Hell's Kitchen on FOX

He raises hell worse than the promos show. :D :thup: Dewberry. the whiney pear-shaped little sot got booted yesterday.

Shattered said:
He raises hell worse than the promos show. :D :thup: Dewberry. the whiney pear-shaped little sot got booted yesterday.
To bad...I probably won't bother watching, I worked with too many
Chefs like that. I don't need to relive that in my livingroom. ;)

*shrug* The person that can put up with that, learns a lot, is pretty much *guaranteed* to remember what they were taught, and walks away with their own restaurant. I'd do it. The only problem is that "Yes, Chef" certainly would NOT be the only two words in my dictionary while in the kithen. That may get me in trouble. :)

Shattered said:
*shrug* The person that can put up with that, learns a lot, is pretty much *guaranteed* to remember what they were taught, and walks away with their own restaurant. I'd do it. The only problem is that "Yes, Chef" certainly would NOT be the only two words in my dictionary while in the kithen. That may get me in trouble. :)
The closest I'll come to my own restaurant is a hot dog push cart maybe.
Owning an operating a restaurant has got to be the biggest pain in the butt ever.
I will admit I've considered it, but I can do without the constant headaches.

I'd love to learn under a hard-ass. See, the key to working for a hard as is this: Learn His/Her standards, then achieve them. Once you're there, it's cake. It's the 'getting there' which is stressfull. And that leads me to this thought: What the HELL is the problem with our society that people fear stress.

It's a COOKING SHOW and some of these young people act like they're about to land at D-Day.

Love this show. I would like to know if this guy is really like that in real life though - I'm sure there is a little embellishment but he is still probably an ass.

But it doesn't beat watching Flav and Brigette canoodling in the jacuzzi.

(j/k)

I'd probably venture to say he doesn't tell his *actual* customers to get fucked, or head on back to the plastic surgeon. And, other than dumping food on one of his assistants (doubt that happens), I'd say he's still probably a large ass in the kitchen. Probably not much to be afraid of tho..

...I wanna be related to him. Ramsey was my maiden name. :D

Shattered said:
I'd probably venture to say he doesn't tell his *actual* customers to get fucked, or head on back to the plastic surgeon. And, other than dumping food on one of his assistants (doubt that happens), I'd say he's still probably a large ass in the kitchen. Probably not much to be afraid of tho..

...I wanna be related to him. Ramsey was my maiden name. :D

Maybe you are...hmmmmmmm?

...considering the 'customers' are probably farmed in, in rented Vipers and vettes and limos...I think they are 'put-up' to complaining, etc.

-=d=- said:
...considering the 'customers' are probably farmed in, in rented Vipers and vettes and limos...I think they are 'put-up' to complaining, etc.

I wondered that too. I have never....and we eat out often (in all classes of restaurants).....NEVER witnessed or known of a server telling a customer to go into the kitchen and complain personally to the chef. And I doubt that the response from any member of the staff in a restaurant even close to what he said to those girls, would actually happen.

-=d=- said:
I'd love to learn under a hard-ass. See, the key to working for a hard as is this: Learn His/Her standards, then achieve them. Once you're there, it's cake.
Are you stil talking about cooking??? :rock:

Finally, a reality show I *want* to watch. They need a purple team, tho, and I want to be on it. Red/Blue sucks.

I'm waiting for the punkass guy to go next (not the one with all the tattoos - the smartalecky one). The Kidneystone Wonder should stay - that's just poor timing, them things hurt like HELL, and he still didn't walk. Give the guy some credit.

But I think Elsie will end up winning.

-=d=- said:
I think he's faking.

I don't think so. If you're going to fake it, alone in the kitchen hallway in the middle of the night is a damn silly place to do it. Also, even if faking, if someone comes to see what's wrong, you don't totally ignore them... I watched my husband go through that a total of 3 times. If he's faking it, he needs to be an actor - not a chef.

I also think if he were going to fake it, he could come up with something a little better than kidneystones..

He knows he's on camera 24-7...Most any other 'illness' can be verified easily...Kidney Stones require an Xray at least. :)

Easy to fake 'pain'.

True.. I'll give you the x-ray part.. But who's going to take all the time to plot that out? He knows that being problematical isn't going to allow him to win, so what would be the point? Pity? If pity were going to get your own restaurant handed to you, then Elsie WILL win, since she has 6 kids.

Time will tell. If said stone was to the point wherein he was rolling around on the floor (he even had the mannerisms, and position down pat - that's some good acting), then he should be back to rolling through life in the next episode, because that means the damn things near on its way out.

(Anyone else notice that Mary Ellen - or whatever her name is - LOOKS like the chick from the Waltons?)

Shattered said:
True.. I'll give you the x-ray part.. But who's going to take all the time to plot that out? He knows that being problematical isn't going to allow him to win, so what would be the point? Pity? If pity were going to get your own restaurant handed to you, then Elsie WILL win, since she has 6 kids.

Time will tell. If said stone was to the point wherein he was rolling around on the floor (he even had the mannerisms, and position down pat - that's some good acting), then he should be back to rolling through life in the next episode, because that means the damn things near on its way out.

(Anyone else notice that Mary Ellen - or whatever her name is - LOOKS like the chick from the Waltons?)

when I was in Basic Training many guys would suddenly come up with exotic and not-so-exotic aches and pains. It's a defense mechanism. He feels he can shed the blame for his (in)actions by directing the responsibility to his alleged kidney stones.

When he dropped that food - after taking it out, he sorta tried to blame the stone for that.

Forum List

Back