Here kitty, kitty

nycflasher

Apr 15, 2004
CT
So some "clever" folks from Ogilvy & Mather's London office created an ad for Ford's Sportka, a little car that is supposed to compete with Ka. The Sportka is billed as "The Ka's Evil Twin."

Well, the client rejected the ad.
After watching it, you'll understand why.
My only question is: what which stupid fuck came up with this idea and actually wasted money producing it? Did they actually think it would get aired?

It has created a huge buzz on the internet, however.

front.jpg

Here's a link to the video: here kitty,kitty

Originally posted by gop_jeff
OMG!!!!!

WTF?!?!?

I've been wondering for the past couple of hours if this was never meant to be aired on TV but to be distributed on the web.

No TV station would ever air it I don't think, but think of all the publicity the car could get on the web.

Apparently this video has been getting an EXTREMELY large amount of hits.

I don't want to watch it again. Who the hell does that for a car commercial?!? I'm no animal rights supporter but that's one person I would like to beat with a 2x4!! :mad:

makes ya wonder if they really rejected it..... the ad is probably getting more attention on the net from their core (target) audience than it would have received on TV. I am betting they are targeting the under 25 crowd....

just a thought.

It was funny as hell though!

Originally posted by fuzzykitten99
I prefer to support my own country's economy and laborers, thank you. I would rather die than purchase a foreign made OTHER than BMW & Mercedes.

My Toyota was made in Toledo in a factory about 2 hrs from my house.

Besides, Japan is an economic satellite.

Originally posted by nycflasher
So some "clever" folks from Ogilvy & Mather's London office created an ad for Ford's Sportka, a little car that is supposed to compete with Ka. The Sportka is billed as "The Ka's Evil Twin."

Well, the client rejected the ad.
After watching it, you'll understand why.
My only question is: what which stupid fuck came up with this idea and actually wasted money producing it? Did they actually think it would get aired?

It has created a huge buzz on the internet, however.

front.jpg

Here's a link to the video: here kitty,kitty

OMG WTF! That poor cat! Shit's sick man.

Originally posted by Gop guy
OMG WTF! That poor cat! Shit's sick man.

Yep, and drawing alot of hype.
Ford will deny responsibility for the "rejected" TV ad and then enjoy all the free publicity they're getting on the internet.

Anything goes, these days.

Some clever editing there, making it look like the cat did actually...

Here's a question. That whole sunroof thing, are they trying to say that theirs is particularly high-tech or something? I wonder if the car has bulletproof glass and an RPG launcher, too:rolleyes:

Looks like a fucking Yugo! Ha-ha-ha.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Or Korean! Kias are some of the cheapest cars out there. Mine has 56,000 miles and still runs like new.

Factor gas, insurance, price of parts and depreciation/appreciation and the cheapest cars are old 60s-70s american muscle cars or trucks.

I should know, I have 3. :D

I prefer to support my own country's economy and laborers, thank you. I would rather die than purchase a foreign made OTHER than BMW & Mercedes.

BMW & Mercedes vs Toyota and Honda.
Hmm, anyone else notice how the major car manufacturers are the Axis Powers from WWII :p

I studying languages at uni and after 2 and a half years someone asked if I was doing those languages because of an interest in WWII. Nope, it is for the business.

And Japan isn't a satellite economy. It is the #2 world economy, built from scratch post-WWII. Americas economy was well set up with the war reparations and bonds post-WWII and has a much larger population base.

Forum List

Back