Hello

CrotchetyGeezer

I have a red pencil box.
Nov 3, 2012
Utah
Hello all. Just thought I'd introduce myself and see what this message board is like. Almost since AOL's inception , until their message boards finally went kaput, I was a member of AOL's message boards and generally frequented the War in Iraq, Operation Iraqi Freedom and, a few other boards of theirs. My screen name was Grumpy63528 for a long time so if any other members here are from those boards as well, they might know who I am. I love arguing/debating but I'm pretty much set in my ways so you're going to have to give a pretty convincing argument to change my mind if you are so inclined to try and do so. But, that's all for now.

Hello all. Just thought I'd introduce myself and see what this message board is like. Almost since AOL's inception , until their message boards finally went kaput, I was a member of AOL's message boards and generally frequented the War in Iraq, Operation Iraqi Freedom and, a few other boards of theirs. My screen name was Grumpy63528 for a long time so if any other members here are from those boards as well, they might know who I am. I love arguing/debating but I'm pretty much set in my ways so you're going to have to give a pretty convincing argument to change my mind if you are so inclined to try and do so. But, that's all for now.

I doubt that very few people are really intellectually confident enough to admit that their minds have been changed by something they read in a place like this.

This place is haunted by partisans, not by people interested in discussing issues honestly and openly.

I doubt that very few people are really intellectually confident enough to admit that their minds have been changed by something they read in a place like this.

This place is haunted by partisans, not by people interested in discussing issues honestly and openly.

Yeah, you're probably right that very few minds would be changed by something they read in a message board but, they can try. And, I have fun trying to change theirs even though I know it's most likely futile.

Additionally, most people are pretty partisan but I do think there are some who at least think they're discussing issues honestly and openly, albeit, they're naive and gullible and are completely oblivious to the fact that they're really not discussing issues honestly and openly.

Additionally, most people are pretty partisan but I do think there are some who at least think they're discussing issues honestly and openly, albeit, they're naive and gullible and are completely oblivious to the fact that they're really not discussing issues honestly and openly.

AGreed.

What I find most troubling about the political scene we face today is the wholesale difference in what we are being told.

When the two primary political POVs cannot even agree on the DATA, there's small chance that even people who honestly want to find the truth will be able to do so.

Welcome to USMB, CrochetyGeezer. Hope you enjoy the boards.

Welcome to USMB, CrochetyGeezer. Hope you enjoy the boards.

Thanks freedombecki. Board looks fun so far.

Forum List

Back