Helping Syrian refugees

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
UN Refugee Agency - USA for UNHCR

No matter what your political beliefs are, there are hundreds of thousands of refugees who need our help.

Andrew Harper appeared on The Daily Show last night. You can still catch a re-run later to day on the comedy channel or you can see the interview here -

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - Political Comedy - Fake News | Comedy Central

I hope you will join me in helping these poor people who have been forced from their homes by the monstrous actions of Assad.

better hurry up and save them before obama and his ilk kill them all!

No matter what your political beliefs are, there are hundreds of thousands of refugees who need our help.

Andrew Harper appeared on The Daily Show last night. You can still catch a re-run later to day on the comedy channel or you can see the interview here -

I hope you will join me in helping these poor people who have been forced from their homes by the monstrous actions of Assad.

The Muslim world must be made look after them.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
The muslims of the world number well over a billion. They should help fellow muslims. There are very wealthy countries in the middle east who are in position to help them.

If an American really does want to help Syrian refugees, then it is up to that American to oppose obama's plan to make Syria into another brutal fundamentalist regime.

Truthfully, i really do not care one bit about them.

I am pretty darn sure they hate us, so let the people they love help them.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Doesn't matter what "created" them. They are human beings and, through no fault of their own, in desperate need of help.

I swear, I'll never understand the so-called pro-lifers who actually hate people.

I am already sending aid through my tax dollars to these people. That is more than generous seeing I need to break my back in order to provide my myself and my son.

"To help the many Syrians in need this Eid al-Fitr, the United States is providing an additional $195 million in food aid and other humanitarian aid, bringing our humanitarian contribution to the Syrian people to over $1 billion since the crisis began" Barack Obama August 07, 2013

Statement by the President on the Occasion of Eid al-Fitr | The White House

The Guardian reported 4.5 million refugees fled Syria due to gas attacks. They want the USA to attack ASAP before they all die in tent cities.

Last edited:
399672_599065296771051_870366470_n_zpsf2cfcb56.jpg

The irony is delicious.

But invading Iraq was a mistake right?

I am already sending aid through my tax dollars to these people. That is more than generous seeing I need to break my back in order to provide my myself and my son.

"To help the many Syrians in need this Eid al-Fitr, the United States is providing an additional $195 million in food aid and other humanitarian aid, bringing our humanitarian contribution to the Syrian people to over $1 billion since the crisis began" Barack Obama August 07, 2013

Statement by the President on the Occasion of Eid al-Fitr | The White House

If we can remove Assad for around the $1.1 billion we spent overthrowing Qudaffe, I am all for it. We will be money ahead of aiding refugees. Plus we will benefit greatly from the Qatar pipelines Assad & Russia are blocking.

Doesn't matter what "created" them. They are human beings and, through no fault of their own, in desperate need of help.

I swear, I'll never understand the so-called pro-lifers who actually hate people.

I don't hate them. I said i don't care one bit about them or that they are refugees. Let the saudi's take them in and help them. Hell, let russia take them in.

I don't give a rats ass about people who hate us.

It’s not a matter of hate. Are you helping the poor and starving in Rwanda? How about the destitute in the Congo? Are you going to ignore the people being killed every day in Somalia?

The reality here is that you only care because these people make the news. There is suffering and depravity all over the planet and literally millions die all the time for lack of resources like food and water or from cruel warlords. There is almost nothing that we can really do with them and we have our own right here that are destitute. We need to focus on ourselves and improving this nation before we go gallivanting off to ‘save’ random suffering in nations that we have no control or benefit from doing so. We are already sending some aid there and quite frankly that is all I really care to send. That is likely one of the LESSER places that really needs help but the other places we simply don’t care about – those people are not sitting on resources that we desperately want to tap into.

We are in the business of creating refugees--not helping them---sorry.

WE did not create these refugees.

Not yet but if 9when0 we start the bombing we certainly WILL create many more. All that to ‘help’ Syrians as though bombs are a wonderful boon.

first ask yourself this question. Would there be all these refugees if Obama didn't promote and support the Arab Spring? which one of these countries, Egypt, Libya, Syria is better off today? which one of them is now a better ally to the USA? How has this made the region more stable?

Forum List

Back