Helping Syrian refugees

UN Refugee Agency - USA for UNHCR

No matter what your political beliefs are, there are hundreds of thousands of refugees who need our help.

Andrew Harper appeared on The Daily Show last night. You can still catch a re-run later to day on the comedy channel or you can see the interview here -

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - Political Comedy - Fake News | Comedy Central

I hope you will join me in helping these poor people who have been forced from their homes by the monstrous actions of Assad.

first ask yourself this question. Would there be all these refugees if Obama didn't promote and support the Arab Spring? which one of these countries, Egypt, Libya, Syria is better off today? which one of them is now a better ally to the USA? How has this made the region more stable?

Don't you understand? Popularly elected fundamentalist dictators are like, super way better than these leftover dictators from the last millennium. Facilitating sudden power vacuums to give rise to these new dictatorships is the greatest moral service that we as Americans should feel obligated to give to the world. Especially when that facilitation involves the use of indiscriminate violence (bombs) to punish the use of indiscriminate violence.

We must accept that it is morally wrong for these profiteering dictators of days past to oppress their people for their own personal, financial gain. The morally correct form of mass oppression comes in the form of religious dictates. If your motive is Allah, your oppression is righteous because Islam is your religion and your culture, and everyone's religion and culture is to be respected. We have to stop being racist and help the Islamic fundamentalists achieve the freedom to oppress who they want to oppress without having to shoulder the oppression of the less devout.

No matter what your political beliefs are, there are hundreds of thousands of refugees who need our help.

Andrew Harper appeared on The Daily Show last night. You can still catch a re-run later to day on the comedy channel or you can see the interview here -

I hope you will join me in helping these poor people who have been forced from their homes by the monstrous actions of Assad.

i'm just curious. Who initiated this conflict over in syria? did assad just start attacking his people? or did they rise up in revolt against him?

i'm just curious. Who initiated this conflict over in syria? did assad just start attacking his people? or did they rise up in revolt against him?

Lol! That's one of my favorite points to this whole thing. You ask people in this country who their favorite president is, and most will say JFK. Second to that is Abe Lincoln.

If Assad is evil for killing tens of thousands of his people to keep power when a revolt started, then Abe Lincoln was one of the most evil men the American people ever had to bear as a leader or an enemy. The revolt that he put down at the cost of many more lives than the Syrian civil war has taken wasn't even an attempt to remove him from power. At least Assad can honestly say that if he didn't fight back the opposition would kill him. They'd probably knife his rectum up in the back of a rusted out pickup like Ghadaffi. Abe could make no such claim, so how evil was he?

Not arguing that Assad's a good guy, mind you. The guy's a despot by all accounts and there's plenty of other shit to hold against him. Nevertheless, simply firing back at people trying to kill you doesn't make you evil.

There's plenty of evidence floating around that the CIA was complicit in fomenting unrest in Syria. Our current threats the bomb them has certainly sent more of them heading for cover.

Many of the local churches around here have been helping Christian refugees from the ME for decades now, since the Lebanese genocides, Indonesian genocides that are still ongoing despite almost total MSM blackouts, Darfur refugees, and are trying to get aid to some 2 million Syrian refugees and Coptic refugees, and will soon be dealing with even more millions of victims of Islamic 'peace and tolerance'' in Africa.

Sorry, don't have enough resources to bother with Muslim refugees, too busy with their favorite victims at the moment, not an easy task when the American government throws all kinds of roadblocks in your path when it comes to aiding Christian victims and refugees, and prefers lavishing massive amounts of aid to Islamic ones. Europeans and the UN are even worse.

Anyone here ever have to deal with Muslim countries when getting Christians and other non-Muslim refugees out of the ME? Clue: it takes massive amounts of bribes, and half the time they just take the money and still prevent aid from getting to them. The U.S. consulates and diplomats are next to useless; they don't want to offend the slimey assholes.

Last edited:

There's plenty of evidence floating around that the CIA was complicit in fomenting unrest in Syria. Our current threats the bomb them has certainly sent more of them heading for cover.

come on Dillo.....the CIA doesn't do those kinds of things.....

In the Bush Years we were assured that invading Iraq would result in a sweeping democratic movement throughout the Middle East. After being greeted as liberators, Jeffersonian democracy would miraculously appear and rid the world of extremists and terrorism.

Then came the Arab Spring. The very phenomenon predicted by the Neo-Cons. But that democratic movement has been abandoned by the political class that carried all the water for it only 10 years ago.

If only there was oil under those poor Syrian refugees. There wouldn't be a breath of dissent from any American Conservative.

It all adds up though. The bitter irony and blatant hypocrisy reflected in the Conservative attitude is, unfortunately, de riguer for a political class lacking forethought.

Forum List

Back