Herman Cain Sets An Interviewer Straight

He said that he would have "NO" Muslims in his administration.

That sounds like "All" to me.

Cain's words about Muslims are troubling. "No religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States." (Constitution Article VI) He's also perpetuating religious stereotypes. Cain should have known better. If he does get the nomination, you can bet he'll be skewered by the media.

Commitment to the Constitution is not a religious test.

No, it's not, but it appears that Cain is singling out Muslims and, if they are Muslim, asking them whether they support Sharia Law over the Constitution. I like Cain, but he's walking a fine line IMO. I'm hoping you kind folks will set me straight on this issue. At this point, I'm not convinced.

Herman Cain makes too much sense to be President.
You forgot to include the word "non" before the word "sense" in your sentence. :cool:

I know that's partly tongue in cheek. However I truly believe to "fix" our system it would take a complete political outsider with business acumen. Many of Cain's answers I felt were well thoughtout. The key to fixing the financial mess is a scalpel, not a hatchet and Cain seems to be the only one who understands that.
Because he is not part of the political establishment however, unfortunately he has no chance.

I agree with your assessment.

And yes we do need a political outsider to run.

That is the one thing that I admire about Sarah Palin.

But so far the Republicans have not came up with anybody that can beat Obama.

And I am saying this as a fiscal conservative Republican.

Last edited:
Herman Cain makes too much sense to be President.
You forgot to include the word "non" before the word "sense" in your sentence. :cool:

I know that's partly tongue in cheek. However I truly believe to "fix" our system it would take a complete political outsider with business acumen. Many of Cain's answers I felt were well thoughtout. The key to fixing the financial mess is a scalpel, not a hatchet and Cain seems to be the only one who understands that.
Because he is not part of the political establishment however, unfortunately he has no chance.

that might be true if running the U.S. government were a profit-driven business. government has other responsibilities and choices have to be based on what's right for society, not the bottom line.

Cain's words about Muslims are troubling. "No religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States." (Constitution Article VI) He's also perpetuating religious stereotypes. Cain should have known better. If he does get the nomination, you can bet he'll be skewered by the media.

No, it's not, but it appears that Cain is singling out Muslims and, if they are Muslim, asking them whether they support Sharia Law over the Constitution. I like Cain, but he's walking a fine line IMO. I'm hoping you kind folks will set me straight on this issue. At this point, I'm not convinced.

There is no law that says we have to have Muslims in Government. If a Muslim cannot put the Constitution above their own personal beliefs, they have no place in our Government. We are not an Islamic country. Sharia law is not the law of this land. Any Muslim who cannot separate their faith from their role in Government cannot serve in Government.... the same is true for ANY religion.

that might be true if running the U.S. government were a profit-driven business. government has other responsibilities and choices have to be based on what's right for society, not the bottom line.

True. But.... we cannot continue spending more than we earn. The country must be run with some fiscal responsibility. Surely you see that? We cannot spend what we do not have.

When you have jihadist Muslims and those that kill their daughter because they became to westernized,
and those that want Sharia law into the courts, you as the leader of this nation have a right to question their loyalty to the constitution.
We have many past presidents who questioned Russian's about being for our constitution over communism. That was also controversy at the time, but was the right thing to do for our nation.

There is no law that says we have to have Muslims in Government. If a Muslim cannot put the Constitution above their own personal beliefs, they have no place in our Government. We are not an Islamic country. Sharia law is not the law of this land. Any Muslim who cannot separate their faith from their role in Government cannot serve in Government.... the same is true for ANY religion.
Kennedy was a Catholic.

Was he required to put the Constitution above his Catholic beliefs?

Or reject the Vatican's teachings in order to be President?

Kennedy was a Catholic.

Yes he was,at the time when he was running for president that very question did come up about putting his catholic belief before the constitution.
It was quite a debate at the time and he answered it to the satisfaction of the American public and became elected.

Kennedy was a Catholic.

Yes he was,at the time when he was running for president that very question did come up about putting his catholic belief before the constitution.
It was quite a debate at the time and he answered it to the satisfaction of the American public and became elected.
What was his answer?

Kennedy was a Catholic.

What was his answer?

That the constitution comes first and formost.

Kennedy was a Catholic.

Above? No. Separate to.... yes. Your personal beliefs are yours. They have no place in politics.

I couldn't care less what religion anyone chooses to follow.... just as long as it does not influence your role in Government. I certainly would not want you in any US Administration.... because you're a fucking asshole, you're dumber than a post, you're anti-semetic, you believe in stoning women to death for being raped, you support Sharia law to replace our current systems, you want the US to be an Islamic State.... therefore, you are unacceptable to America.

What was his answer?

Link to his answer please.

Thank you in advance. :cool:

Kennedy was a Catholic.

American President: John Fitzgerald Kennedy: Campaigns and Elections
Even more unsettling to many Protestants was the prospect of a Roman Catholic, who might be "controlled" by the Catholic Church, as the nation's President. Kennedy chose to tackle the religious issue openly and directly, giving a series of speeches designed to address any misgivings about his faith and voluntarily subjecting himself to a round of questioning about his views on church-state relations by leading Protestant clergy in Houston. The group's conclusion that they were satisfied with his answers provided a degree of comfort for many non-Catholic voters.​

I couldn't care less what religion anyone chooses to follow.... just as long as it does not influence your role in Government. I certainly would not want you in any US Administration.... because you're a fucking asshole, you're dumber than a post, you're anti-semetic, you believe in stoning women to death for being raped, you support Sharia law to replace our current systems, you want the US to be an Islamic State.... therefore, you are unacceptable to America.
True, I would be unacceptable to your fascist version of America.

Where you would decide who is an American by giving them loyalty tests.

CG if people flunk your loyalty tests.

Will they be sent to re-education camps like they did in communist countries?? :doubt:

I agree that it's goofy to call someone a racist because they don't like Herman Cain or Obama.

But Herman Cain is a bigot against Islam and Muslims.

He said so himself; So there is no doubt he is a prejudiced bigot.

Were we "bigots" against the Japanese and Germans in WWII? Tell me, who wants to kill us and who are we at war with?

Kennedy was a Catholic.

Even more unsettling to many Protestants was the prospect of a Roman Catholic, who might be "controlled" by the Catholic Church, as the nation's President. Kennedy chose to tackle the religious issue openly and directly, giving a series of speeches designed to address any misgivings about his faith and voluntarily subjecting himself to a round of questioning about his views on church-state relations by leading Protestant clergy in Houston. The group's conclusion that they were satisfied with his answers provided a degree of comfort for many non-Catholic voters.​
What "exactly" did he say to convince his unAmerican detractors he could be trusted?

What was his answer?

Link to his answer please.

Thank you in advance. :cool:

John Kennedy-
To address fears that his being Catholic would impact his decision-making, he famously told the Greater Houston Ministerial Association on September 12, 1960, "I am not the Catholic candidate for President. I am the Democratic Party candidate for President who also happens to be a Catholic. I do not speak for my Church on public matters – and the Church does not speak for me." Kennedy questioned rhetorically whether one-quarter of Americans were relegated to second-class citizenship just because they were Catholic, and once stated that, "No one asked me my religion [serving the Navy] in the South Pacific."

I agree that it's goofy to call someone a racist because they don't like Herman Cain or Obama.

Were we "bigots" against the Japanese and Germans in WWII? Tell me, who wants to kill us and who are we at war with?

I haven't really figured that out.

Maybe you could enlighten us. :cool:

I haven't really figured that out.

Maybe you could enlighten us. :cool:

Well, it is apparent you haven't. I'll clue you in. It isn't Irish Catholics, Jews or Shintos.

Kennedy was a Catholic.

What "exactly" did he say to convince his unAmerican detractors he could be trusted?

He probably said, "Sharia law is stupid and barbaric."

Forum List

Back