help for my essay please! re: old speech

May 1, 2012
i need to discuss the role of corporations in the u.s. government.. their influence, etc. Someone once showed me a video of a president giving a speech where he was told to "wrap it up" by some man in a suit (oil exec. i think they said?) standing next to him. i can't for the life of me remember who the president was or when it was from.. so i'm having no luck finding the video. please if someone knows what i'm talking about, direct me to the video again! thanks a million!

-Kaila

i need to discuss the role of corporations in the u.s. government.. their influence, etc. Someone once showed me a video of a president giving a speech where he was told to "wrap it up" by some man in a suit (oil exec. i think they said?) standing next to him. i can't for the life of me remember who the president was or when it was from.. so i'm having no luck finding the video. please if someone knows what i'm talking about, direct me to the video again! thanks a million!

-Kaila

It was Martin Van Buren, the video was from 1839, but it was his VP Richard M Johnson standing next to him.

hmm, i dont think that`s the one i`m looking for, this one was from the modern era... it looked about within the last 20 years. maybe it`s a lost cause though, thanks for your help anyway :)

yes :( i tried a ton of different searches and i just cant find it. i finished the paper without it now, but i'd still like to know just cuz it's driving me nuts haha

the site is for political discussion is it not? my paper was about politics. I was just hoping some nice person who happened to have the knowledge I needed would take a second and write me 7 words informing me of the title. I'll be more careful where I ask my questions next time...

the site is for political discussion is it not? my paper was about politics. I was just hoping some nice person who happened to have the knowledge I needed would take a second and write me 7 words informing me of the title. I'll be more careful where I ask my questions next time...
Sorry! Welcome to the internet.

Forum List

Back