Here's Your Deregulation You Peons

One thing I've noted is that where someone is using someone else's money they tend to be very courageous in taking on risk.

Ain't that the truth. If I'm implementing a plan that requires serious regulation I hope someone points out to me that the plan might not be so great. There's something really ironic about giving money out for lending to people who most likely can't pay it back. :cuckoo:

Yes, because every lame, unsupportable talking point you've been regurgitating is refuted by the dems in the video.

maybe the cutting and editing appears as such, but the dems in the house passed housing regulations after this chopped up video....

also, president bush was another piece in this puzzle of a mess...

Nehemiah Corporation Salutes President Bush's Initiatives to Promote Home Ownership Among Low to Middle Income Americans | Business Wire | Find Articles at BNET

Expanding Homeownership. The President believes that homeownership is the cornerstone of America's vibrant communities and benefits individual families by building stability and long-term financial security. In June 2002, President Bush issued America's Homeownership Challenge to the real estate and mortgage finance industries to encourage them to join the effort to close the gap that exists between the homeownership rates of minorities and non-minorities. The President also announced the goal of increasing the number of minority homeowners by at least 5.5 million families before the end of the decade. Under his leadership, the overall U.S. homeownership rate in the second quarter of 2004 was at an all time high of 69.2 percent. Minority homeownership set a new record of 51 percent in the second quarter, up 0.2 percentage point from the first quarter and up 2.1 percentage points from a year ago. President Bush's initiative to dismantle the barriers to homeownership includes:
American Dream Downpayment Initiative, which provides down payment assistance to approximately 40,000 low-income families;
Affordable Housing. The President has proposed the Single-Family Affordable Housing Tax Credit, which would increase the supply of affordable homes;
Helping Families Help Themselves. The President has proposed increasing support for the Self-Help Homeownership Opportunities Program; and
Simplifying Homebuying and Increasing Education. The President and HUD want to empower homebuyers by simplifying the home buying process so consumers can better understand and benefit from cost savings. The President also wants to expand financial education efforts so that families can understand what they need to do to become homeowners. Fact Sheet: America's Ownership Society: Expanding Opportunities

The American dream: promoting homeownership ranks high on the Bush administration's priorities.(From The President)(George W. Bush) | Builder | Find Articles at BNET

Can you demonstrate where the dems were taken out of context in the video?

well. these same dudes, passed a bill of regulations for GSE's in the house of reps to regulate them more...so they came away from this hearing learning something or doing a comp;ete flip from the way it appears, i can only logically presume it has been spun...with the clips or partial showing of them...

[youtube]_MGT_cSi7Rs[/youtube]
You keep crying and crying and crying "DEREGULATION DID THIS!"

OK, let's hang the bastards who propped-up the corporate fat cats.

Just from watching the video it appears that sheer incompetence played a major role on the part of those(CEOs, Managers, Supervisors etc etc... directly responsible in the Freddi Mac~Fanny Mae debacle...However its nothing really new,,, tax payers have been bailing out and paying for handout companys like this since the early 1960s...If you look deep into the video and pay close attention to those in question, it will all become to clear. If!!!, Obama's voted in, before the end of his first term, itll be a total crash(medium of exchange, stock market, both pirvate and government), you'll have all ready been pillaged and plundered...Itll make this little fender bender look like a picknic walk in the park...mark it down........

Liberals, it has been said, are generous with other peoples' money, except when it comes to questions of national survival when they prefer to be generous with other people's freedom and security.
William F. Buckley, Jr.

Last edited:
Just from watching the video it appears that sheer incompetence played a major role on the part of those(CEOs, Managers, Supervisors etc etc... directly responsble in the Freddi Mac~Fanny Mae debacle...However its nothing really new,,, tax payers have been bailing out and paying for handout companys like this since the early 1960s...If you look deep into the video and pay close attention to those in question, it will all become to clear. If!!!, Obama's voted in, before the end of his first term, itll be a total crash(medium of exchange, stock market, both pirvate and government), you'll have all ready been pillaged and plundered...Itll make this little fender bender look like a picknic walk in the park...mark it down........

Liberals, it has been said, are generous with other peoples' money, except when it comes to questions of national survival when they prefer to be generous with other people's freedom and security.
William F. Buckley, Jr.
Buckley was right

Yes, because every lame, unsupportable talking point you've been regurgitating is refuted by the dems in the video.

Because of your perceptiveness you'd know that I don't use talking points. I come up with my own bullshit all by myself, I don't need no steenking help :D

Seriously though, I prefer to think for myself, I'm not one for following a script.

How about you?

Ah, yes, the good old Republican Ownership Society. What a lovely thing it has turned out to be, and so aptly named.

If you see any of these names on your ballot this fall, you know what to do!

Keep the smart ones and dump the idiots - without any regard to party skin color!

-Joe

Ah, yes, the good old Republican Ownership Society. What a lovely thing it has turned out to be, and so aptly named.

sounds to me like a Democrat ownership thing. We go earn the money and ACORN steals it.. go figure. Whose 700 billion dollars are we talking about? Exactly?

Forum List

Back