Help Me Understand This Lefters...

techieny

Conservative
Jun 19, 2011
Obama recently in Asia said that water boarding is still considered torture. So, if we captured the scum OBL we would not have used this methodology? So we shot/killed him to take this Obama policy issue off the table? I'm struggling to understand this inconsistency in message!?

Obama recently in Asia said that water boarding is still considered torture. So, if we captured the scum OBL we would not have used this methodology? So we shot/killed him to take this Obama policy issue off the table? I'm struggling to understand this inconsistency in message!?

killing someone puts them out of their misery.
Waterboarding them scares the heck out of them.

Hope that clears things up.

No not quite. Water boarding can yield useful information. I wonder how the Obama policy would've played out if he was captured.

Last edited:

No not quite. Water boarding can yield useful information. I wonder how the Obama policy would've played out if he was captured.

I was being sarcastic.

I have no issue with waterboarding.

I have no issue with the taking out of a senior leader of an enemy who attacked us first.

The fact that the left does not want to make the enemy suffer the discomfort of feeling like they are drowning, but dont mind making their children orphans is pretty hypocritical if you ask me.

Most of the time I just shake my head in disbelief when the left tries to explain things or rationalize things when common sense says the total opposite but then I wake up and realize that the left has no common sense. If it is not in a book or on the internet they chose that its not real or rational even though common sense proves that they are wrong.

Whether we should torture people is one issue (the answer is no, we should not).

Whether Navy Seals should attempt to capture OBL alive - at potentially greater risk to their own lives - is a different issue. Personally, my opinion is that they shouldn't. It's not worth it.

Killing is sometimes justified. Torture never is.

Torture does not yield reliable information. That's why it's not admissible in court. Because information obtained through torture is not reliable.

i hope this helps:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ceu7Rs--Bkk]occupy wall street... you are making this worse - YouTube[/ame]

perhaps you would be better directed to look at the geneva conventions to explain that.

but keep up the nice little troll.

do you rightwingnut twits even know how to start a discussion?

oh wait... it isn't about discussion; it's about rightwingnut loons high-fiving each other.

:cuckoo:

Whether we should torture people is one issue (the answer is no, we should not).

Whether Navy Seals should attempt to capture OBL alive - at potentially greater risk to their own lives - is a different issue. Personally, my opinion is that they shouldn't. It's not worth it.

How pathetic. You didn't answer my question.

Waterboarding IS torture.

Dating back to the Spanish Inquisition, the suffocation of bound prisoners with water has been favored because, unlike most other torture techniques, it produces no marks on the body.[27] CIA officers who have subjected themselves to the technique have lasted an average of 14 seconds before capitulating.[3]

According to at least one former CIA official, information retrieved from the waterboarding may not be reliable because a person under such duress may admit to anything, as harsh interrogation techniques lead to false confessions. "The person believes they are being killed, and as such, it really amounts to a mock execution, which is illegal under international law," says John Sifton of Human Rights Watch.[3] It is "bad interrogation. I mean you can get anyone to confess to anything if the torture's bad enough," said former CIA officer Bob Baer.[3]

Waterboarding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wanna know why Cheney and Jr. said it was "effective"? They were getting people to confess that Saddam was a major player in 9/11, when it is now known that he wasn't.

Incidentally, Pol Pot used the same interrogation technique to get signed FALSE confessions.

Dating back to the Spanish Inquisition, the suffocation of bound prisoners with water has been favored because, unlike most other torture techniques, it produces no marks on the body.[27] CIA officers who have subjected themselves to the technique have lasted an average of 14 seconds before capitulating.[3]

According to at least one former CIA official, information retrieved from the waterboarding may not be reliable because a person under such duress may admit to anything, as harsh interrogation techniques lead to false confessions. "The person believes they are being killed, and as such, it really amounts to a mock execution, which is illegal under international law," says John Sifton of Human Rights Watch.[3] It is "bad interrogation. I mean you can get anyone to confess to anything if the torture's bad enough," said former CIA officer Bob Baer.[3]

Wanna know why Cheney and Jr. said it was "effective"? They were getting people to confess that Saddam was a major player in 9/11, when it is now known that he wasn't.

Incidentally, Pol Pot used the same interrogation technique to get signed FALSE confessions.

are you on the medical marihuana ???

You guys still can't stand osama was killed under Obama's watch, can you?

It's eating them alive. :clap2:

you comletely left out the entire debate as to whether oir not waterboarding is torture.
There are valid points on both sides of that debate.

Actually, I dont care whose watch he was taken out of the picture under.

However, Obama supporters sure are hanging on to it as one of his few major accomplishments.

And I laugh when we see that "Mr. Nobel Peace Prize, war is bad" s claim to fame is the killing of another huiman being.

But that is just irony...I give him all the credit in the world. It was not easy for a man of his ideology to give the go ahead on something like that.

Hell....even I would have hesitated before I gave the order to kill the father of children.

Considering that I served 20 years in the US Military, yeah.......I think I'm qualified to figure out what is and isn't torture.

How much did you serve? Have you been waterboarded? If so, did it feel like torture?

And........FWIW..........yes, for SF types, they DO go through waterboarding training, but that is because they deploy to countries that don't recognize the Geneva Conventions, and they need to be prepared mentally if something goes wrong and they're captured in those nations, as they WILL use that technique.

Considering that I served 20 years in the US Military, yeah.......I think I'm qualified to figure out what is and isn't torture.

How much did you serve? Have you been waterboarded? If so, did it feel like torture?

And........FWIW..........yes, for SF types, they DO go through waterboarding training, but that is because they deploy to countries that don't recognize the Geneva Conventions, and they need to be prepared mentally if something goes wrong and they're captured in those nations, as they WILL use that technique.

But seeing as torture is defined as something that has long lasting physical and or psychological affects....how can you say waterboarding is torture if we do it to our SF's?

I mean.....do they string up our SF's to electircal chords and shock them to a point just before being lethal to prepare them just in case they are captured?

Forum List

Back