls guys don't know well enough guys end up marrying :)

I try to get to know them later. After all, my friends thought we'd be a good match for a reason. I just prefer to do so with more talking and less heavy breathing. I can't remember if I said this or not, but when my friends ditch me so my 'date' and I can have some 'alone time,' I lay that out on the table to take off the pressure, since we then both know we won't be locking lips or naked by the end of the night. Once the air is clear and we've both relaxed, we just talk for a while. I've made several good friends this way, and I've even thought about revisiting the dating issue with a few. However, I'm currently away from college, where everyone I know is, so all this stuff is sorta on hold.

Hobbit said:
I try to get to know them later. After all, my friends thought we'd be a good match for a reason. I just prefer to do so with more talking and less heavy breathing. I can't remember if I said this or not, but when my friends ditch me so my 'date' and I can have some 'alone time,' I lay that out on the table to take off the pressure, since we then both know we won't be locking lips or naked by the end of the night. Once the air is clear and we've both relaxed, we just talk for a while. I've made several good friends this way, and I've even thought about revisiting the dating issue with a few. However, I'm currently away from college, where everyone I know is, so all this stuff is sorta on hold.

For what it's worth I admire what you are doing. Don't ever lower your standards and you will attract someone who is your equal.

Blind dates are nature's way of telling you what your friends really think of you. By attempting to "match" you with somebody they think you'll like you end up finding out what their thoughts of you really are. Nothing can ruin a friendship like a really bad blind date.

Hobbit said:
Talk all you want. The chicks on this board are all giving me compliments and rep boosts. :D

High marks from women you talk to on the internet? Well sheesh why didn't you SAY so!? Nevermind, your prognosis is WAY rosier!

P.S. Ever watch homestarrunner? Strong Bad is the player to end all players.

nakedemperor said:
High marks from women you talk to on the internet? Well sheesh why didn't you SAY so!? Nevermind, your prognosis is WAY rosier!

Ah excuse me but what are we chopped liver :spank3: :laugh:

kurtsprincess said:

My wife and I play scrabble almost every night.

Im surprised women dont ask for a guy who has "cleverness" about him more often, being able to size up a situation and deal with it.

Most peoples lists of "absolutes" usually get too long, and get too personal.

I think women who want to have kids should always, ALWAYS check out their prospective hubby and see how he deals with kids. Does he REALLY enjoy them.

Absolutes, or nearly absolute(after all, even convicted serial killers on death row get marriage proposals),

Trim the nose hair
Once you arent anymore, dont dress like you are young and sexy still.

EVERYONE should be more spontaneous at times with their spouse. I surprise the hell out of my wife from time to time.

I once drove her up to a "lookout point" in palos verdes, it overlooks the bay and downtown los angeles, I had it set up so a delivery guy brought a pizza, and I had a portable table, cloth, chairs and all the works for a great meal. We ate under the stars with a great view.

Forum List

Back