Help needed

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by RodISHI, Feb 19, 2010.

1. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    Everyone small farms need your help. If you can take just a few minutes of your time and address this many of us out here in rural America would be very grateful. The USDA released its draft Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) on Monsanto's GE, Roundup Ready alfalfa on December 14, 2009, and the comment period is now open until March 3, 2010.

I cannot stress enough the importance of people making their voices heard in this matter. We need to tell USDA we care about freedom and liberty enough to refuse to accept a giant taking over control of every seed of life by contaminating all seeds. Alfalfa seeds are pollinated

USDA’s preliminary determination is to once again deregulate GE alfalfa without any limitations or protections for farmers or the environment. USDA has completely dismissed the fact that contamination will threaten export and domestic markets and organic meat and dairy products. USDA is claiming that there is no evidence that consumers care about such GE contamination of organic!

The USDA is also claiming that consumers will not reject GE contamination of organic alfalfa if the contamination is unintentional or if the transgenic material is not transmitted to the end milk or meat product, despite the fact that more than 75% of consumers believe that they are purchasing products without GE ingredients when they buy organic. My ass! When I buy something labeled organic I fully expect that it does not have any genetic modifications in it.

The USDA claims that Monsanto’s seed contracts require measures sufficient to prevent genetic contamination, and that there is no evidence to the contrary. But in the CFS lawsuit requiring this document, the Court found that contamination had already occurred in the fields of several Western states with these same business-as-usual practices in place! USDA is lying and Monsanto heads the team there at USDA. This needs to stop NOW!

Tell USDA That You DO Care About Genetic Contamination of Organic Crops and Food! Tell them that they have an obligation to protect our environment from this contamination!
    Docket No. APHIS-2007-0044

Below is the sample letter with our comments in it:

You can access this via this link to easily send one of your own and print it to send one by mail: Take Action: Tell USDA That You Care About GE Contamination of Organic Food!

We will be sending this letter out by regular US mail also.
    While you are there at True Food network you can also write your congressman and ask for protection from being used as a guinea pig via the food chain.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    They want food wars and starvation.
    Its sci fi.

3. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    Anyone else here eat alfalfa? I don't

4. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,628

My horse does.

I feel for farmers but I also feel for those of us paying farmers TO NOT GROW CROPS.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    What email did you submit it to the add to comment is missing
    Looks like the time for comments is passed
    'http://www.regulations.gov/search/Regs/home.html#docketDetail?R=APHIS-2007-0044

6. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    Our cows, rabbits, chickens, duck, geese, goats and wild game do. Bees also use the pollen to make honey.

This effects the most basic food chain.

Say No to Monsanto Genetically Modified Alfalfa!

7. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    No it is open until March 3, 2010. I'm a member of The True Food Network so it generates the email page, see if this link for sign in as a different user will work.

Take Action: Tell USDA That You Care About GE Contamination of Organic Food!

They are saying people don't care because most people had no clue on the first round that ended in Feb. I know that is not true it is obscure as people are not aware of these things as they are shoved through. The same way every other piece of BS is used to take advantage of an unsuspecting public.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  8. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    Apparently the first 60 days of the issue of genectically modified farm animals only 60 comments were considered by FDA when they made this decision to approve of patented GM animals. Sixty days that most of the general public had no clue that FDA was approving of patented livestock that it is to be fed to the public without their knowledge or informed consent.

FDA's Response to Public Comments

"According to the Dockets Branch, the Draft Guidance # 187 received a total of almost 29,000 comments as of mid-December 2008. Of this total, approximately 28,000 either were form letters or simply made general statements about GE animals or the guidance. Of these, the vast majority opposed the genetic engineering of animals. The remaining 797 comments contained specific suggestions or criticisms. Of these, approximately 60 were what we consider to be substantive, because they provided detailed analyses, recommendations, or opinions. They came from consumers, academics, animal advocacy groups, trade and professional associations, consumer and environmental groups, foreign governments, other federal and state government agencies, developers of GE animals, meat producers and purveyors, and pharmaceutical companies."

9. KissMy

KissMy Free Breast Exam

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,922
    This is worse than your wildest dreams & it has already happened over 12 years ago. Monsanto & others have patented & modified most of the useful plants on the planet. These plants have cross pollinated nearly all the natural plants in the world. Monsanto has won all lawsuits against people in every UN country refusing to pay Monsanto's technology fees on GMO crops whether you planted their seed or not. Monsanto owns all the food supply period. There is one Canadian farmer who may beat Monsanto but, I will have to read up on Monsanto vs Percy Schmeiser.

There are GMO fish & other wild life that have escaped & gone on to reproduce dominate genetically modified offspring. These animals are dominating all the others & will some day wipe out the natural animals.

Humans are next!

Be careful when writing congress telling them to impose tough food labeling laws. This makes it illegal for neighbors to trade locally grown food. That means if you neighbor has chickens & you buy some of his eggs you commit a federal crime. You also can't trade your garden tomatoes for his sweet corn. We do not want to wind up only being able to buy food from large corporations like Wal-Mart.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  10. FireFly

FireFly Bright F**ker

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +520
    Schmeiser pleased with victory over Monsanto
    Monsanto's take on Schmeiser