Hello from a new poster:

Do you do metal work like the double wings on Castaway?

DSCN3880.jpg

Nope.

Hi--I'm new to this board, and I'm interested in some lively discussions, as well as posting some threads of my own. My politics are what some people would call very mixed. I was a Democrat for a long time, but I recently switched to the Independent Party (or Unenrolled, as it's called in my present city of residence.)

I'm also interested in movies , particularly classic films of the 1960's, exotic birds, walking, bicycling, Martial Arts, and do metalwork. I also reside in a rather large artists' community in a blue-collar city just a little bit north of Boston.

Welcome Independent Minded......I hope you enjoy posting here....so where's this artist's community close to Boston? I lived in NH for 5 years some time back....and never heard of it. One of my sons is a graphic artist and got a very good start at West High School in New Hampshire....but I never knew there was an artist community nearby.

Anyway....have fun posting.

Hi--I'm new to this board, and I'm interested in some lively discussions, as well as posting some threads of my own. My politics are what some people would call very mixed. I was a Democrat for a long time, but I recently switched to the Independent Party (or Unenrolled, as it's called in my present city of residence.)

I'm also interested in movies , particularly classic films of the 1960's, exotic birds, walking, bicycling, Martial Arts, and do metalwork. I also reside in a rather large artists' community in a blue-collar city just a little bit north of Boston.

Welcome Independent Minded......I hope you enjoy posting here....so where's this artist's community close to Boston? I lived in NH for 5 years some time back....and never heard of it. One of my sons is a graphic artist and got a very good start at West High School in New Hampshire....but I never knew there was an artist community nearby.

Hi, Meretex. Thank you for welcoming me here to the forum. I live in Somerville, MA, which is just north of Boston, and was part of Boston's Charlestown section more than 150 years ago, but seceded, and created its own city Administration.

Glad to hear that your son has been so successful as a graphic artist. New Hampshire is about an hour or so north of Massachusetts, depending on how far up in New Hampshire one drives to from here.

I've enjoyed posting here so far.

Hi, Meretex. Thank you for welcoming me here to the forum. I live in Somerville, MA, which is just north of Boston, and was part of Boston's Charlestown section more than 150 years ago, but seceded, and created its own city Administration.

Glad to hear that your son has been so successful as a graphic artist. New Hampshire is about an hour or so north of Massachusetts, depending on how far up in New Hampshire one drives to from here.

Thank you. I lived in Bedford, NH.....and worked at Hanscom AFB....the drive was brutal, especially in the winter, but that is the most beautiful place I have ever lived. Being from Texas I couldn't handle the winters...was glad to leave. Hope to see your posts in the Forum.

Thank you. I lived in Bedford, NH.....and worked at Hanscom AFB....the drive was brutal, especially in the winter, but that is the most beautiful place I have ever lived. Being from Texas I couldn't handle the winters...was glad to leave. Hope to see your posts in the Forum.

Hi again, Merete! You're welcome. It must've been a pretty tough commute back and forth to and from your job at Hansom AFB. I can imagine that the drive was especially brutal in the winter. The winters can be, and often enough, have been, rather hit or miss, if one gets the drift. Nobody can really predict what our New England winters will be like.

Are you happier in Texas? It sounds like it.

Hi again, Merete! You're welcome. It must've been a pretty tough commute back and forth to and from your job at Hansom AFB. I can imagine that the drive was especially brutal in the winter. The winters can be, and often enough, have been, rather hit or miss, if one gets the drift. Nobody can really predict what our New England winters will be like.

Yes, I'm happier in Texas. It is my home....born and raised here, can't handle harsh winters. I experienced what New Englanders call "noreaster" and it was scary driving in it. It should be getting really hot here in a couple of months......argh.....this is the time when I would like to be in New England...:)

Yes, I'm happier in Texas. It is my home....born and raised here, can't handle harsh winters. I experienced what New Englanders call "noreaster" and it was scary driving in it. It should be getting really hot here in a couple of months......argh.....this is the time when I would like to be in New England...:)
Here in west Texas we don't worry too much about snow though driving in the spring and fall can be fun.......... :D

westtexassandstorm.jpg

I can understand that. It's what one is used to. I was raised here in the Boston area, in a suburb of Boston, and when I began going to school in Boston, and therefore got a taste of city living, and found myself liking it better than the 'burbs or the boonies, I was adamant about continuing to live in the city, here in the Boston area, and it came true. I couldn't see myself setting up roots anywhere else, although I do like to visit other places from time to time.

New England can be beautiful in the summer, and, if you like to swim, there are plenty of ocean beaches to be had. It can and does get hot and humid in New England here in the summer, too, however. Our seasons (particularly the winter and summer) are often rather hit-or-miss, if one gets the drift.

Here in west Texas we don't worry too much about snow though driving in the spring and fall can be fun.......... :D

westtexassandstorm.jpg

If you're talking about sandstorms....I experienced those in Lancaster, California....and they're just as bad as snow storms...:)

New England can be beautiful in the summer, and, if you like to swim, there are plenty of ocean beaches to be had. It can and does get hot and humid in New England here in the summer, too, however. Our seasons (particularly the winter and summer) are often rather hit-or-miss, if one gets the drift.

I think New England is beautiful year round.....it's beautiful in the winter when there is snow everywhere and you feel like you are inside a Christmas card....but I'm not so sure about the ocean beaches. It seemed to me the beaches were too rocky and it was never really hot enough to enjoy going in the water. It seemed to get hot for about two days in the summer there....and then it would ease up. I believed my neighbors when they said New England was 9 months of winter and 3 months of bad sledding...if you get my drift...:)

I enjoy the classic films of the sixties also, that is when they started showing boobies...

westtexassandstorm.jpg

If you're talking about sandstorms....I experienced those in Lancaster, California....and they're just as bad as snow storms...:)
Except that snow doesn't get in your ears, eyes and up your nose....

You sound cool daddyo and it sounds like a cool place to live. I live on a lake in metro Detroit. Nice town.

What do you do for $ and how old are you? I'm 45 and in sales.

I enjoy the classic films of the sixties also, they started showing boobies...
Name some good movies from the 60s

You sound cool daddyo and it sounds like a cool place to live. I live on a lake in metro Detroit. Nice town.

Car sales?

Car sales?
No I'm in manufacturing. That's all I'm saying

I enjoy the classic films of the sixties also, they started showing boobies...
Name some good movies from the 60s
Pagan Island
Peeping Tom
Spartacus

Pardon My Pigment
The Plumber's Friend
Drive-In Me Crazy

Forum List

Back