Hendrix

You can even stick Bieber's name on the bottom of the picture, and people still won't talk about him.

That pretty much says it all in a nutshell.

mebbe it's 'cause his name is misspelled...?

You should be ashamed for knowing that! I didn't know it. lol!

I don't know jack shit about the guy, except for his ridiculous hair style...

I merely happen to know the way German phonetics work...

eta: ;-)

Last edited:
Talk about perspective...

hendrix.jpg

'nother thing I noticed about the pic...

the photo is apparently mirrored from the original...

extra points for you if you can tell me why... :)

hendrix.jpg

He's left-handed, and the pistol is aimed to be pulled from the right.

reminds me of another side note: I took my kids on a weeks-long road trip back in the Summer of '95...

while staying at a campground in Renton, Washington (just south of Seattle), we learned that the cemetery where Jimi was buried was just across the street where we were boarding our dog...

so my kids and I payed a visit... (both kids wanted to go... I'd raised 'em to appreciate the classic triumvirate... Hendrix, Zepp, Floyd...)

while standing there before Jimi's grave, I asked my kids if either of them could tell me what was wrong with the gravestone... my daughter (then 15 years old) said "the guitar's pointing the wrong way"... and indeed it was, pointing in the right-handed position...

Last edited:
meh... I coulda seen Hendrix perform live in concert, but passed on the opportunity...

friend of mine who worked part-time at the local radio station borrowed my copy of "Are You Experienced" to make a promo tape for a Hendrix concert in New Orleans...

after he gave me the album back, I took it home and put it on the turntable... and discovered he'd completely fucked up a coupla tracks... I called him up and chewed him out for fuckin' up the album, and even more for being too chickenshit to straight-out tell me he'd done it when he returned the album to me...

he offered me a coupla comp tickets to make up for it... but I was so pissed I told him to stick the tickets where the sun don't shine...

I've regretted it ever since...

I've seen Hendrix live 3 times. The first time he was passed out on the flood at the Leary Mansion in Millbrook NY. My High school senior classes funded most of the prom with a live concert. We had the Doors in 67 and the next class had Hendrix in 68. And I saw him, of course, at Woodstock.

hendrix.jpg

That's idiotic.

Even if mirrored; the pistol would still be on the same right handed side of him; just reversed.

Plus, I doubt the pistol and holster are his personal items; most likely just a photo prop.

And yes, everyone already knows he was a lefty. :cool:

Last edited:

That's idiotic.

Even if mirrored; the pistol would still be on the same right handed side of him; just reversed.

Plus, I doubt the pistol and holster are his personal items; most likely just a photo prop.

lol... you're even sicker than I am in terms of thinking things through too much...

plus you're completely wrong about the "mirrored" thing...

meh... I coulda seen Hendrix perform live in concert, but passed on the opportunity...

friend of mine who worked part-time at the local radio station borrowed my copy of "Are You Experienced" to make a promo tape for a Hendrix concert in New Orleans...

after he gave me the album back, I took it home and put it on the turntable... and discovered he'd completely fucked up a coupla tracks... I called him up and chewed him out for fuckin' up the album, and even more for being too chickenshit to straight-out tell me he'd done it when he returned the album to me...

he offered me a coupla comp tickets to make up for it... but I was so pissed I told him to stick the tickets where the sun don't shine...

I've regretted it ever since...

I've seen Hendrix live 3 times. The first time he was passed out on the flood at the Leary Mansion in Millbrook NY. My High school senior classes funded most of the prom with a live concert. We had the Doors in 67 and the next class had Hendrix in 68. And I saw him, of course, at Woodstock.

well, of course you're a lucky duck...

I have to content myself with having had my socks knocked off by Janis... :lol:

I would give my eye tooth to have been there when Hendrix first met Roger Daltry of the Who.
Daltry was an ass, always was - at the time the Who were giants among midgets.
Daltry was furious that Hendrix was in line to play after the Who, giving Hendrix top billing.
They changed it, Hendrix found out of course and went to see Daltry and told him to either change it back or he will play like he has never played before and whip the crowd into a frenzy and walk off the stage.
They changed it back.
In the end, Hendrix for the first time set his guitar on fire mimicking and upstaging Pete Townsend.

that was at Monterey.......and it was between Hendrix and Townsend.....they both were going to destroy their guitars so each one wanted to be first.....so they flipped a coin....Pete won, the Who went on first.....as history showed us it worked well for both of them.....Townsend still has Jimi's burnt Guitar in a case on his wall.....

Justin time.

My brother met the James. Mark was an ironworker in NJ back in the ought 60's. He walked 8" I-beams 60 stories high. He told me they never went to work when they weren't stoned on weed.

A friend took him to a recording studio, and the rest is... history.

BTW- I'm left handed, just like Hendrix.

Justin time.

My brother met the James. Mark was an ironworker in NJ back in the ought 60's. He walked 8" I-beams 60 stories high. He told me they never went to work when they weren't stoned on weed.

A friend took him to a recording studio, and the rest is... history.

BTW- I'm left handed, just like Hendrix.

BTW - me too. :)

I would give my eye tooth to have been there when Hendrix first met Roger Daltry of the Who.
Daltry was an ass, always was - at the time the Who were giants among midgets.
Daltry was furious that Hendrix was in line to play after the Who, giving Hendrix top billing.
They changed it, Hendrix found out of course and went to see Daltry and told him to either change it back or he will play like he has never played before and whip the crowd into a frenzy and walk off the stage.
They changed it back.
In the end, Hendrix for the first time set his guitar on fire mimicking and upstaging Pete Townsend.

that was at Monterey.......and it was between Hendrix and Townsend.....they both were going to destroy their guitars so each one wanted to be first.....so they flipped a coin....Pete won, the Who went on first.....as history showed us it worked well for both of them.....Townsend still has Jimi's burnt Guitar in a case on his wall.....
Jimi could sing, chew gum, and play guitar, at the same time, see 'Wild Thing.'

I was born on Jimi's birthday, and I learned to play guitar, left or right-handed.

The WHO was taking surveillance-feed from the US, like a lot of groups from NATO nations, to make Who's Next and subsequent hits. Roger Daltry left the goup for awhile, to return, saying all he really wanted, was to play the songs of Pete Townshend, but Pete was a plagiarist. Get a clue, about other groups, with lead singer troubles, Nugent, Guns, Pistols, Halen.

See The WHO at Kilburn, 1977. At the end of the show, Pete Townshend throws down his Les Paul, and the guitar sync track keeps playing; The WHO also used organ tracks, in concert. But some bands (Journey, etc.) use note-for-note studio tracks, over the P.A. Don't pay the faking bitches, AC-ZZ in rock, funk, punk, etc.; screw the RIAA.

There won't be another Jimi. If some kid gets good, the NSA will nail him, and fine-tune his surveillance, with as many corporations, as that takes, AT&T, music corps., and all.

Rock is dead.

Forum List

Back