Hepatitis A Outbreak 2016

dpr112yme

Jul 1, 2016
iu

The Hawaii Department of Health (HDOH) is continuing to investigate a cluster of hepatitis A infections in the state.

On August 15, 2016, HDOH identified raw scallops served at Genki Sushi restaurants on Oahu and Kauai as a likely source of the ongoing outbreak. The product of concern is Sea Port Bay Scallops (Wild Harvest, Raw Frozen) that originated in the Philippines (states “Product of the Philippines” on the box), distributed by Koha Oriental Foods and True World Foods. As a result, HDOH ordered this product embargoed (not to be sold, purchased, or consumed) throughout the state, and the temporary closure of all Genki Sushi restaurants on Oahu and Kauai. The scallops received by True World Foods have not been distributed to any restaurants in the state, and were embargoed at their warehouse. The scallops served at Genki locations on the Big Island and Maui originated from a different supplier and have not been associated with the outbreak.

_________________________________________________________________________________________-

Eating foods without having them cooked is dangerous.

you do know how hepatitis A is received, right? it is through fecal/oral avenues.

Hepatitis A Transmission
Hepatitis A transmission typically occurs through what is known as "fecal-oral transmission." If an uninfected person puts something in the mouth that has been contaminated with the stool of an infected person, even if it looks clean, infection can occur. Common modes of hepatitis A transmission include consuming contaminated food or water, sharing contaminated utensils, and sexual contact with an infected person.

Hepatitis A Transmission

Any aged children can also get Hepatitis A by not having their linens, toys, clothes, washed properly after their defecations.. Or even not having any of the objects, including their own hands and feet, washed from defecations. Even family pet defecations. Or even any visitor's fecal tainted objects. If a person does not wash his/her hands after fecal matter gets onto the hands, the person could leave Hepatitis A virus upon all things he/she touches. And if a baby touches that particular object then inserts his/her hands into his/her mouth, the baby could become infected with Hepatitis A.

Last edited:
So the above article about Hepatitis A through scallops is because some person working on the factory side had contaminated the scallops with fecal matter somehow. And I guess we could all go out and get Hepatits vaccinations since many of the others don't want to present themselves clean to others.

Getting vaccinations because other people cannot take proper care of themselves. This is true even of sexual encounters. How many diseased Americans are there that don't care if they spread their diseases around? And diseases does not have to be physical,, it could be mental, emotional and spiritual...

So i guess the attitude of the disease spreader would be, 'if you don't like it, join in or get vaccinated.'

Haven't you heard what people are saying nowdays?

#1: God doesn't care if you are bringing your gay lovers into your parents and/or grandparents' home.
#2: I am going to bring the whole world down because the whole world deceived me and that is why I am going to die of an STD.
#3: It is okay if your son wants be your daughter and be treated as such.
#4: It is not wrong to have lustful desires to underage children (below 18), if you are still able to function normally during the day. (DSM V)
#5: It is okay to talk to people who are not there.

23 Parents Describe Their Kids’ Creepy Imaginary Friends (That Are Probably Actually Demons)

Yupppp. Just when you thought you were ready for poopy diapers and drippy noses and no sleep ever again–the REAL reason having kids is so terryfing: they are fucking creepers. A mom asked Reddit users to share the scariest thing their kids have ever said about their imaginary friends. See you at the bottom.

screen-shot-2013-12-11-at-3-16-01-pm.png

Last edited:
Are only the Narcissists the ones who think this kind of stuff is freaky?

And unfortunately, if you are NOT on the side for God, then you are on the side of the disease spreaders.

What are the effects of noise pollution?

bullet.jpg
Effects on general health
Health effects of noise include anxiety and stress reaction and in extreme cases fright. The physiological manifestations are headaches, irritability and nervousness, feeling of fatigue and decreases work efficiency. For example, being pounded by the siren of fire fighters, police or ambulance in your city all night everyday leave people (especially elderly people) stresses and tired in the morning.

Killing whales in Southern CA: U.S. Navy uses lethal sonar Killing whales in Southern CA: U.S. Navy uses lethal sonar - Broowaha

1635.jpg

Killing With Sound: What Happens When the Whales Stop Singing? Killing With Sound: What Happens When the Whales Stop Singing? | Huffington Post

There are no noise-cancelling headphones to stop the U.S. Navy’s 235-decibel pressure waves of unbearable pinging and metallic shrieking. At 200 Db, the vibrations can rupture your lungs, and above 210 Db, the lethal noise can bore straight through your brain until it hemorrhages that delicate tissue. If you’re not deaf after this devastating sonar blast, you’re dead.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Can anyone see the necessity for such things as 'lethal sonar?' Can anyone see the necessity for such things as 'nuclear warheads?'

Noise, really loud noise in fact, might the next weapon of the future.

The U.S. military has developed a sound gun that sends off a 130 decibel rumble, according to a report by Defense One. Named the Laser-Induced Plasma Effect (LIPE), the weapon will be tested by American forces in the coming months.

LIPE manipulates matter and energy to create sounds which are precisely directed at a target.

The sound is created when the weapon fires energy in spurts that last around a billionth of a second. The energy fired creates a ball of plasma by separating electrons and nuclei when it reaches the target, which could be a person, object, or a designated space. Sound is formed when the plasma ball meets pulses of laser energy without any trace of where it came from.

U.S. Military Developing Non-Lethal Noise Gun

Sonic and ultrasonic weapons (USW) are weapons of various types that use sound to injure, incapacitate, or kill an opponent. Some sonic weapons are currently in limited use or in research and development by military and police forces. Others exist only in the realm of science fiction. Some of these weapons have been described as sonic bullets, sonic grenades, sonic mines, or sonic cannons. Some make a focused beam of sound or ultrasound; some make an area field of sound Sonic weapon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And so, let's go on to the next question. Would YOU be able to freely 'forgive' those, who in places of authority or even in places of non-authority, used any forms of weapons against you or someone you loved for their experimental or fun purposes?

And the reason why I ask is this. One day, you may have to decide; either here on earth or in front of God's presence.

How much meth did you use?

how much meth did you use?
I used meth for 7 years and I never could understand why someone would do that much. I hear people say that used $100.00 in one day and to me that is crazy. that would last me 2 weeks. When I used coke I would do $100.00 in a day but that was coke that's why I started doing meth it would last a long time. Even the last time I used I got a t after 4 days I still had a lot I really am not understanding why you would need that much in a day for what. Is it the way you use or your body because after 7 years you would thank that I would need more.
Replies...

Re: how much meth did you use?
23+ years and here's where you might end up.
I slammed around .50- .75 per shot. every 5 hours or so .

imlostinky Re: how much meth did you use?
I've done a gram in one day
I don't know if it is because it wasn't working like it should or if it was because I was just brain damaged.
Either way I am just happy I don't do any today.
Glad I survived to get to this day.

le grumps Re: how much meth did you use? When I started, it was about 1/4 gram per day. I was still able to "sleep" (or at least pretend to), go to work, be an activist, and do a lot of mentally demanding things very well.

At my worst, I was using a teener a day. (1.75 grams)

I was utterly incoherent by that point. The only time I felt any clarity was when I was getting that rush. The rest of the time I felt like I was stuck in a giant washing machine, whirling around.

Gross.
Paws

from hell Re: how much meth did you use? 23+ years and here's where you might end up.
I slammed around .50- .75 per shot. every 5 hours or so .
BentBut
No

tBroken1 Re: how much meth did you use? The more you use, the more "tolerance" your body builds up, thus-more is needed to achieve the high. That's the body's end of it anyhow & no two bodies are the same either. Personal choice and other influencing factors (peers, environment, etc.) probably play in to increased or higher usage rates as well.

6 short months was all, Thank God (and finding KCI). As far as actual amounts, I have no clue as I didn't own scales nor pay for mine-I stole it from my friend who used-sad fact but I also did it for reasons I hoped would scare the pants off him and encourage his quitting to occur sooner than it did. I know the first pipe I used was about 7" long and had a quarter-sized bowl...pretty much I'd use 10 "slivvers" and that lasted for a few weeks with daily hits for 2 months. Then it went to many times a day. Then I got my "baby-bam" pipe--tiny, 4" long, small bowl & hit harder when heated. I doubt I even used more than a pea-sized rock per day in 6 months.

For me, that was too much, period. I still functioned all day and no one knew I used. It has sent me into a full relapse of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromalgia in addition to the dopamine shortage and sleep problems. It makes me nauseous just typing this.
ROSE

NINA Re: how much meth did you use?

Re: how much meth did you use? I Used on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday all the way through Saturday. I Used when I was already high, I definitely used when i wasn't. I used when I was happy, excited, to celebrate, and to party, I used when I was mad, sad, when my heart was broken, when I got a job and when I lost one, I used when things were going great, and more when it wasn't..... i used first thing in the morning - and late late late late at night - and any time in between. I used inside, I used outside, I used in many a bathroom, including public, I used on Holidays, and birthdays, and any day I could ..... I used and I used.... and I used and then I used some more ........
Until the day came - and all the using had broken me - inside .... when no matter how much dope I put in me - the hole inside me that it used to fill just remained empty - and raw ....... I used until - I finally wanted to be sober MORE then I wanted to use.

scorpio Re: how much meth did you use?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Getting addicted to meth trying it once

Getting addicted to meth trying it once

Re: They say you never use Meth just once... I for one used meth for so many years because it brings me clarity of mind. It helps me concentrate. Something I have a very hard time doing without it.

I self medicated. I belive I have adhd and that was one way that I could concentrate on something for longer than 15 seconds.

Then before I knew it, I needed meth to wake up in the morning. If I didn't use I couldn't get out of bed. Never did I realize that it would only take a week of pain and torment to be able to laugh again.

Quiting dope is far from easy... And it's an ongoing battle. But all it takes is the will to do better for yourself. But that is hard to come by when the world feels like it is crashing down on you if you aren't high.

Why can't meth users smile? Because the only thing that tickles their brain is another hit of dope. Nothing else can compare to that next hit.

Real life things like playing with your kids, or going out to a movie are viewed as anoyances to a user. They are viewed as just another thing that's gettin in their way and delaying their next hit.

Sfj Re: They say you never use Meth just once...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I tried it once.
Didn't like it.
End of story.

Funny how it seems that the addicts say they feel, act, funciton, better while on meth; my kid included.

So what is it with this stuff that some try it and DON'T LIKE the high?

TnSkye Re: They say you never use Meth just once...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

How Long Does Meth Stay in the System?
How long does meth stay in the body, and how long can it be detected?

• Plasma half-life = 12-34 hours. This means that by 12-34 hours, the concentration of meth in your blood will be reduced in half.
  • Time to leave the body = 2-10 days. Generally, the heavier the user, the longer it will take for meth to leave the body.
  • Effects of meth use = 8-24 hours.1
  • Detection in urine tests = up to 72 hours

What Factors Affect the Length of Time That Meth Is Detectable in Your Body?
  • How often you use meth.
  • Your dose at last use.
  • The functionality of your kidneys and liver.
  • The type of test used to detect the drug.
Health Effects of Meth Abuse
Immediate effects of methamphetamine abuse may include:

• Increased energy.
  • Feelings of euphoria.
  • Sweating.
  • Excessive talking.
  • Diminished appetite.
  • Teeth grinding.

• Itching.
  • Disordered thought.
  • Dry mouth.
  • Mood changes.
  • Nausea and vomiting.
  • Diarrhea.
Abusing meth may also increase your long-term risks of:

• Early death.
  • Heart disease.
  • Communicable diseases.
  • Possible neurotoxicity.
  • Methamphetamine-induce psychosis – including paranoia, hallucinations and delusions.
  • Cognitive deficits – affecting memory, information processing, language and motor skills.
  • “Abstinence syndrome” – including poor concentration, insomnia, irritability, psychomotor retardation and anhedonia (being unable to feel pleasure).
How Long Does Meth Stay in Your System?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How A Meth Addict Thinks And Feels

My respect for Meth and the potential it carries is incomprehensible. This addiction is unlike anything imaginable and must be distinguished from the addictions of other drugs. The way that this addiction can overpower someone, hidden without any warnings or signs while engulfing them with its rapid triumph is indescribable. It happened to me and was unlike anything I've ever dreamed of. It does this in a way where the victim is unaware of and has no defense capability whatsoever. By filling you pride, well-being, happiness, determination, and a huge self-esteem that the person is willing to protect by all means more than ever before. Mainly this is what meth has attacked you with. While you are feeling better then ever before, not realizing that you actually falling, and in a sense becoming a different person, with a different personality, a whole new character, while the true you is still present, but being locked up behind a barrier that prevents any and all of your former morals, personalities, and beliefs from playing any roles within this new person. Like a glass wall leaving you at times able to see thru and sometimes feel from what you used to be, but never able to penetrate. It's when you have your first experience with the feelings of your former self, which rarely happens, and for some, may never happen, that you first realize you are addicted. By that time, my friends, it is too late! Since whatever you may have experienced is so brief and is quickly attacked and taken down by your new character's protected self-esteem in a fast, unnoticeable, and happily acceptable way, you are left with something that you have already forgotten. Soon after it all becomes just another example of how extremely well your new personality can protect itself from any threats to the truth, the fact that you are under control of this power called crystal. All advice, care, suggestions, or observations from other people will be denied and angrily refused because of this entirely different person that you have became and are totally unaware of. This is why people that are actively using the drug are more or less helpless, they are a robot being controlled by crystal and they hold a shield that will prevent any person from coming close to them and that keeps outside help far away since the person filled with false security and are 200% convinced that nothing at all is wrong.

The reason for this is not a simple one because it has many tricks up it's sleeve.

The first one (which it does right from the get go) is making you feel like it has improved you and your whole life immensely. It has you believing that you are a much better person than you were before taking it. It makes you feel happy and you enjoy doing everything, and life is grand. For some people, it takes a little longer to be convinced and then others won't be convinced at all - but not many.

Trick number two will be convincing you that you don't need anyone or anything else but it. Nothing is more important than it. It will very quietly sneak up behind you and start manipulating situations so you start spending more and more time doing things for it. At the same time, without you realizing what's happening, it starts to alienate you from your friends and family. There is no room for them in your new and improved life nor do you have the time to really worry about it. You'll be so preoccupied and detached from your feelings that you'll even be somewhat glad that everyone you know is staying away from you. At least you won't have to deal with them for awhile.

Last edited:
‘I was a vice cop… and a meth addict’
Allison Moore joined the Maui Police Department when she was 23 years old and quickly climbed the ranks to narcotics vice cop. By day, she conducted investigations into big-time meth dealers and partnered up with the DEA, flying on helicopters looking for illegal drug activity. But nobody knew that she had a secret — she was a meth addict herself. Moore’s memoir, “Shards,” comes out April 22. She tells The Post’s Kate Storey her tale . . .

It’s 6 a.m. and I’m parked in my patrol car on a dark, quiet, suburban street in Wailuku, Maui. Dressed in my crisp blue police uniform and my bulky green vice vest, with my bright blond hair pulled into a ponytail, I get out of the car with my team of two fellow officers to apprehend my target — a middle-aged Filipino meth user.

Police Officers on Meth Police Officers on Meth

lethal sonar testings on marine mammals?? what for? human beings are dying from man made meth in America. We could use that money for meth recovery instead of marine mammal experimenting.

All I can see as the result of sonar machines of death is more 'pride' in the American Military.

Why is there such a fascination with 'killing' machines?

Forming some kind of instrument that can 'cast steel lined' nets would be more in line with prevention rather than killing.

As for overseas, desert, and air and water military tactics, I think we have all that is needed as it is now.

Instead of dropping the bombs, they can drop the nets...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back