Here is a link to the US Constitution. Seems right wingers think protest is unpatriotic.

Discussion in 'US Constitution' started by deanrd, Nov 23, 2018.

1. deanrd

deanrd BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,540
    Constitution of the United States - We the People

(Preamble)
    We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

---------------------

I keep hearing Republicans on the USMB complain that liberals protest. That liberals should just shut up.

So here is the constitution, the bill of rights and all the amendments.

So when Republicans on the USMB make their strange and weird comments, hopefully, they look it up first and stop providing such rich and humorous material for the rest of the world to laugh at.

It's better to debate from a position of knowledge than be driven by delusion, racism and hate. I'm pretty sure I'm right.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,854
    We on the right—Republicans, conservatives whatever—have no problem with legitimate protest. Freedoms of speech, assembly, and petition are explicitly affirmed in the First Amendment, and have our full blessing,

The entire problem is that those of you on the left wrong, take “protest” way beyo9nd peaceful assembly and speech. You take it to include blocking streets and public rights of way, looting, violence, and destruction. You engage in outright criminal behavior, under the guise of “protest”. Yes, of course, we sane, law-abiding people have a big problem with that. And there is nothing in the Constitution that backs yoru side up on this matter. Engaging in criminal activity for a political cause is still engaging in criminal activity.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Billy_Kinetta

Billy_Kinetta Paladin of the Lost Hour Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52,301
    I have no problem with you people protesting stuff. It's often the best comedy of the day.

Indeed. That's why you people most often sound like blithering idiots.

4. Billy_Kinetta

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52,301
    Precisely. "Your rights end where mine begin." If you block my car or throw a brick at it, there could be an accident with casualties. :113:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. deanrd

deanrd BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,540
    And who decides what's "legitimate"? Your kind?

No thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. deanrd

deanrd BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,540
    The words are too big, right? That's why you don't understand?

OK, I'll try to keep it "simple". So simple even a simpleton would understand.

7. Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,854
    Thats' where having a conscience comes in.

Most of us understand that impairing the freedom of uninvolved third parties, obstructing their ability to go about their own business in peace, is wrong.

Most of us understand that stealing or destroying other's property is wrong.

Most of us understand that committing acts of violence, causing injury and death to others, is wrong.

Most of us understand that the above behaviors are wrong and illegal, and that those who engage in them are criminals who should be treated as such.

And most of us understand that claiming a political cause for engaging in any of the above behaviors does not make them any less criminal, or any more legitimate.

If you engage in any of the above behavior as a means of “protest”, that does not make you a legitimate protester; it only makes you a criminal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. deanrd

deanrd BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,540
    Conscience? When did the right developed one of those? I truly believe they see having a conscience as another wild liberal theory.

Right wingers spent 8 years under Reagan, 8 under Bush and now 2 under Trump looting the nation. So I can never understand this "free stuff" mantra. The rich Republicans loot the nation, poor Republicans get the most welfare.

A misdemeanor is hardly "criminal". Or every j-walker would be a criminal.

Lynching, murdering gays, wanting to murder gays, child marriage, are all the very foundation of the Republican Party. Most like to think of themselves as "Confederates".

Violence. Hilarious. Trump and the right shows us the true meaning of the word "violence".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Billy_Kinetta

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52,301
    You are adept at "simple", beyond even your own understanding.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  10. deanrd

deanrd BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,540
    It’s just seems that way because Republicans have only one response. Denial.