Hey frog in Rome....

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Gop guy, Apr 17, 2004.

1. Gop guy

Gop guy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You seem like a very interesting guy. It is a fact that you're government stabbed us in the back, but that's not what I wish to discuss with you. My mother has French in her and so do I. I DESPISE this modern France. Do you know what ruined your once glorious country? Democratic government! As far as I know I am the only person in the world with this view, but the evidence is undeniable. I loved France, when she was royalist! Constitutional monarchy is my favorite form of government and his Imperial Majesty Emperor Napoleon I is my hero. Think back, when you were a monarchy, Europe trembled before your feet with fear and utter respect. Under the glorious Sun King, no one could touch you. You were the military, economic, and cultural superpower of Europe! After him, you remained the force to be reckoned with. Then, Napoleon wed you to Imperial glory, you made your mark on history, he was a truly great man. He was a military genius, a brillant statesman, and a loving father. All empires crumble eventually, that didn't really detract from his greatness. Things went okay for you guys up until you overthrew your last Bourbon King. You have been a nation us whores and snakes ever since. How could you forget what made you great? Think back, and remember. King Juan Carlos I is the current King of Spain and a Bourbon. Your people must beg his forgiveness for what you did to his family and demand he return to his people. The Bonepartes are very sadly all gone, this is the second best thing, it's still pretty damn good. Become the France I loved again! It's the only way for your people to save themselves now.

God bless America and our good President!

2. supermarine

supermarine Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    amen brotha

3. Gop guy

Gop guy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They were so much cooler back then.

4. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    What detracted from Napoleon's greatness was an ill advised jaunt into Imperial Russia. Many a frog froze to death on the steppes of eastern Europe because of old Boni's arrogance.

Unfortunately it was probably the influence of America that kindled the fires of revolution in France. Oh, well. Happy Bastille Day frogs.

5. supermarine

supermarine Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    well napolian certainly did better than the french in wwii

6. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    If you consider Russians in Paris better than Germans in Paris, perhaps. But yes, at least Napoleon, and the French under him, had many a success before their eventual defeat. Napoleon should have quit while he was ahead. Maybe France would be something today.

Bistro! Bistro!

7. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Hitler could have learned from Napolean. Don't attack Russia in the winter.

8. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Don't attack Russia period.

You can try to starve them, they'll eat their shoes, or glue, or each other. You can occupy their cities, they'll burn them down or blow them up. You can destroy their industry, they'll move a thousand miles to the east and start over.

And for what? A frozen wasteland and a bunch of Russians.

9. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Yea. Thats mainly why nukes were invented. To save time on conquering russia.

10. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Actually, you can attak Russia, provided that you're really fast and come from the east instead of the west. That's how the Mongols pulled it off, but then again, they're the only ones.