Here's Your "Green Energy"

No decay but the reservoirs are constantly silting up requiring constant dredging.

Ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

When's the last time Lake Mead was dredged? ... Lake Roosevelt ... maybe you're projecting Lake Powell's problems on all dams ... Lake Powell's problem is all the sandstone in the region ...

Westside in the Pacific NW ... we drain all the reservoirs every fall ... they sit empty all winter long ... our big hydrodams are actually run-of-the-river dams ... just enough reservoirs for shipping traffic is all ...

East of the Rockies, I don't know ... is silting a big problem for TVA? ...

Concrete that has been manufactured already isn't the problem.

It's the manufacturing process for concrete that is the dirtiest part as far as emissions go therefore no environmentalist should be in favor of projects that need tons and tons of new concrete.

No truer words have been spoken ... Nuclear power plants and hydro-dams are extremely carbon-intensive in their construction ... all that limestone cooked at 2,000ºC for hours and hours ... you can see the carbon dioxide rolling off these cement plants ...

There no economical way to remove the mercury locked in the limestone matrix ... so it's just boiled off and sent downwind ...

The odd part is global temperatures went down when all these dams were built ... 1940-1980 was a period of global cooling ... very strange ...

Batteries are recycled ... at least in Blue States ... lead is nasty ...

Why do you think solar panels contain toxic substances? ... studies show that it's the cement footings that are the most toxic part of a solar farm ... the same toxins found in all our residential neighborhoods ... schools ... businesses ... we have cement everywhere in the urban environment ...

Do all frackers use non-toxic fracking fluids? ...

Sorry ... our hydroelectric infrastructure is getting close to 100-years-old now ... with no sign of decay ... is it even imaginable to remove and recycle Hoover and Glen Canyon Dams? ... green energy that works ...

That is like it takes more energy to produce a commercial solar cell than the cell will save in fifteen years.

No truer words have been spoken ... Nuclear power plants and hydro-dams are extremely carbon-intensive in their construction ... all that limestone cooked at 2,000ºC for hours and hours ... you can see the carbon dioxide rolling off these cement plants ...

There no economical way to remove the mercury locked in the limestone matrix ... so it's just boiled off and sent downwind ...

The odd part is global temperatures went down when all these dams were built ... 1940-1980 was a period of global cooling ... very strange ...
CO2 isn't a pollutant.

The old obsolete light water reactors yes

Molten salt reactors do not need all the steel and concrete that LWRs do because they don't have to run at high pressure

CO2 isn't a pollutant.

Where did I say it was? ... CO2 is good for the environment, the greening of the Earth, when plants do better, everything does better ... this spell of global warming is just the thing man needs to start a new Golden Age of the Human Condition ... our great-great-grandchildren will wonder how we got by without cell phones implanted in our brains ... or hover cars ...

Belch that CO2, suckers, I dare ya ...

It's implied in this passage....

Nuclear power plants and hydro-dams are extremely carbon-intensive in their construction ... all that limestone cooked at 2,000ºC for hours and hours ... you can see the carbon dioxide rolling off these cement plants ...

Those are scientific truths ... nothing more ... well, except seeing CO2 ... those are just air density waves, but they're full of carbon dioxide ... I swear ...

What ... do you take me for someone without any formal education in meteorology? ...

Those are scientific truths ... nothing more ... well, except seeing CO2 ... those are just air density waves, but they're full of carbon dioxide ... I swear ...

What ... do you take me for someone without any formal education in meteorology? ...
I understand that....But the Greenie cultists are sure to screech about all that CO2 being released.

Was just clarifying the fact.

If green energy works where you live ... then go ahead and save some money ...

If green energy doesn't work in your area ... don't bother ... it's a waste of money ...

What would Ayn Rand say? ...

Tesla owners laugh at high gas prices while you Trumpists bleat and wail it's all Biden's fault. Oil executives nod approvingly.

Batteries are being recycled daily. I'm invested in companies who do this.
look at how reality played in this odanny loser's head.

Concrete that has been manufactured already isn't the problem.

It's the manufacturing process for concrete that is the dirtiest part as far as emissions go therefore no environmentalist should be in favor of projects that need tons and tons of new concrete.
they'd want steel so blast ovens can smoke forever. hahahahahahahhahahahaha, the demofk's reality is so fking out there, normal minded people just laugh at their loss of reality.

When's the last time Lake Mead was dredged? ... Lake Roosevelt ... maybe you're projecting Lake Powell's problems on all dams ... Lake Powell's problem is all the sandstone in the region ...

Westside in the Pacific NW ... we drain all the reservoirs every fall ... they sit empty all winter long ... our big hydrodams are actually run-of-the-river dams ... just enough reservoirs for shipping traffic is all ...

East of the Rockies, I don't know ... is silting a big problem for TVA? ...

Lake Mead was in need of constant dredging. Silting up is a problem for ALL dams.

Forum List

Back